2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 50+ minutes on hold with DVC this morning I booked Parisian breakfast for 9/22 and Spice Rd. Mediterranean lunch for 9/17. We did both of those events last year, so we know we will have fun but I was hoping for something different. No Italian wine pairing lunches in September. I don't drink beer. I guess I can chat with DH and see if we want to do tequila lunch. No French Family meal for our dates. I am so annoyed with the process that I refuse to book PFTS. We will go have dinner somewhere that night and spend less than $460. Plus, our flight out the next morning is at 7AM so it would be wise not to do a huge event the night before.

The Italian wine pairing (if they run it in September) might be slightly different than October as they are waiting for their annual truffle shipment (not that I'm a truffle fan).

I was getting nervous that mine weren't showing so I linked the number the CM gave me and now they are there. Phew! Interestingly the pending charge on my Disney Visa says "WDW room only res" which is why I was concerned. Maybe this is how DVC had to enter it?

Mine show that way too... didn’t book through DVC (but am DVC)

Is there a discount on the Food and Beverage pairing?

It’s only offered on weekends (Fri - Sun) so I don’t think so. I booked three, one each of the 3 days offered, and was charged $26.63 for each (with tax).

Last edited:
If you want to confirm you have a Food and Wine Pairing, go to your my Disney account and check. It will show
2018 Epcot Food & Wine Festival - Italian Festival Events - Italian Regional Lunches at Tutto Gusto Ristorante - This has wine

You can also check your credit card to see if you have a charge since the Food and Wine events are prepaid.

Has anyone been able to book a Mix it Make it? The 2 CMs I have talked to cant find them

Payment questions:
Can you use more than one gift card? (With a family doing PFTS and some seminars we will be over $1,000)
Can you charge part of it to a Disney Rewards card and charge the rest to a gift card? I have $$ sitting there that I would like to use up now instead of later.

Talk about not knowing plans! I just called today to book a culinary demonstration. The CM was very insistent that the chef was serving fish. We verified the date, time, and name of the chef. While I was on the phone, I checked the website and it said duck. Yet, he still insisted that it said fish on his screen, but promised to report the discrepancy. So I'll just show up and see what I'm served. But it's a darn good thing that I don't have an allergy to fish!

Interesting.. Could all the Mix it Make it event be booked for the week of 9/22-29 already?

I hesitate to refer to past practice as it seems so much is new this year. BUT, in the past they’ve released only a fraction of seats for pre-booking, withholding some for general booking. Maybe worth trying later today/tomorrow with another CM, and definitely worth trying on Thurs (online booking should be available then as well).

I hesitate to refer to past practice as it seems so much is new this year. BUT, in the past they’ve released only a fraction of seats for pre-booking, withholding some for general booking. Maybe worth trying later today/tomorrow with another CM, and definitely worth trying on Thurs (online booking should be available then as well).
Hopefully that is what it is. I thought I had it wheni got disconnected on the second call today.

We wanted to do the Tequila Lunch but it's not offered for our dates (arriving 9/21, leaving 9/26). Would anyone be able to recommend a different lunch experience they've done before & really liked?

We wanted to do the Tequila Lunch but it's not offered for our dates (arriving 9/21, leaving 9/26). Would anyone be able to recommend a different lunch experience they've done before & really liked?
I don't know what is being offered during your trip but if you like wine, the Italian Regional Lunch (or whatever they are calling it this year) at Tutto Gusto is great. This will be our 4th year dojng this event. We also like the Mediterranean Food and Wine pairing at Spice Roads Table but found the seating a bit crowded. Both are more casual vibes similar to the Tequila tasting.

Y'all can't see this big fat grin on my face but it's because Disney Signature Services just called me after my attempts earlier this morning and helped me booked my PFTS and a seminar for the days we're staying club level! I think that must mean club level guests can book during early booking again :ssst:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter