2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of an odd question, I was thinking of bringing portable silverware with us to F & W. I really dislike all the silverware dispensors especially as I see people licking their fingers and then using the handles to dispense a fork. I have a stainless set in a carrying case but I'm thinking the standard size knife in the set is probably going to be stopped in the bag check. I also have a set that is plastic and about the size that Disney uses. Does anyone else bring anything from home??? What do the dis gurus think will fly without a hassle?

They actually even sold a silverware set one year: https://www.bing.com/images/search?...608004755629543043&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Kind of an odd question, I was thinking of bringing portable silverware with us to F & W. I really dislike all the silverware dispensors especially as I see people licking their fingers and then using the handles to dispense a fork. I have a stainless set in a carrying case but I'm thinking the standard size knife in the set is probably going to be stopped in the bag check. I also have a set that is plastic and about the size that Disney uses. Does anyone else bring anything from home??? What do the dis gurus think will fly without a hassle?
Ok, so you really grossed me out thinking about people licking their fingers!! :crazy2:
I always put some flatware in my checked baggage! Comes in handy at the resort instead of those plastic forks!
I remember this set!!! Actually had it in my hands to purchase that year...... then changed my mind. Wish I had bought it!!!!

I actually bought that set and am planning to bring it with me this year. I forgot about it the last couple of years. I often see kids playing with the levers on those utensil dispensers with utensils going all over the place!

AP cutting board question -

I read on another post that you need to register at the festival center on your first entry into epcot then enter three more times to receive the AP cutting board.

Is there truly a registration step? If so does anyone know if it can be done later in the evening? My first entry will be in the evening. Visit four would be Friday. Hoping to be able to get my board before the weekend as we have no plans to be in epcot on that weekend.

So hoping there are cutting boards left in mid October!!!

Yes, that is correct that you have to enter Epcot 4 times to receive the cutting board, but there is not really a registration process. We did not have to do anything to officially 'register.' On our first day at Epcot we went right to the Festival Center. They took a look at our AP and drivers license and gave us the passholder magnet. The process was super fast. We went to Epcot the next two days (one of those days we just walked in through the turnstiles and turned right around and left.) Then on day 4 we went back Epcot, went to the Festival Center, showed our AP and drivers license and received the cutting boards.

Anyone have any more food reviews, or, even better, drink reviews? Always curious to see what others like and dislike. Plus, most sites review food only and my list of alcohol to get at F&W is seriously inflating my budget.

Anyone have any more food reviews, or, even better, drink reviews? Always curious to see what others like and dislike. Plus, most sites review food only and my list of alcohol to get at F&W is seriously inflating my budget.
My trip report in my signature has the start of my booths. I’ll have more probably tomorrow or Sunday depending on life.

Going through what I had for drinks I would say:

- ay Carumba in Mexico (a Smokey margarita) was pretty good and decent size compared to some other options
- Mango Lassi with Creme liqueur from India booth was one of my favorite dr Now we tried
- Belgium beer flight was worth it - thought the AbT 12 was the standout
- enjoyed the RGB flight at the light lab - the blueberry was a bit sweet in my opinion and the sour cherry was the best of the bunch
- I got beer flight 2 at the craf beer location at the festival center - the lemongrass saison was the winner
- the fire and ice drink at Joffrey’s was pretty tasty - definitely recommend getting the extra shot of fireball
- the Guinness baileys shake was really tasty and decent size (though paying for the souvenir cup)
- the Bleu Spectrum at the Light Lab was not very good - ton of boba balls in it though

Hope that helps

- ay Carumba in Mexico (a Smokey margarita) was pretty good and decent size compared to some other options
- Mango Lassi with Creme liqueur from India booth was one of my favorite dr Now we tried
- enjoyed the RGB flight at the light lab - the blueberry was a bit sweet in my opinion and the sour cherry was the best of the bunch
- I got beer flight 2 at the craf beer location at the festival center - the lemongrass saison was the winner
- the fire and ice drink at Joffrey’s was pretty tasty - definitely recommend getting the extra shot of fireball
- the Guinness baileys shake was really tasty and decent size (though paying for the souvenir cup)
- the Bleu Spectrum at the Light Lab was not very good - ton of boba balls in it though

Hope that helps

Dumb question, but I've never had Fireball. Is it like cinnamon schnapps?

Hope that helps

Did you find the margarita quite sweet? Every year I have tried a drink from the Mexico booth and every year I pour it out after one sip, I just find them cloyingly sweet (I should learn, I know, but when tequila or mezcal is involved I apparently lose all sense).

Did you find the margarita quite sweet? Every year I have tried a drink from the Mexico booth and every year I pour it out after one sip, I just find them cloyingly sweet (I should learn, I know, but when tequila or mezcal is involved I apparently lose all sense).

This one wasn’t that sweet - definitely got some of the Smokey notes to help balance it

My trip report in my signature has the start of my booths. I’ll have more probably tomorrow or Sunday depending on life.

Thanks, I started watching!

Hope that helps

Thanks - the Ay Caramba was on my list, I love smoky margaritas. For Belgium, I think I'm just getting the Abt 12 and skipping the flight.

I wasn't impressed with any of the alcohol, we hardly got anything. Our food favs were Thailand (chicken with peanut sauce and curry beef), Belgium (beer braised beef), Japan (Teriyaki chicken bun) and Refreshment port beef brisket poutine fries. We also got the beer flight at Belgium which we enjoyed. The coffee drink from there was good but not worth the price imo.

Just wanted to report that ap Minnie and figment glasses are well stocked at all locations! Picked mine up this am. We shall see if they inforce the 2 per style rule they have posted.

Lucky! I'm so sad we weren't able to get the minnie one =(

I wasn't impressed with any of the alcohol, we hardly got anything. Our food favs were Thailand (chicken with peanut sauce and curry beef), Belgium (beer braised beef), Japan (Teriyaki chicken bun) and Refreshment port beef brisket poutine fries. We also got the beer flight at Belgium which we enjoyed. The coffee drink from there was good but not worth the price imo.

Thanks! I think I'm just going to have to eyeball everything and make up my mind on-site. It's all well and good to come up with a list, but who knows what I'll actually want when I'm there.

Thanks! I think I'm just going to have to eyeball everything and make up my mind on-site. It's all well and good to come up with a list, but who knows what I'll actually want when I'm there.

Yes, we made a list too but ended up not trying any of the soups because it was 90+ degrees out. Also India was a hit, Islands booth with the empanada and Active eats loaded mac 'n cheese. Italy's rigatoni was good but not worth the price. Hawaii has a good pork slider, not spicy at all. Hops & Barley slider was also really good. Those are what stood out to me. We also don't eat seafood and I am not a huge sweets person so I thought the selections were more limited this year than last year. Also, seemed like a lot of beef everywhere. Would've liked to see more chicken options and veggie options on the menus.

There is a nitrogen truffle at the chocolate studio but the lines were always outrageous so we never got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter