2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Is the F&W book that the Disney Food Blog publishes worth buying?
IMO any of their information can be found from multiple sources including the WDW website & this message board. If you don't want to spend time searching & compiling the info yourself it might be worth it to you. Personally I rather cross check several different sources myself because I've found errors in some of what they have on their website. I don't know if they update their publications with the correct info regularly.

Also none of the various non-Disney websites including DFB have detailed reviews of every Special event being offered at F & W. It really bugs me that they refer you to their review of the no longer offered Italian Beer & Pizza Pairing for both the Italian Food, Wine vs. Beer Pairing (totally different event) & the Italian Regional Pairing which isn't even held in the same venue and is a totally different experience.

NadaLimonada this is the thread with all the info I was telling you about.

I purchased it one year just to support them. I have to admit I was not really that impressed. There's a Calendar, a listing of events with some descriptions and information on the booths. They make up some themed walks like you could do the cheese walk where you eat all the cheese options at Various booths, or the lamb walk or something like that.

As all the information is available between DFB, here on the boards/site, allears, disney website, etc, I find no need to purchase it.

Wrt the DFB Guide: many on here compile their own spreadsheets/lists to pull the relevant info to them into one place NEATLY. While all those sources cited do together contain all the info, it can be a PAIN to make your way through.

If you're not going to do that and would like to see it all pulled together neatly for you with a few features like the "walks" already mentioned, then I think it's worth it.

It is inexpensive and well done. There has been the occasional mistake, but nothing major. I pull my own spreadsheet together but still get the guide to share with family coming with.

We're talking about $12 after their 20% discount. When you consider the price of a Disney vacation, those few dollars seem well spent to me.

Last edited:
It really bugs me that they refer you to their review of the no longer offered Italian Beer & Pizza Pairing for both the Italian Food, Wine vs. Beer Pairing (totally different event) & the Italian Regional Pairing which isn't even held in the same venue and is a totally different experience.
i noticed that too!
but i end up buying their books occasionally- i definitely compile my own spreadsheets (i'm VERY productive at work lol), but figure i use their website so often throughout the year and enjoy their work, the least i can do is support them financially every once in a while- especially if i get a nice book out of it.

figure i use their website so often throughout the year and enjoy their work, the least i can do is support them financially every once in a while- especially if i get a nice book out of it.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And again -- we're talking about TWELVE DOLLARS! We buy 4 bottles of water in WDW and we've hit that!

Help, please?

So DH and I finally had the big "What do we REALLY want to do at Food & Wine" conversation last night. It turns out we both have some reservations about trying to book Party for the Senses. Neither one of us like big crowds in enclosed spaces and it sounds like there could be a lot of standing around in line. It seems like a hefty price tag for two and a half hours of a crowded room with lots of lines and we might more enjoy a seated, themed dining experience.

On the other hand, I understand that it is the signature event for F&W. And I have certainly read lots of reviews from people who love the party. This is our first time at the festival and I don't know when/if we may be able to go again, so I don't want to miss something that I shouldn't.

I would very much appreciate any advice!

Help, please?

So DH and I finally had the big "What do we REALLY want to do at Food & Wine" conversation last night. It turns out we both have some reservations about trying to book Party for the Senses. Neither one of us like big crowds in enclosed spaces and it sounds like there could be a lot of standing around in line. It seems like a hefty price tag for two and a half hours of a crowded room with lots of lines and we might more enjoy a seated, themed dining experience.

On the other hand, I understand that it is the signature event for F&W. And I have certainly read lots of reviews from people who love the party. This is our first time at the festival and I don't know when/if we may be able to go again, so I don't want to miss something that I shouldn't.

Everyone gets seats this year- but that's the grand total of info I can pass on having never been either.

i went through the same thing yesterday- i know the people who go pretty much love it, and it's becomes an annual tradition.
but i ended up not trying to book it this year- i'm a solo traveler, so that plays into it a little, but ultimately, even though this will be my third food & wine trip, i still have a lot of other things to see & do- other (smaller) special events, and all the new food items at the booths.
i figure NEXT year may be my year to do PFTS. and from what i understand, once i start going, i'll probably feel the need to go every year, so another year delay will save my wallet a little money :)

Help, please?

My wife and I have been going to F&W for several years. We've never done PFTS, and just started doing the other events over the last couple of years (Mediterranean F&W Pairing in 2015; Tequila Lunch and What's Cooking With/Robert Irvine in 2016). We have nothing planned this year for F&W events, but we are booked for Highway In The Sky Dine Around. We pretty much will focus on the booths.

If I booked a Mix It Make It Celebrate It! that ends at 1:30, and then a beverage seminar the same day that starts at 1:30, will that work? I'm assuming that since they're in the same building it won't be a race across the park or anything like that, but I also don't want to be rude sneaking in at the last minute. Thoughts?

Help, please?

We did PFTS once many years ago when it was only $95 and there was only one price option so no reserved seating. While it was an interesting experience it is not something we care to repeat. We get much more enjoyment out of the smaller special events held in some of the countries and we get to do at least two of those for the same money we would spend on PFTS. I rather have the sit down and be waited on experience of the smaller events.

We did PFTS once many years ago when it was only $95 and there was only one price option so no reserved seating. While it was an interesting experience it is not something we care to repeat. We get much more enjoyment out of the smaller special events held in some of the countries and we get to do at least two of those for the same money we would spend on PFTS. I rather have the sit down and be waited on experience of the smaller events.
We also chose between doing a couple of meal events or doing the party this year but we settled on PFTS. I looked at reviews of the meals we were looking at and usually one or two of the dishes that had previously been served didn't appeal to me or someone else in my group. For that much money I would want to love every dish I was served. We figured that the party will have such a broad variety of food and drink that everyone will find multiple drinks and dishes they like. I was really in debate because I had to give up our BOG dinner reservation for the party but after lots of research, talking to people here on the DIS and talking to my family we all preferred trying PFTS.

Help, please?

Same thoughts as samara!! Initially, I was excited for PFTS but the logistics are not in our favor.. We'll need to change our dates around it and go to PFTS on arrival day. Add the fact that we'll be using a day ticket for it (~$100 value imo) during Saturday where F&W crowd levels are extreme, I'm getting reluctant to book. On the other hand, I've seen great review on it. Can y'all please chime in on the value of PFTS?

Something weird from booking Reserved Seating for PFTS: the CM mentioned arriving early and a special cocktail toast, but the Disney website only has that listed as a benefit of the Wine View Lounge seating. I'm suspecting this was a thing in the past, is not part of this seating package anymore, and that Disney just didn't bother to update the disclosure and instructions that CMs have to read off on the phone?

This is my personal feeling as well. I also did PFTS when it was $95 and it was good to experience it once. I also prefer the smaller, quieter experiences much more so have not gone to PFTS since. I know a lot of people enjoy PFTS each year, though, so to each their own!

Something weird from booking Reserved Seating for PFTS: the CM mentioned arriving early and a special cocktail toast, but the Disney website only has that listed as a benefit of the Wine View Lounge seating. I'm suspecting this was a thing in the past, is not part of this seating package anymore, and that Disney just didn't bother to update the disclosure and instructions that CMs have to read off on the phone?
Come to think of it the CM said that to me as well. She also said for the reserved seating that we would be seated at a table with other guests which is not true according to the Disney website when I went back to look. And she told us to arrive at 6:45 for the event starting at 7 but the website says 7:30. It looks like reserved seating and guaranteed seating don't get in early either which I didn't realize. We will definitely need to be there early now.

Help, please?

Wow! I must be the oldest person on this board. I cannot say how long ago we did our first Party, but I believe it was $45 at the time and it was one of the first years of our 19 F&W Festivals. We have not been to PFTS in 6 or 7 years, but were looking to go this year with guaranteed seating. However, no Party on 11/4.

We went regularly for years and even booked our vacation to cross TWO PFTS a couple of times. We felt it was a great way to get to taste wines from ALL of the wineries that were there that week as well as to be able to sample from ALL of the chefs that were there that week (and also have some nice chats with them near the end of the Party). Very memorable was chatting with Andrew Sutton of Napa Rose (Grand Californian) as well as Jason Martin of Steakhouse 55. We made our first California F&W trip in 2008? as a result of their encouragement and enjoyed every minute of our California F&W trip...even meeting them again at their respective restaurants

So, if you are new to WDW F&W Festival, I would suggest it as a good idea to be able to cover a lot of territory in a small amount of time all under one roof (well, tent). Some of the food and beverage samplings helped us out for the future year's bookings since those that we liked we booked, and those that were not memorable---well---we didn't book. If you have a really positive experience with certain events, wines, or chefs, I would carry a small booklet (or just on your phone) to note which ones are your favorites for next year.

Your decisions, but whatever you decide, ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter