2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called and got our reservations for October.
Italian Regional Food and Wine Pairing - really fun last year.
Mexican Tequila Lunch - just sounds like so much fun. New one for us.
French Family Meal Traditions Lunch. The reviews looked really good and another new one for us.
We wanted to do a few of the beverage seminars, but they just didn't fit well with the lunch schedule.
Looking forward to what should be a lot of fun.

I don't know what is being offered during your trip but if you like wine, the Italian Regional Lunch (or whatever they are calling it this year) at Tutto Gusto is great. This will be our 4th year dojng this event. We also like the Mediterranean Food and Wine pairing at Spice Roads Table but found the seating a bit crowded. Both are more casual vibes similar to the Tequila tasting.
Thanks!!

I don't know what is being offered during your trip but if you like wine, the Italian Regional Lunch (or whatever they are calling it this year) at Tutto Gusto is great. This will be our 4th year dojng this event. We also like the Mediterranean Food and Wine pairing at Spice Roads Table but found the seating a bit crowded. Both are more casual vibes similar to the Tequila tasting.

We did the Mediterranean tasting the last 2 years and loved it! Hard to pass on, but we wanted to try other ones this year.
We also did the Italian one at Tutto Gusto last year and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to it again this year.

I think they are missing dates for the French Family Meal Traditions. Some of us have it booked for Nov. 9 and I have a confirmation in MDE.

I don't think the DFB has a listing from Disney. My impression is they are piecing it together from places like this.

After all expecting Disney to tell you what they are offering is unreasonable? (What's next just send them cash and they figure out what they want you to do?)

I think they are missing dates for the French Family Meal Traditions. Some of us have it booked for Nov. 9 and I have a confirmation in MDE.
I emailed them about this because I have this event booked for Oct. 7. They said they are continuing to update information as it is confirmed. I'm sure it is pretty challenging to confirm!

I am very worried that the CM didn't understand what I wanted but I booked the Italian Regional Lunch and Wine Paring at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar for Sept 12, did they tell you that this lunch was just a lunch and not the wine pairing like they offered last year. We were cancelled because of the Hurricane so we did not get to go and had to cancel the trip. I specifically asked her knowing we could not see it online. Thanks

I called back to book DVC Member events to fill in some holes. The lady I spoke to this time was able to book the Italian lunch I wanted, and she read the description to me - it DOES have wine pairings. The guy this morning told me it didn't start until 9/25 but he must have been looking at the beer one which I did NOT want.

Wait a minute. No wine pairing? What the heck am I paying $100pp for if no wine. The CM and I talked about the names specifically for the two Italian events as I wanted both and only the Italian Food and Wine pairing was offered during my dates, not the Italian Wine vs Beer which she said started on 9/25.

Right, the guy this morning told me one of them started 9/25 so he must have been looking at the beer vs. wine when he told me there was nothing for 9/19. I am almost certain this is the same event we did back in 2014 and it was fabulous.

I was under the impression that general public reservations started on 6/14 but when I searched for culinary seminars it let me get to the point of entering my cc info to book. I didn't go through with it because I wanted to work around whatever fastpasses I get. Maybe the demos are bookable if you do a general search:confused3

I didn't bother getting on the phone early today because I wasn't interested in the events that had been announced, and I figured that if other things were available and I missed out, so be it. This really is unbelievable.

I've been slammed at work and just thought about it around 4:30, and checked this thread. After seeing the updates, I called in (main Dine number), waited about 3 minutes, and spoke to a super helpful CM who found the Italian Regional lunch for me right away, and after a little searching the tequila lunch.

So thanks to all of you who stressed it out today and got confirmation for the rest of us. I'm thankful I got what I wanted without any stress or waiting, but I am also not regretting the fact that I am skipping 2019.

I was under the impression that general public reservations started on 6/14 but when I searched for culinary seminars it let me get to the point of entering my cc info to book. I didn't go through with it because I wanted to work around whatever fastpasses I get. Maybe the demos are bookable if you do a general search:confused3
You are correct about general public reservations starting June 14th.
Today and Wednesday are for AP, DVC and maybe a few other groups.

For the Parisian Breakfast - I see a start time of 9:15 - does this mean that everyone shows up for that one seating or is there a bigger window of arrival than that? We have a PPO Akershus that day that I don't want to give up but if we can rope drop FEA and still have time to make the Parisian Breakfast - that would be ideal.

For the Parisian Breakfast - I see a start time of 9:15 - does this mean that everyone shows up for that one seating or is there a bigger window of arrival than that? We have a PPO Akershus that day that I don't want to give up but if we can rope drop FEA and still have time to make the Parisian Breakfast - that would be ideal.

That is your start time....they aren't staggered from my experience. I dont think I could eat at both places within that time frame! Oh, you mean FP as Frozen ride....got it ;)

Personally I would not try that. This event is just about eating there’s a brief welcome but basically all you do is eat and drink and you have to be out by 11-ish so they can turn the tables for lunch. By the time you walk to the ride, stand in line, Ride , and then walk to France it’s probably going be close to 10 or even later.

What time does the Italian Wine Pairing luncheon start? We have Via Nappoli ADRs for 1:50 PM on our last day and if the times are similar we could just replace that ADR for the event.

Personally I would not try that. This event is just about eating there’s a brief welcome but basically all you do is eat and drink and you have to be out by 11-ish so they can turn the tables for lunch. By the time you walk to the ride, stand in line, Ride , and then walk to France it’s probably going be close to 10 or even later.
Agree with this. Last year we stood in long line to get in at 9am, stood in line with everyone again for the buffet. People ate and cleared out.

Can someone with experience tell me if the hibachi experience is worth it? This will be our first ever f&w. We’ve eaten at Teppan Edo and thought it was just okay; just tasted like normal hibachi.

They used to start right @ 9:00AM but it really meant the rope drop crew wouldn't let you cross the bridge to France until exactly 9:00 which means by the time everyone gets checked in & seated it was at least 9:15-9:30 until most people were in. Some people don't even bother to show up until 9:30 or a little later anyway. It's an all you can eat Cold Buffet with pastries, Danish, Bread, Croissants with jams, some cheeses & Meats, fruits and several Savory tarts & Open faced sandwiches as well as bottomless Mimosas, Hot Chocolat, Juice, Coffee. You might be able to rope drop FEA but you will have to walk the long way around to France afterward. World Showcase is roped off between the edge of Norway & the edge of France until 11:00am so you can't take the shorter way around to get to France.

I called back to book DVC Member events to fill in some holes. The lady I spoke to this time was able to book the Italian lunch I wanted, and she read the description to me - it DOES have wine pairings. The guy this morning told me it didn't start until 9/25 but he must have been looking at the beer one which I did NOT want.

Right, the guy this morning told me one of them started 9/25 so he must have been looking at the beer vs. wine when he told me there was nothing for 9/19. I am almost certain this is the same event we did back in 2014 and it was fabulous.
So good you were able to call back and get the Italian lunch you wanted and that it has wine. Cheers!

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I was able to put together, despite a lack of actual F&W events. I've got:

California Grill brunch
Italian Regional lunch
Eat to the Beat Via Napoli for Plain White Ts
Cake Decorating at Amorette's
Highway in the Sky with Hallowishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter