• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my DD from school and got to epcot around 3pm, it was pleasantly uncrowded. Picked up our ap magnets at the festival center, walked around all the booths and sampled a lot and had no wait at all ( only about 2 minutes at China), we left around 6:15pm and the crowds were definitely arriving, long lines at the tapstiles and in the parking lot.

I made a spreadsheet of all the things I want to try and where they are located - $277 worth! :scared1:

I have some things I am iffy on but even taking those out is about $180. Yipes!! I have 5 days of snacking tho. Am I nuts?
I'm with you! My list was at $144. I cut it down to $119. Now it's back up to $127. Gonna have to make some decisions, especially since I spent my Disney rewards points on another MNSSHP ticket :)

We went today - felt pretty uncrowded until about 6pm and then suddenly it was wall to wall people. I'll post my photos and reviews of what we ate tomorrow but I think my favorite so far is probably the Frozen Mimosa. Best value for money was the Beef Brisket Poutine. My 2-year old loved the Phosphorescent Phreeze (the tumbler is plastic) but for some reason we only got the blue flavor and none of the sciencey stuff that was supposed to come with it. I thought it was very, very sweet, like drinking cotton candy.

My boys absolutey loved the playground, but it definitely seems to cater more to young children; the older kids I saw in there (about 8 and up) seemed to be bored more quickly.

There were more adults than kids at the Candy Sushi demo and my 5-year old lost interest quickly since he didn't have other kids around him.

Will post more tomorrow but can't wait to go back and try a few more things!

Does anyone know if the Spinach and Artichoke Dip is prepared inside the booth or comes pre packaged?

I totally glazed over the fact that it has chicken in it and I’m extremely disappointed now. Is the chicken mixed with the other ingredients? Or is it layered underneath it? Could it be taken out of the dish?
The chicken is mixed in and couldn’t be taken out. I don’t get the need for putting chicken in it either. I mean, why mess with a classic. There’s not a lot of chicken in it and it didn’t turn me off from the dish. The dip itself is a pretty huge portion, much more dip than chips. Overall I’d say the dip was good.

Had the chimichuri skirt steak from flavors of fire today and loved it. Really great flavor.

The frozen mojitio from Caribbean was perfect on a hot day. Totally hit the spot and got another empanada while there.

Sausage from Ireland were just good. Nothing great.

I didn’t care for the carrot cake from Hops and Barley. Too much like spice cake for my taste, plus I don’t care for raisins, and like a lot of nuts. I know these are my issues, not the dish.

Back tomorrow!

The chicken is mixed in and couldn’t be taken out. I don’t get the need for putting chicken in it either. I mean, why mess with a classic. There’s not a lot of chicken in it and it didn’t turn me off from the dish. The dip itself is a pretty huge portion, much more dip than chips. Overall I’d say the dip was good.

Had the chimichuri skirt steak from flavors of fire today and loved it. Really great flavor.

The frozen mojitio from Caribbean was perfect on a hot day. Totally hit the spot and got another empanada while there.

Sausage from Ireland were just good. Nothing great.

I didn’t care for the carrot cake from Hops and Barley. Too much like spice cake for my taste, plus I don’t care for raisins, and like a lot of nuts. I know these are my issues, not the dish.

Back tomorrow!
The carrot cake has raisins in it?

Any meat is enough meat to turn me off of a dish though. But thank you for reporting back. It’s a shame, I was looking forward to try it.

Does the remy games cost money? Or is it free like the kid cot stuff?

Yes. There is a nominal cost to purchase the map and stickers for the scavenger hunt- under $10 - and then claim your prize, which looks pretty cool this year (a cup). Incidentally, you don’t have to find all or even any to claim your prize. You could claim it immediately after purchasing the map, if you wanted. But if no interest in the prize or map, nothing would stop you from a DIY search, just find Remy in each pavilion - the figures are out in the open in each pavilion.

Does the remy games cost money? Or is it free like the kid cot stuff?

Yes. There is a nominal cost to purchase the map and stickers for the scavenger hunt- under $10 - and then claim your prize, which looks pretty cool this year (a cup). Incidentally, you don’t have to find all or even any to claim your prize. You could claim it immediately after purchasing the map, if you wanted. But if no interest in the prize or map, nothing would stop you from a DIY search, just find Remy in each pavilion - the figures are out in the open in each pavilion.

We did the search and the game costs $6.99 and was a lot of run to do. Your prize is your choice of one of 4 cups which are “lenticular” so have a bit of a 3D effect to them - pretty cool. Honestly, base on Disney pricing I suspect the cups would cost at least $6.99 if not more to just buy one so I thought it was a pretty decent “prize” and the game gave something for the kids to be into (and us as well!)

LOL. I am now totally shocked that this event is full of adults. It looks like an activity my Brownie Girl Scouts would do.
Wow, I’ve been following this thread since we decided to plan a trip for late October, and I can’t help but noticed that you seem really oddly bothered by adults doing this activity! What’s your deal, why so invested? I assume you couldn’t get a slot, or you know someone who couldn’t? Keep trying, things open up.

Hi. This is my first time at WDW and F&W. We are going only one day to Epcot and there are evening MEH so I'm planning to leave at mid day and return in the afternoon around 6.
I have a.scheduled to do rides and booth. Is there any thread regarding planning for Epcot and F&W? I'm not sure if what I'm planning is doable.

This looks like it’s gonna be so much fun for both kids and adults! I feel like I’m gonna fail so hard at making a pretty roll as I have no hand coordination at all, but the potential for laughs is great and I’m gonna have such a good time with my friends and the others around.

To all others big kids in doubt because a Nenative Nancy keeping popping up on this thread, I say keep your reservations and go and have a blast!

If anyone is interested in the few F&W items on the Disney Parks App now is the time to buy! Free shipping, no tax, and if you’re an AP holder you get your 20% too!
Thanks for this information. I think I'm going to gamble this year and wait until the end of the festival. Last year, most of the merchandise was offered on the Disney Parks App at a fairly good discount near the end of the festival. Hopefully that will be true for this year!

There is a wine shop in the Festival Center. Shops in the individual pavilions also may offer bottles for sale. I know France, Italy, and Germany do. Some varying experience as to if they’ll box up and let you walk out with a purchase or only send to a gate. I think generally it’s the latter but I was once allowed to take it when I told them I was heading right out (I was). They will not send to a resort or ship it to a home address.

It's been my experience when purchasing wine at the Festival Center that they will not allow you to take it with you. They will send it to either the front of Epcot or the International Gateway. It usually takes several hours for your wine to make it over to the pick-up point so you need to factor this in when purchasing wine. Also, they will not ship it. I was told one year that the shops at your Disney Resort would ship your wine purchases to your home, however I found out that was not true.

As with anything at Disney, there is a significant markup on the price of the wine. One year I purchased a bottle of wine which was featured at a beverage seminar. I think I paid around $20 to $25 for it. Several weeks after returning home, I was walking through Target and there was the bottle of wine I purchased. It was priced around $14!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter