2018 dates for WDW hotels/packages?

hoping this is right....I see a happy dance in my future...lol
It's definitely right - the email that goes out to the travel agents is actually from Disney. I super briefly worked for a travel agency specializing in Disney during a time when I was between jobs, and somehow I'm still on Disney's list, so I got the email too. It's very clear that June 20th is the day!

June 20! I'll be there! :surfweb: I'm already looking into next Christmas :cool1::santa: and what's it's potentially going to cost me. :faint: but it's a 60th B'day :cake: Bucket List item. Since it's almost 2 weeks, it will be a 3-4 resort split stay I'm sure, consisting of a Moderate(s), Deluxe, and DVC reservations.

Last edited:

I just got the OK from dh that we can do F&W again in 2018 :banana:
I have never planned a WDW trip this early and just want to make sure that we can book any date for 2018 right? If you can start on June 20th it isn't going to be booking only until June 2018 right?

I just got the OK from dh that we can do F&W again in 2018 :banana:
I have never planned a WDW trip this early and just want to make sure that we can book any date for 2018 right? If you can start on June 20th it isn't going to be booking only until June 2018 right?

It goes 499 days out.

WHOOP! Thank goodness these prices are coming out soon because I am literally driving myself crazy trying to make plans without the info. I've bounced around between renting a DVC property from a third party and trying to GUESS what 2018 package pricing might be. AND I have been checking airfare pretty much hourly (almost not exaggerating here). I am so ready to have firm plans in place so I can jump to the next fun part of planning our day-to-day activities.

This is the first time that I have decided to book the room dates before the airfare dates and I'm feeling icky about it. It's that cart before the horse thing. Since we're going Saturday to Saturday for President's Day week in February when the kids are off from school, our dates are set. It makes sense for us to wait for the air because the prices are crazy right now and everything I research says that we should never book air more than 180 days out. Actually, it says you should book around 100 days away from travel but there is no way my sanity will hold out if I have to wait that long!

But I suppose we can always cancel the room and get a refund if worse comes to worst.

WHOOP! Thank goodness these prices are coming out soon because I am literally driving myself crazy trying to make plans without the info. I've bounced around between renting a DVC property from a third party and trying to GUESS what 2018 package pricing might be. AND I have been checking airfare pretty much hourly (almost not exaggerating here). I am so ready to have firm plans in place so I can jump to the next fun part of planning our day-to-day activities.

This is the first time that I have decided to book the room dates before the airfare dates and I'm feeling icky about it. It's that cart before the horse thing. Since we're going Saturday to Saturday for President's Day week in February when the kids are off from school, our dates are set. It makes sense for us to wait for the air because the prices are crazy right now and everything I research says that we should never book air more than 180 days out. Actually, it says you should book around 100 days away from travel but there is no way my sanity will hold out if I have to wait that long!

But I suppose we can always cancel the room and get a refund if worse comes to worst.

Which airline are you hoping to take? I always thought prices were cheaper the further you book out lol it's crazy how there are so many different planning tips it makes my head spin haha

Does anyone know if the packages are loaded onto the website at Midnight, or do I need to wait until the phone lines are open? We are from Australia, so trying to work out the time difference and when to book.

I've priced both out, and for February I believe you would be better off renting DVC points, as the discounts are usually less around a holiday weekend.

For us, I was planning on using our DVC points for a 2 bedroom at Kidani for the last two weeks of August for myself, my three teenagers and my sons girlfriend (yes, me alone with 4 teenagers). Since late August always has huge room discounts, I ended up renting out our DVc points and will book a Fort Wilderness cabin instead. If the discounts are similar to this August, I'll save around $3500.

Which airline are you hoping to take? I always thought prices were cheaper the further you book out lol it's crazy how there are so many different planning tips it makes my head spin haha
I'm really not picky. Initially it looked like United had the best prices but now I'm realizing that their "basic economy" fare is a bit of a scam or, at the very least, a way to make it look like they are the cheapest until you decide to be upsold. The basic economy fare doesn't allow you to choose your seat and likely you will be split up from your party. You cannot have a carry on of any size (you cannot store in the overhead bin) and you are the last group to board which means that you are basically steerage - lol. I have traveled solo many times so I would easily choose this option if it were just me. But for my family, I would prefer we all sit near each other, at least especially since the kids haven't flown before. They are 12 and 14 but I think they would prefer to have us near them and not strangers.

I've priced both out, and for February I believe you would be better off renting DVC points, as the discounts are usually less around a holiday weekend.

For us, I was planning on using our DVC points for a 2 bedroom at Kidani for the last two weeks of August for myself, my three teenagers and my sons girlfriend (yes, me alone with 4 teenagers). Since late August always has huge room discounts, I ended up renting out our DVc points and will book a Fort Wilderness cabin instead. If the discounts are similar to this August, I'll save around $3500.
You are most definitely right. Now that we know when the packages will be released, I have asked a travel agent to price out a value, a MOD and deluxe just to get the numbers. With the crazy costs I'm seeing for airfare, we will likely stick to a value. I really like the moderate and deluxe categories but the kids and my husband just don't seem to care and since they haven't been before, they won't know what they're missing :)

Disney has the 2018 calendar up! You can't get much beyond December 31 but it's only a matter of time now! I can't book until Aug but soon I can look!:sail: Is it 499 days from your check-out date? I thought that is what I read somewhere. :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter