2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I can still modify my room to a room that's gone at the resort I'm currently booked at. So something for sure is going on.

There are still standard rooms available at the All Stars for my dates (currently booked at Sports) but none at Pop.

I know that FD dropped at 5:30am in 2017 but time did FD droop in previous years? I want to evaluate what time I should get up tomorrow. I think 3am PST may be too late.

In 2016, my youngest son was an infant, so I happened to be up for his last “nighttime feeding” lol, When he first got up about 3:30 AM here on the East Coast, there was nothing, but when I put him back to bed and tried to get back to bed myself about 4:20 AM the offer had appeared! And there was no sleep for mom, but free dining for vacation!

I wouldn't read much into unavailable rooms showing on Disney website. For our week in November it shows no availability for any rooms of any kind at POP. I highly doubt the entire resort is 100% sold out. My guess is they've closed off reservations for some rooms pending release of free dining.

Any advice? We LOVE the dining plan but i have a picky husband. I wonder if i make a reservation with the dining plan and don't add him in the booking so that it would only be my 5 year old and 10 year old and myself that get dining. We already have tickets and hubbs already has his. Could this work? Feels odd making a reservation without him! lol! Almost feels "bad"!

Any advice? We LOVE the dining plan but i have a picky husband. I wonder if i make a reservation with the dining plan and don't add him in the booking so that it would only be my 5 year old and 10 year old and myself that get dining. We already have tickets and hubbs already has his. Could this work? Feels odd making a reservation without him! lol! Almost feels "bad"!
If you already have tickets, you won't qualify for free dining though. Are you talking about just paying for a dining plan?

If you already have tickets, you won't qualify for free dining though. Are you talking about just paying for a dining plan?

Yeah! Sorry i should have been clearer! lol. I meant just paying for the dining plan! I have been considering that or saving the tickets we have and doing a FD package. Have to number crunch soon and see.

Yeah! Sorry i should have been clearer! lol. I meant just paying for the dining plan! I have been considering that or saving the tickets we have and doing a FD package. Have to number crunch soon and see.
I believe if he's staying in the room he has to be on the reservation. I could be wrong however.

Im so excitited for the realease and Im still holding out hope for tonight/tomorrow for the drop. Fingers crossed everyone that this time tomorrow we will all be booked with FD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter