• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, someone can review the Baklava at Morocco! I missed out on that one! The Kefta pocket there was good as well. The hummus fries you can get at AK, kind of silly.

Thanks - the Ay Caramba was on my list, I love smoky margaritas. For Belgium, I think I'm just getting the Abt 12 and skipping the flight.

the Abt 12 is a bit more expensive than other beers by the glass but was glad to see it was included in the flight and the flight was still the same $9 as other options

Not saying it is worth it if all you want is the Abt 12 but I was glad to see they didn't leave it out of the flight or increase the cost of the flight

Hopefully, someone can review the Baklava at Morocco! I missed out on that one! The Kefta pocket there was good as well. The hummus fries you can get at AK, kind of silly.

Yeah...I had the fries and they were decent. I didn't know you can get them at AK. But, there is a local Moroccan restaurant we just tried for the first time and was spectacular (near Disney Springs).

Yeah...I had the fries and they were decent. I didn't know you can get them at AK. But, there is a local Moroccan restaurant we just tried for the first time and was spectacular (near Disney Springs).

Yes it’s at the Mr. Kamal’s kiosk

Going through what I had for drinks I would say:

- ay Carumba in Mexico (a Smokey margarita) was pretty good and decent size compared to some other options
- Mango Lassi with Creme liqueur from India booth was one of my favorite dr Now we tried
- Belgium beer flight was worth it - thought the AbT 12 was the standout
- enjoyed the RGB flight at the light lab - the blueberry was a bit sweet in my opinion and the sour cherry was the best of the bunch
- I got beer flight 2 at the craf beer location at the festival center - the lemongrass saison was the winner
- the fire and ice drink at Joffrey’s was pretty tasty - definitely recommend getting the extra shot of fireball
- the Guinness baileys shake was really tasty and decent size (though paying for the souvenir cup)
- the Bleu Spectrum at the Light Lab was not very good - ton of boba balls in it though

Hope that helps

I wasn't impressed with any of the alcohol, we hardly got anything. Our food favs were Thailand (chicken with peanut sauce and curry beef), Belgium (beer braised beef), Japan (Teriyaki chicken bun) and Refreshment port beef brisket poutine fries. We also got the beer flight at Belgium which we enjoyed. The coffee drink from there was good but not worth the price imo.

Yes, we made a list too but ended up not trying any of the soups because it was 90+ degrees out. Also India was a hit, Islands booth with the empanada and Active eats loaded mac 'n cheese. Italy's rigatoni was good but not worth the price. Hawaii has a good pork slider, not spicy at all. Hops & Barley slider was also really good. Those are what stood out to me. We also don't eat seafood and I am not a huge sweets person so I thought the selections were more limited this year than last year. Also, seemed like a lot of beef everywhere. Would've liked to see more chicken options and veggie options on the menus.

There is a nitrogen truffle at the chocolate studio but the lines were always outrageous so we never got it.

Added these to my spreadsheet!

the Abt 12 is a bit more expensive than other beers by the glass but was glad to see it was included in the flight and the flight was still the same $9 as other options

Not saying it is worth it if all you want is the Abt 12 but I was glad to see they didn't leave it out of the flight or increase the cost of the flight

The St Bernie Wit is excellent also, world class.

Just got back from a 3 day visit - we did the Eat to the Beat dining at the Liberty Inn in the America Pavilion, ate the fried shrimp and the cobb salad - both were surprisingingly good and fresh, $30 each. Gave us seating under the covered area of the pavilion - worth it to avoid the passing showers later in the day. We ate lunch there and had our choice of concert times.
We also tried a few things over the days:
The Light Lab - InfraRed - very sweet, DD enjoyed the process and the look of the place
Coastal Eats - The Lump Crab Cake - Not lump, not tasty, easily one of the worst things we've ever eaten at any festival we've been to! Avoid!
The Chocolate Studio - Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with warm whiskey caramel - So very good, wonderful mix of flavors, fun to eat.
The Cheese Studio - The Cheese Trio - Our favorites were the Smoked Salmon and the Strawberry Macaron, I'm looking forward to re-creating these myself.
The Wine and Dine Studio - Seared Scallops - Perfectly cooked scallops, loved the puree, not so much the mushrooms and brussel sprouts.
Mexico - Coconut rice pudding with mango coulis - so very yummy, not overly sweet, tasty and fresh.
China - Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun - Perfection, nice size, bao bun was fresh, plenty of duck and sauce.
Hops and Barley - New England Lobster Roll - Loaded with lobster!!! Really, really good. - New Brunswick Slider - another stand out, plenty of brisket cooked perfectly.
Morocco - Chocolate Baklava - Nice size, excellent, plenty of almonds and chocolate sauce.
Belgium - Beer-braised beef - loved this, the mashed potatoes were really good too.
France - Croissant aux Escargots - Very fresh, 3 snails inside warm croissant, nicely seasoned with garlic and butter.
Our favorite -- Ireland -- Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip - we ate this 2 days in a row, the first day they only gave us 2 pieces of bread, we still had dip left so they gave us 2 more.The second day they were giving out 3 pieces of bread and we asked for an additional 3, that was perfect. So, so good!!! Guinness Baileys Shake - creamy and yummy. I ended up adding some milk to it about half way through to make it last a bit longer.

Apologize if I missed this - I looked in the first several posts - has anyone posted a PDF of the actual 2018 Passport. I remember in years past I downloaded one before I went and it make planning much easier

AP cutting board question -

I read on another post that you need to register at the festival center on your first entry into epcot then enter three more times to receive the AP cutting board.

Is there truly a registration step? If so does anyone know if it can be done later in the evening? My first entry will be in the evening. Visit four would be Friday. Hoping to be able to get my board before the weekend as we have no plans to be in epcot on that weekend.

So hoping there are cutting boards left in mid October!!!

No worries. You only need to enter the Epcot gates to count as a visit. We went to Festival Center for cutting board after our 4th visit to Epcot. It was around 6:30pm on Tuesday night and it was a very short line to pick up cutting board and magnet.

Does anyone know if the cronut with gelato can be bought with a snack credit? I know the cronut can, but I haven’t seen if the cronut and gelato would count for 1 snack credit as well.

Does anyone know if the cronut with gelato can be bought with a snack credit? I know the cronut can, but I haven’t seen if the cronut and gelato would count for 1 snack credit as well.
No. DFB has picture of the booth menus and the menu only has the Cronut as a snack credit

No. DFB has picture of the booth menus and the menu only has the Cronut as a snack credit

I saw that, but then on the DFB test track page, it has the snack credit logo by the add on gelato. I was hoping someone might have first hand experience to confirm if it would be one credit or two.

I saw that, but then on the DFB test track page, it has the snack credit logo by the add on gelato. I was hoping someone might have first hand experience to confirm if it would be one credit or two.
My guess then would be 2 snack credits

Has anyone seen this years cookbook and know the price of it? I have watched so many videos and read reviews but not seeing this.
$29.99.

I only saw the cookbook at festival center. I didn’t get it while at festival center, then changed my mind on buying it and couldn’t find it as I was Canada to Italy and was far to sweaty to walk back over to festival center.

$29.99.

I only saw the cookbook at festival center. I didn’t get it while at festival center, then changed my mind on buying it and couldn’t find it as I was Canada to Italy and was far to sweaty to walk back over to festival center.

Thanks you're the first person to say anything about it. I can't find a blog with a picture of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter