2017 Release Watch :)

I was checking to see if my preferred CBR was available, but not seeing anything except Pirate rooms at this point.

I did my reservation through the Canadian website since I was hoping for a special for Canadians that would complement their current offer on tickets. Maybe it's the difference? When I booked at 6:10am every room category was available for CBR on my dates.

Edit: As of 6:48am every room category at CBR for my dates are still available to book with discount except for preferred (I was using the Canadian website).

Last edited:
I was looking for POP too but no dice, I'll do a RO and add the Cdn tix as well and then pay out of pocket for dining.
Never say die .... I was playing around constantly since the offer was released on Wednesday and the room I wanted kept showing up then disappearing. With the handy change/cancel option now I'm hoping it will work out in the wash soon!

I did my reservation through the Canadian website since I was hoping for a special for Canadians that would complement their current offer on tickets. Maybe it's the difference? When I booked at 6:10am every room category was available for CBR on my dates.

Edit: As of 6:48am every room category at CBR for my dates are still available to book with discount except for preferred (I was using the Canadian website).

That's so odd. Still showing only pirate rooms available on my end via the US site. Maybe they're holding some back...?

That's so odd. Still showing only pirate rooms available on my end via the US site. Maybe they're holding some back...?

Preferred CBR just showed for me under PSD on the mobile site. No standards, though. I needed to scroll below the pirate rooms.

Preferred CBR just showed for me under PSD on the mobile site. No standards, though. I needed to scroll below the pirate rooms.

And you're booking through the US site? The Pirate rooms show last for me, and as the only available. Ahh well - I'll keep on checking back - could be our specific dates, too. The first days of these promotions are always a little unpredictable. :)
IMG_0219.PNG

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

@laura428 it's probably your specific dates because for my dates (03/08-03/11) the US sites shows me availabilities for all the room categories except preferred.

I waited on hold for about an hour---but w/help from the chat person was able to modify my reservation...
I was hoping some rooms would open for PSD at POP...but no deal.
I was able to score a pkg. discount ...we saved about $98... every bit helps :)

Last edited:
I was able to change my POR reservation to CB with the PSD package and saved about $250. I think! Got this about 6:00 am this morning.

We decided to go with a room discount. Saved about $113.00. Just makes more sense for our family than the dining package. Got a garden view room at POR for January. We're excited to try a new resort. Now to really 'budget' crunch on food. We've always had free dining (true free dining!) in the past and one CL stay (rarely bought a meal!). Hope everyone gets a deal that works for them!!

We ended up booking a 3 resort stay. We couldn't get POP for the days we needed, so with the RO discounts plus our Cdn tickets discounts I'm happy. Plus we get to try 3 new resorts, 3 nights each.

This is my first year as a passholder, and I am going to be booking rooms for marathon weekend. Is it better to take the current discount, or wait for a passholder one to be released?

I tried to figure out from the historical info at Mouse Savers, when the AP discount might come out, and it seems like it is usually a few weeks after the general public one.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the risk involved in waiting. I'm also wondering if it would even be a better discount; it seems like the percentages are all over the place. Do they generally offer less rooms for the AP discount or is it about the same?

I just don't want to risk not taking the current offer, and losing out by waiting to for the AP one. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm confused myself trying to keep track of all the differences!

woohoo! Was trying to get POFQ when the discounts first came out this morning, but nothing was available for my dates. Tried again just now and there was exactly the room and dates I wanted! A small savings of $113, but I'm happy with it! So keep trying if you didn't see availability earlier :)

This is my first year as a passholder, and I am going to be booking rooms for marathon weekend. Is it better to take the current discount, or wait for a passholder one to be released?

I tried to figure out from the historical info at Mouse Savers, when the AP discount might come out, and it seems like it is usually a few weeks after the general public one.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out the risk involved in waiting. I'm also wondering if it would even be a better discount; it seems like the percentages are all over the place. Do they generally offer less rooms for the AP discount or is it about the same?

I just don't want to risk not taking the current offer, and losing out by waiting to for the AP one. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm confused myself trying to keep track of all the differences!

My advice is that if you see something that fits your needs, book it. You can always cancel and rebook or change your reservation if something better comes along, and I have done just that.

I am eligible for a disney visa discount, Passholder discount and Florida Resident discount, and of course general public. They apparently have different inventories for the different offers. Just this morning, I was comparing between a general offer, a florida resident offer and a passholder offer, for the same resort, same room type, same dates. Under the florida resident offer the room was one price, under passholder offer was a different price, and under general offer, no room available.

Last edited:
Thanks, MsThumper! I was just getting overwhelmed with trying to figure out the differences! It's kind of ridiculous how complex it's gotten!

I think I book with the general offer, and rebook if the AP one is better. Thanks, again!

My advice is that if you see something that fits your needs, book it. You can always cancel and rebook or change your reservation if something better comes along, and I have done just that.

I am eligible for a disney visa discount, Passholder discount and Florida Resident discount, and of course general public. They apparently have different inventories for the different offers. Just this morning, I was comparing between a general offer, a florida resident offer and a passholder offer, for the same resort, same room type, same dates, under the florida resident offer the room was one price, under passholder offer was a different price, and under general offer, no room available.
I agree with the complexity being a problem...Why do we need to release the discount 6 different ways with different room inventories?? It makes it so confusing for people to compare...I wish they were just more transparent!

Well we really wanted dining so 4 rooms at Beach club with SPD was going to be way too much. We switched to two 2 bedroom villas at Old Key West and it was $7000.00 cheaper than 4 rooms at Beach club with SPD. The main pool is under refurb. which sucks but a waterlide is not worth $7000.00!

The discount for GF is so low that it still feels like paying rack rate. And it seems that they just set a few rooms aside for the discounted price...I am a little bit unsure whether to book or not, because paying so much $ per night feels like burning money. I never thought that I would even consider spending so much money just for a room.

I have to sleep over that once again

I had booked a king room and package at CBR in August for our February trip. Saved $480 today on SDP offer, so I'm pleased. CM told me that even though I had a room previously reserved, I might have missed out on the offer if I had waited another day or two to call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter