• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to book FPs definitely be up for that when the window opens. I booked ADRs for that week when my window opened and my 2nd window opened for Veterans weekend a few days later (resort hopping) and actually my ADRs during the week were a bit harder to get, suspect we're looking at a very full park (that and I haven't found much of any Epcot resort availability, I've been considering changing our beach club res but at this point I'm grateful I got even that earlier this year!)

So far so good on ADRs, but I'm not trying for anything that is usually difficult anyway. Crowd calendars have it around a 5 or 6 so fingers crossed. My last trip was Spring Break (Easter Week) so it HAS to be better than that !

I saw on another board that on either Tuesday or Wednesday someone booked wine view lounge at a PFTS

Wow WVL used to sell out before booking was made available to the public

Interesting. I wonder if they finally found the point where less offerings and higher prices resulted in lower bookings this year?

I saw on another board that on either Tuesday or Wednesday someone booked wine view lounge at a PFTS

I booked PFTS a few weeks ago and just assumed wine view was full based on previous years, and so didn’t bother calling and just booked regular reserved seating online. Guess I should have called!

Hi! DH and I are planning our 1st trip to F&W this October (no kids - which is exciting because we have 5 of them). We are Disney veterans with 15+ trips under our belts. Our focus will be on the kiosks although we might add one or two of the low cost seminars. We will have 4 park days - Thursday to Sunday. I was thinking we would do all day Thursday at Epcot. On Friday-Sunday, we would plan to arrive at Epcot at about 10:30 am, enjoy the kiosks and walking around the WS until about 2:30 or 3:00 and then hop to another park for supper, fastpasses, and evening entertainment. Does that sound like a good plan? I know it will be busy all of the time, but I want to minimize our time standing in lines. Thanks!

Hi! DH and I are planning our 1st trip to F&W this October (no kids - which is exciting because we have 5 of them). We are Disney veterans with 15+ trips under our belts. Our focus will be on the kiosks although we might add one or two of the low cost seminars. We will have 4 park days - Thursday to Sunday. I was thinking we would do all day Thursday at Epcot. On Friday-Sunday, we would plan to arrive at Epcot at about 10:30 am, enjoy the kiosks and walking around the WS until about 2:30 or 3:00 and then hop to another park for supper, fastpasses, and evening entertainment. Does that sound like a good plan? I know it will be busy all of the time, but I want to minimize our time standing in lines. Thanks!
That sounds like a great way to avoid all the locals who swarm the park on the weekends. Plus the lines are so much shorter if you hit them right when they open for the day.

Sounds great! DH and I are heading down in October for a long weekend with no kids too. Last year DH and I and our 15 year old twin girls did the long weekend and found that if you hit the booths at opening you won’t have a problem with the crowds. I do plan on staying far away from Epcot at night even with it only being DH and I. I’m not interested in fighting the crowds. Enjoy!

It does sound good but as you plan your Friday, keep in mind MK will be closing early for MNSSHP

I wonder how the sales for PFTS are going

I attended PFTS for the first time last year and did Wine View Lounge. I enjoyed it but it didn’t live up to expectations and $$$ -disorganized check-in, hidden special “premium” bar, significantly reduced - ~5 min?- advantage. I am very willing to give it another try. But for my dates, the Oct 20th event has maybe half the number of chefs listed as it does for other dates (“more to be announced”) and all seem to be from Disney- with quite a few pastry chefs and I’m more a savory person. If it weren’t for the missteps last year, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt but it’s a lot of $$ to gamble, knowing they fumbled last year. Anyone else eyeing the 10/20 party?

Last edited:
It seems every year, Disney becomes more disorganized on the F&W Festival than the previous year. I recall last year being bad, but with booking becoming available before the bookable items were listed, and still no Global Kitchen menus, Disney has upped the disorganized factor significantly this year.

I'm going opening day but I don't really care what the menus are. Would be interesting to see them, but not essential.

I've been to PFTS every year since 2001. Didn't sign up this year. I can do a lot around the parks with $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter