2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
All caught up and WOW!! I have to admit I was not so secretly hoping the sampler was go to sneak back in but at least they didn’t bring it back and then exclude all champagne like they used to before last year.

As far as the price raise on the Veuve Champagne- not really. Last year the Veuve was Brut, this year it is the Rose. My TotalWine has Veuve Brut ~$40 but the Veuve Rose ~$60. I’m not saying I’m happy about it but you cannot compare last year’s Veuve price to this year’s as they are entirely different wines.

FYI to anyone missing the Veuve Clicquot Brut... the wine store in France still has it by the glass for $13. Just had a glass yesterday! They also have a Clicquot demi-sec but I didn't notice the price on that.

FYI to anyone missing the Veuve Clicquot Brut... the wine store in France still has it by the glass for $13. Just had a glass yesterday! They also have a Clicquot demi-sec but I didn't notice the price on that.
Uh-oh. Now I’m in trouble! I haven’t checked that place out yet but it just jumped towards the top of my list :)

Thank you to everyone who has posted photos, reviews & experiences. We aren't going to make it there until the last weekend, so I am very grateful to all who are taking one for the team by enjoying themselves before we can! ;)

I saw someone with a resort tray today and it looked awkward to carry. We’re on our way back to the room but the lines weren’t bad. I’m sure once 5pm rolls around the locals will be out.

We brought a $2 square plastic dinner plate from Target with us last year. Worked like a charm and was small enough to slip in our string backpack.

Are the Remy gift cards free? I can't find an answer anywhere to this question. I really want one, but Dh thinks you have to pay for them along with loading them with money. Anyone know?

I apologize if this has been posted/answered, but I've not been able to find any information on whether the tasting sampler will be offered this year.
I bought one in 2016, and would love to buy one again!
Thanks in advance :)

Are the Remy gift cards free? I can't find an answer anywhere to this question. I really want one, but Dh thinks you have to pay for them along with loading them with money. Anyone know?
There is no fee associated with activating the gift cards. They just want you to activate it with a minimum balance of $15. I usually get one of each design when I go. I can't choose between the different cute designs because I want them all. They are a cute souvenir. You give them $15 to activate the card & then you go spend that $15 at the booths or wherever you want. I spend way more than that at the booths anyway.

I apologize if this has been posted/answered, but I've not been able to find any information on whether the tasting sampler will be offered this year.
I bought one in 2016, and would love to buy one again!
Thanks in advance :)
It's been reported by attendees that there is not a Tasting Sampler package this year. Guess they weren't happy with the guests maximizing the value of their purchases by using them on the way overpriced puny drinks they sell at the booths.

There is no fee associated with activating the gift cards. They just want you to activate it with a minimum balance of $15. I usually get one of each design when I go. I can't choose between the different cute designs because I want them all. They are a cute souvenir. You give them $15 to activate the card & then you go spend that $15 at the booths or wherever you want. I spend way more than that at the booths anyway.
Thank you! I love all three of them, too! I'm not sure Dh would actually wear one of them since it looks like a bracelet, but who knows. I have a spreadsheet going and we would easily spend $15x3 lol.

Thank you! I love all three of them, too! I'm not sure Dh would actually wear one of them since it looks like a bracelet, but who knows. I have a spreadsheet going and we would easily spend $15x3 lol.
One trip to the Canada Booth or even Ireland and a few others & one of those cards would be all used up. I even had a strategy for the $200 LE Gift card with lanyard last year. I bought and paid for the LE card. I then immediately purchased two of the Tasting Samplers with that gift card. Spent the rest at the booths on food & used the sampler coupons on the pricey drinks. I think I'm going to miss those tasting samplers this year but I'll still get the LE Gift card anyway. Whatever doesn't get spent at the booths will be used elsewhere.

One trip to the Canada Booth or even Ireland and a few others & one of those cards would be all used up. I even had a strategy for the $200 LE Gift card with lanyard last year. I bought and paid for the LE card. I then immediately purchased two of the Tasting Samplers with that gift card. Spent the rest at the booths on food & used the sampler coupons on the pricey drinks. I think I'm going to miss those tasting samplers this year but I'll still get the LE Gift card anyway. Whatever doesn't get spent at the booths will be used elsewhere.
I don't drink alcohol so that definitely helps in my spending budget lol. Dh does drink alcohol, but I don't think he will drink too much at Disney. He usually doesn't when we are there and waits until we get back home since it's cheaper. I want to try the Phosphorescent Phreeze at the Light Lab! That looks good and it comes with the beaker which is cool!

I don't drink alcohol so that definitely helps in my spending budget lol. Dh does drink alcohol, but I don't think he will drink too much at Disney. He usually doesn't when we are there and waits until we get back home since it's cheaper. I want to try the Phosphorescent Phreeze at the Light Lab! That looks good and it comes with the beaker which is cool!
I hope they have plenty of those beakers because I want one too. I read that the drink is very sweet though. I like that they are starting to give some cool drinking vessels with some of the drinks. Hope they still have the one at Ireland for the Bailey's Guinness shake too. I got the Light up champagne glass with the Blue Sparkling Wine for EPCOT's 35 anniversary last year.

I hope they have plenty of those beakers because I want one too. I read that the drink is very sweet though. I like that they are starting to give some cool drinking vessels with some of the drinks. Hope they still have the one at Ireland for the Bailey's Guinness shake too. I got the Light up champagne glass with the Blue Sparkling Wine for EPCOT's 35 anniversary last year.
We won’t be there until the end of October so hopefully they still have beakers left. I would think they would but who knows.

Hi all! This year will be my first visit to F&W! We only have 1 day at Epcot, but we are excited to see this festival.

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but how hard is the Remy scavenger hunt? Are the clues hidden in/around/on the booths or are they within the actual countries? I have an almost 3 year old and I think he’d have fun with this, but I don’t want to do it if it’s too difficult.

Hi all! This year will be my first visit to F&W! We only have 1 day at Epcot, but we are excited to see this festival.

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but how hard is the Remy scavenger hunt? Are the clues hidden in/around/on the booths or are they within the actual countries? I have an almost 3 year old and I think he’d have fun with this, but I don’t want to do it if it’s too difficult.
You will be looking for statues of Remy holding different ingredients, hidden around the pavilions. You just place the corresponding sticker on your map.

Some of them are harder to find than others but it's definitely something that a 3yo could participate in.

They will give you the prize (a pin) whether you finish the map or not, so if it turns out to be something you're not interested in completing, it shouldn't be a waste.

You will be looking for statues of Remy holding different ingredients, hidden around the pavilions. You just place the corresponding sticker on your map.

Some of them are harder to find than others but it's definitely something that a 3yo could participate in.

They will give you the prize (a pin) whether you finish the map or not, so if it turns out to be something you're not interested in completing, it shouldn't be a waste.

The prize this year is actually a cup (better than a pin, in my opinion). The post linked below shows you the map and stickers as well as the cups available as a prize (you choose one). There are also several youtube videos that show people hunting for the Remy statues. For the most part, I think the statues are "hidden" along the main walkways and not really back in the pavilions themselves like they can be during other festivals. I think your son would have fun with it! And if you are "stuck" cast members will give you hints on where to look. And as the above poster said, you do not have to complete the hunt and prove you've found every Remy in order to claim your prize. You can claim it any time after purchasing the map -- you don't even have to find a single one. They will give you back the map with a stamp indicating it has been redeemed for prize if you wanted to continue the hunt or keep the map as a souvenir. Have fun!

https://chipandco.com/remys-ratatou...rns-for-2018-epcot-food-wine-festival-319325/

This year they upped the minimum for the LE gift card to $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter