2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the culinary demos fill anymore? Looking to book a lamb and a lobster one this year and debating if I should get up at 3:45am for those tomorrow or wait to call in and sleep an extra few hours...
Typically, they do not sell out anymore. However if its a demo that you really want to attend, I'd make a reservation. Most of the Food and Wine Festival events are already showing on the dining portion of the WDW website. If anyone is a night owl or is up early, I'd check the website. The last several years, online booking started long before 7:00 am EST. Seems like last year, it was around 3:00 am to 4:00 am EST.

Seems like last year, it was around 3:00 am to 4:00 am EST.

Sorry, this is incorrect info. I went back through the 2017 F&W thread and actually online booking was delayed last year. It wasn't available at 7:00 am EST

Hopefully it will be up and running at 7:00 am this year????

We are hugely disappointed in the lack of signature dinners and the shorter list of deminars. We have been attending F&W for 15 years, and increased from 8 days to 10 days to 12 days to almost 2 weeks as we discovered more special events that we liked, but now we'll be doing a few lunches, a few champagne tastings, and we'll go home after 6-7 days. Whatever the strategy is...it's going to get less of our money...

Well, online let me search and find my event but when I click to book - nothing happen. o_O

I was able to book a demo this morning online with no trouble. Apparently you don’t get the discount when booking online (which seems silly when AP and DVC status is in my account) but it’s worth $2 to me not to sit on hold or talk to a person to book it. Doesn’t look like descriptions of the other events are out, other than the park blogs post, which the average guest probably hasn’t seen.

I was able to book the Demo I was after with Alex Guarnaschelli about an hour and a half early online, but the Parisian Breakfast is still nowhere to be seen. I called right at 7am EST and was in a 30 minute queue already, so I'm just waiting.

I just wish Disney would be consistent. I live on the West coast and while I may be a late night person, that doesn't usually mean this late! It's 4:21am and I just want to sleep, but I need that breakfast! :)

I called last night around 8:45 and finally got through. 8 min wait time. Not bad compared to the 90 min wait time earlier in the AM on Tues and Wed

The hold wasn't near as bad as I feared! I got through and will be attending the November 10th Parisian Breakfast. I tried to convince my brother to go for the french lunch in Monsieur Paul instead, but no luck on that. Maybe next time! At least I'll console myself with croissants, mimosas, and cheese.

Good luck to everyone else making bookings today!

We are hugely disappointed in the lack of signature dinners and the shorter list of deminars. We have been attending F&W for 15 years, and increased from 8 days to 10 days to 12 days to almost 2 weeks as we discovered more special events that we liked, but now we'll be doing a few lunches, a few champagne tastings, and we'll go home after 6-7 days. Whatever the strategy is...it's going to get less of our money...

I used to go for a week and often for more than one visit during the festival. Last year I was rather disappointed with the booths and overall event so I only booked for 4 days this year. And that looks like it will be more than enough. I kept my BCV points just for Food/Wine. They are selling at an all time high and the festival is getting disappointing. May be time to consider my options with these points.

I wonder if it isn't as bad because people are annoyed...

Or because there's just nothing to book. During my stay which I had to plan months ago for DVC there was only one small event I wanted to do.

Does anyone have a link to where we can book the Parisian Breakfast online? Either Disney has it hidden really really well or I'm being totally computer illiterate this morning.

Does anyone have a link to where we can book the Parisian Breakfast online? Either Disney has it hidden really really well or I'm being totally computer illiterate this morning.

I do not believe you can book this online.

Planning a trip late August. So happy they have extended Food & Wine and Mickey’s Halloween Party into this time frame so we can attend them both during this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter