2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it still will save you money ;)
Yup. We will be spending a lot less time at the booths this year. I have two weeks in an offsite villa booked. Did this many months ago in anticipation of the festival. We do have three special events booked and will make a trip around the booths a few times but I think we will also spend so e time exploring things off property. Maybe even a drive to the beach. I just can't spend $16 for a glass of sparkling wine in a plastic flute :)

Yup. We will be spending a lot less time at the booths this year. I have two weeks in an offsite villa booked. Did this many months ago in anticipation of the festival. We do have three special events booked and will make a trip around the booths a few times but I think we will also spend so e time exploring things off property. Maybe even a drive to the beach. I just can't spend $16 for a glass of sparkling wine in a plastic flute :)
And here I was considering buying a $32 glass of Dom Perignon as I would never buy a whole bottle of it lol

And here I was considering buying a $32 glass of Dom Perignon as I would never buy a whole bottle of it lol
I've purchased the dom before in a glass.

Sometimes STK has glasses of dom if you want to try it in flute.

Any advice on planning a weekend trip to food and wine fest in Sept?

We've been to F&W the past 2 years on our family trips, and have spent a good amount of time there during the weekdays - and the lines at the booths have always been very short. This year we are thinking of taking a weekend trip with friends just for f&w in addition to our family trip.

How are the booth lines comparable on weekends as opposed to weeknights? Any weekends to avoid? Any weekends better than others? I know it'll be very hot, and scattered storms - and we're ok with that.

We would plan on staying at the swan and dolphin.

Any advice on planning a weekend trip to food and wine fest in Sept?

We've been to F&W the past 2 years on our family trips, and have spent a good amount of time there during the weekdays - and the lines at the booths have always been very short. This year we are thinking of taking a weekend trip with friends just for f&w in addition to our family trip.

How are the booth lines comparable on weekends as opposed to weeknights? Any weekends to avoid? Any weekends better than others? I know it'll be very hot, and scattered storms - and we're ok with that.

We would plan on staying at the swan and dolphin.

I don't know any other way to put it other than the weekend crowds are INSANE! Realistically though, crowd-wise things start to get heavy into Friday evening and do lighten up into Sunday later in the afternoon. If you want to check things out on Saturday or Sunday, your best bet is to hit the kiosks right after they open (around 11AM ?) til ~ 1PM. Sunday may be a bit better than Saturday, but I cannot stress how crazy crowds on Saturdays can get in the World Showcase. Unless I have specific F&W event booked, I avoid the weekends.

I don't know any other way to put it other than the weekend crowds are INSANE! Realistically though, crowd-wise things start to get heavy into Friday evening and do lighten up into Sunday later in the afternoon. If you want to check things out on Saturday or Sunday, your best bet is to hit the kiosks right after they open (around 11AM ?) til ~ 1PM. Sunday may be a bit better than Saturday, but I cannot stress how crazy crowds on Saturdays can get in the World Showcase. Unless I have specific F&W event booked, I avoid the weekends.

Thank you - that's kind of what I was thinking. I was just looking at dates for work, and the eat to beat and really for us checking in on a Saturday and out on a Tuesday may work best. So hopefully the Sunday evening wouldn't be too bad and we'd only have 1 night of misery (or to avoid).

Thank you - that's kind of what I was thinking. I was just looking at dates for work, and the eat to beat and really for us checking in on a Saturday and out on a Tuesday may work best. So hopefully the Sunday evening wouldn't be too bad and we'd only have 1 night of misery (or to avoid).
We were there during the final week last year and the week was fine, Fri was all fun and games until about 1pm and then we could not get out of that crush of drunk people fast enough. Japan to France was wall to wall people, we had to split up to get out to the International Gateway exit as we were getting shoved apart anyway. It went to “insanity” fast. (My mom almost got clobbered by drunk bridesmaids completely incompetently hoisting the bride in the air!) I was SO happy to leave.

I was very lucky. A good friend received a bottle of 2002 as a gift and shared it with me & my husband. Amazing. Good friend! Actually we have been friends since we were 12. Won’t say how long :)

We were there during the final week last year and the week was fine, Fri was all fun and games until about 1pm and then we could not get out of that crush of drunk people fast enough. Japan to France was wall to wall people, we had to split up to get out to the International Gateway exit as we were getting shoved apart anyway. It went to “insanity” fast. (My mom almost got clobbered by drunk bridesmaids completely incompetently hoisting the bride in the air!) I was SO happy to leave.
Oh man that doesn't sound fun to me at all. We have a whole Wednesday dedicated to Epcot and F&W, but I was hoping to stop by again on Friday night. We may be rethinking that.

I just added two more days to my trip so I will be there until Oct 20th now but it seems like it better to skip Epcot on those days so I guess I won't want to go there on Friday.

We've signed up for a Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It with a mixologist for this year's trip. Anyone do one last year with a mixologist? Just wondering what to expect. I'm sure we're going to have fun, regardless, but if I can get more specifics, I always appreciate that!

That’s going to be us this year. We’re on a cruise till the 9th of November (a Friday), then driving up to Disney that day for the last weekend of Food and Wine since we’ll already be in Florida. Doing Saturday and Monday at Epcot, as we have a Cali Grill Brunch Sunday so a Park day then doesn’t make sense.

Hahaha...It’s going to be a mess. Hopefully we have better luck than you did!

That’s going to be us this year. We’re on a cruise till the 9th of November (a Friday), then driving up to Disney that day for the last weekend of Food and Wine since we’ll already be in Florida. Doing Saturday and Monday at Epcot, as we have a Cali Grill Brunch Sunday so a Park day then doesn’t make sense.

Hahaha...It’s going to be a mess. Hopefully we have better luck than you did!
People who know what they’re in for fair better. I’d convinced myself stuff didn’t get crazy until Fri night so was unprepared despite all the stories one reads! Definitely make sure to hit up your top items on Sat, we found a couple things had run out a bit after the booths opened Mon. (Moet Rose -lol, that’s not running out this year without sampler tabs. And the dessert from Greece I also recall running out.)

I am planning to do the Parisian breakfast on Saturday 9/22 and walk around a little afterwards but plan to leave by 3 at the latest so am hoping the crowds will just be starting by the time I leave

You can totally still do it on a Saturday, I agree with PP who said to hit them first thing. Be in Epcot before they open the World Showcase & leave around 1 or whenever it starts to get super busy. It's not fun to be standing in the 95 degree sun for 30 minutes to buy beef stew.

My wife shot down the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic. Not enough vegetarian options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter