2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

So glad to hear this about the flower and garden festival. We've already decided that this may be our last F&W-we're going to try the flower and garden festival in the spring and maybe go to that every year instead of the F&W. Also, the bands are more of "our generation".

You will enjoy Flower and Garden. The park will not be as crowded and there will still be plenty of food items to choose from

Only 9 days left for our first F&W experience! We will be there over Columbus Day weekend, the 6-10. I assume the long weekends are quite busier than usual. I am very excited but also a little nervous for the crowds. My plan is to go during the early hours of the day (11:00am start) and avoid the area at night. Just curious on what kind of crowds to expect during the day? Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think the days during that week are going to be pretty crowded too - maybe not as bad as evening time but still busy. We are going the next week and considering there is hardly a room to be found on property I am expecting our week to be crazy busy too. This time in October has now become the new busy time at Disney.

I was at the PFTS last Saturday night and I expect to be at all of the upcoming parties as well. Excluding the check-in issues with the WVL guests, and based on the positive comments made here and during the exit at the end of the party, it was very well received.

WVL check-in issues:
I'm certain that the check in issues experienced by some WVL guests are being addressed. Party managers are very well aware of the problems and I'm confident that things will go smoothly at the next party. To remove all doubt, I would check in at the front of the park and take advantage of the Minnie Van transportation to the World Showplace. You're paying for it.

Arriving early:
I would arrive no more than 15 minutes before your party start time. It's not necessary as all tables are preassigned. The check in process has been streamlined and for the first time it's being done electronically. There are five check-in stations staffed by two CMs and it goes very quickly. Checked in guests no longer wait inside the World Showplace waiting for the curtains to part and creating what is called "the running with the bulls" scenario. There is only one Que line with very little wait. Give the CM your last name, get your table number, wrist band and it's directly off to your table.

Do you need a coat:
Bring one if you're not sure. I did a walk through several times during the evening and didn't find it to be cold, but that was me.

The staff were fantastic
I agree with this comment.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the Parisian Breakfast yet this year? Taking my mom Nov. 4 and it's our first special F&W event. :) I've read reviews of past years, but very curious how 2017 compares!

Don't know about this year, but we went about 2-3 years ago. Not a fun experience.

Waaaaay too crowded. Zero room between tables. Food was OK (same pastries they sell in the quick stop bakery next door, food service coffee). When I complained to the manager and asked him to observe how his employees were unable to get to/from tables (forget guest comfort they clearly didn't care about that - how are your employees able to serve efficiently and turn over tables as quickly as possible?) his response was that WDW corporate demanded that they fit X number of tables in the restaurant. Normally it wasn't an issue for that many tables but a significant chunk of seating space needed to be converted to buffet space so the same number of guest tables had to get squeezed together.

He apologized in a sorry-not-sorry way and then I asked him if this was supposed to be a real Parisian experience. He got quiet and admitted it was not.

HUGE HUGS to your mom!! (i'm a sister survivor!)party:

I performed in the Main Street Parade and at Hollywood Studios in the middle of my chemo treatments (I had 6 treatments and performed between #3 and #4). My entire treatment plan was scheduled around me being able to get on that plane!

I wish you the most magical trip ever!!

Thank you so much!

Has anyone done the Parisian Breakfast yet this year? Taking my mom Nov. 4 and it's our first special F&W event. :) I've read reviews of past years, but very curious how 2017 compares!

Have not done this year yet, we are also going on the 4th. This will be our third year, we always enjoy the breakfast and meet the nicest people.

Has anyone attended the Parisian Afternoon or the Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing? I have tickets to both and am curious about the reviews.

...Oh and just a general comment for the anti-alcohol folks - why can't you just mind your business - you have no idea who you yelling at - and if they are not stumbling around, making trouble and obviously drunk that what is your point?
I saw a women berate a guy who had two beers (that he was drinking) in his hands when he was getting in the line to wait for the Pandora ride.

it's a 60 minute wait - and I got talking to him since he was behind me in line and was bothered by the women - he was an Air Force officer on leave and this was his first trip to Disney - I dont know who these people are that feel they can yell at people for consuming what Disney is selling
:offtopic: Ugh! I would have been SO tempted to accidentally spill on the lady, but in reality would definitely not have done that! That dude was prepped! That's a long line, I'd be like "rock on man, you were thinking ahead!" I'm glad you were there to talk to him and let him know she's the weirdo not him :) (Also I think that incident is not par for the course though, I certainly haven't heard of something like that before.)

I was at the PFTS last Saturday night and I expect to be at all of the upcoming parties as well. Excluding the check-in issues with the WVL guests, and based on the positive comments made here and during the exit at the end of the party, it was very well received.

WVL check-in issues:
I'm certain that the check in issues experienced by some WVL guests are being addressed. Party managers are very well aware of the problems and I'm confident that things will go smoothly at the next party. To remove all doubt, I would check in at the front of the park and take advantage of the Minnie Van transportation to the World Showplace. You're paying for it.

Arriving early:
I would arrive no more than 15 minutes before your party start time. It's not necessary as all tables are preassigned. The check in process has been streamlined and for the first time it's being done electronically. There are five check-in stations staffed by two CMs and it goes very quickly. Checked in guests no longer wait inside the World Showplace waiting for the curtains to part and creating what is called "the running with the bulls" scenario. There is only one Que line with very little wait. Give the CM your last name, get your table number, wrist band and it's directly off to your table.

Do you need a coat:
Bring one if you're not sure. I did a walk through several times during the evening and didn't find it to be cold, but that was me.

I agree with this comment.

After all sitting in the heat for 45 minutes waiting on the Minnie van is wonderful

And no everyone was not happy at PFTS last Saturday.

Don't know about this year, but we went about 2-3 years ago. Not a fun experience.

Waaaaay too crowded. Zero room between tables. Food was OK (same pastries they sell in the quick stop bakery next door, food service coffee). When I complained to the manager and asked him to observe how his employees were unable to get to/from tables (forget guest comfort they clearly didn't care about that - how are your employees able to serve efficiently and turn over tables as quickly as possible?) his response was that WDW corporate demanded that they fit X number of tables in the restaurant. Normally it wasn't an issue for that many tables but a significant chunk of seating space needed to be converted to buffet space so the same number of guest tables had to get squeezed together.

He apologized in a sorry-not-sorry way and then I asked him if this was supposed to be a real Parisian experience. He got quiet and admitted it was not.

Ummm. Have you ever been to Paris? He was wrong only in that there's a Lot more room at this event then in a typical Parisian cafe.

I never had any problems at thus eveMy.

Arriving early:

Where do you wait once you are checked in?

In the Odessey building where the Craft Beers are located they are selling a Lime/Orange mixture of cotton candy. They also have a cotton candy non-alcoholic drink in Light Lab.

Does anyone happen to know if this cotton candy is safe for Celiacs? Same for the boba pearls? I haven't been able to find anything definitive on either and received a generic e-mail from the special diets group at Disney. It would be great to know before we get there to avoid any potential disappointment (my son).

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter