2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone actually carry food trays around during the food and wine event? its not the worst idea i kind of like it lol. i just want some sort of fold up one with a cup holder lol

They sell smaller ones with a drink spot thats what i use i have one for each year we've been there

does anyone actually carry food trays around during the food and wine event? its not the worst idea i kind of like it lol. i just want some sort of fold up one with a cup holder lol

I sometimes use the smaller one they sell during the festival (think they were ~$7-8) - depending on the crowds. It’s small enough that I can stick it in my tote bag and it can be a lifesaver when there isn’t a table (or trash can) in sight. It is also helpful in just taking the food and drink from the counter, getting utensils, and transporting to a table. In past years people have reported getting similar, non-branded ones in local wine shops for even cheaper and bringing those. I don’t know that they’re necessary, plenty manage without them, but I find them useful enough it outweighs the small inconvenience of adding to my bag. A fold up one would be great!

You will see a few people with them. They actually sell a one at some of the gift shops.

I moved around our schedule a bit so now hubby and I are attending the French Family Meal Traditions on Oct 7th. We've never done this one and thinking we will actually go to France later in 2019. I'm excited!

Excited for the F&W Fest :)

Everyone is different, but we simply enjoy the food booths. Spent the first two days of the festival eating lunch dinner and everything in between at the booths… Tried every single booth at least one item and some booths two items.

Ate way too much food and spent $400? I think...btw, this was just food as we don’t drink alcohol.

Anyway I’ll be back again for the first two days, hoping to use a lot of my free dining snack credits… We have 56 between us and hoping to save them all for the food and wine :-)

Looking for some insight in regards to the Disney Dining Plan and the food and wine festival. We have been doing the food and wine for the past 3-4 years but never did DDP. Does anyone know if you can use both the snack and or quick service meals? If a quick service credit is allowed, can I order multiple items? ie: 1 food item and drink. Thanks !

Looking for some insight in regards to the Disney Dining Plan and the food and wine festival. We have been doing the food and wine for the past 3-4 years but never did DDP. Does anyone know if you can use both the snack and or quick service meals? If a quick service credit is allowed, can I order multiple items? ie: 1 food item and drink. Thanks !
The food booth items are snack credits. This makes things like the filet from Canada a great use of a snack credit.

You can convert a quick service to three snack credits at one booth (so if there’s three things you want from one place, it may make sense depending on your other plans over the trip). Alcoholic drinks do not count as snack credits, however, so you’d be sacrificing your “alcohol entitlement” that comes with a quick service credit by doing so.

It can still be a great choice to have the dining plan during festivals. We had free dining during food and wine last year. There were three of us there for nearly two weeks. We used most of our snack credits at the booths and we still ended up converting a couple quick service credits to things like getting a lobster roll a piece when we didn’t feel like sharing. This was before alcoholic drinks were included, though, so the theoretical value of a quick service credit is a bit higher now.

The food booth items are snack credits. This makes things like the filet from Canada a great use of a snack credit.

You can convert a quick service to three snack credits at one booth (so if there’s three things you want from one place, it may make sense depending on your other plans over the trip). Alcoholic drinks do not count as snack credits, however, so you’d be sacrificing your “alcohol entitlement” that comes with a quick service credit by doing so.

It can still be a great choice to have the dining plan during festivals. We had free dining during food and wine last year. There were three of us there for nearly two weeks. We used most of our snack credits at the booths and we still ended up converting a couple quick service credits to things like getting a lobster roll a piece when we didn’t feel like sharing. This was before alcoholic drinks were included, though, so the theoretical value of a quick service credit is a bit higher now.
Thanks so much that really helps. Exactly what I needed. And those lobster rolls are awesome.

This is a long thread and wasn't able to read the whole thing but I didn't notice it on the band listing but Oct 13th and 14th showed Smash Mouth. I thought I got it off the Disney site but when I went to look right now and it says someone ate the page. I am hoping it was right because I would like to see a band from my area while I am there.

This is a long thread and wasn't able to read the whole thing but I didn't notice it on the band listing but Oct 13th and 14th showed Smash Mouth. I thought I got it off the Disney site but when I went to look right now and it says someone ate the page. I am hoping it was right because I would like to see a band from my area while I am there.
Yes, this is correct. The listing of the Eat to the Beat concert schedule is located on page 1 of this thread, post #4.

Would love to hear about Savor, Sip and Sparkle, especially about what food is served. I was able to get a 9:15 on Sunday night. We have a 12:50 brunch ADR at California Grill earlier that day. At least the hours are spaced that we could be hungry again.

Between brunch and Highway two days later, adding this may be overkill so I’d love to learn more. Decisions, decisions.

I personally think it would be a bit much. Part of the price that you are paying is to be able see the fireworks from California grill. However, since you are eating brunch the same day, you can already do that with your brunch receipt. I read the review referenced by the PP and it was more positive than the one that Josh @ easywdw wrote. He did not have very many good words for it, if I remember correctly. A hidden gem for us is the bar at The Wave, no reservation needed. You can get the full restaurant menu or they have a separate bar menu with lighter fare. Plus some of the most friendly bartenders on property. Then you can head upstairs and watch the fireworks.

Well, the signature dining events are finally on the regular disneyworld.com site under dining, instead of just the blog post.

Dis, at beer vs wine you do get refills, sometimes you have to get the server's attention but we have done this event every year and have had pretty much every glass refilled (maybe because I have a big mouth). The refill rate is definitely beerter than the Italy wine lunch.

For people who want to book a lunch based upon refill factor go with the Frunch or Beer vs Wine. You will get plenty!

I certainly agree that the servers are extremely generous with refills at the French Family Meal Traditions; however, we have had similar generous refills at the Italian Regional Wine lunches as well. The servers are not bashful about refills, but sometimes you need to get the attention of one of the managers to let them know not to be strangers with the refills. Once you do that, the servers are there watching out and topping you off almost magically!

All of these events sound like so much fun, but DH isn't into it. We're already doing lots of "extras" on this trip so can't say I blame him. Although I did make a strong case for the PFTS....he thought it was too much.
I'm hoping the food booth offerings will come out soon though. Am I remembering correctly that last year they came out in July?

I've never had to book a dining package to get in to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I'll probably go to several of their sets and I am sure I won't need a dining package.

I'm guessing there will be wristbands for annual passholders. But maybe not. and I can usually get a better seat than those set aside for the passholders.

So they sell little ones, which I like as a souvenir, but they're not actually practical. You can fit a drink and maybe 2 food items on it, but you still have to set it down to eat anything that requires cutting or a fork. While I think they're cute I don't bother buying them or bringing mine in any more. What would help is more standing tables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter