2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Any advice? We LOVE the dining plan but i have a picky husband. I wonder if i make a reservation with the dining plan and don't add him in the booking so that it would only be my 5 year old and 10 year old and myself that get dining. We already have tickets and hubbs already has his. Could this work? Feels odd making a reservation without him! lol! Almost feels "bad"!

You can only add on dining to packages with tickets. So if I'm understanding you right, you can't get the free dining... or any dining package.

Just curious if anyone thinks it’s still staying up tonight in case it drops. Thoughts??

You can only add on dining to packages with tickets. So if I'm understanding you right, you can't get the free dining... or any dining package.
I called on Thursday to see because i thought they same, they said i could just call and have them add dining to my room only reservation. Not sure if it's because we have tickets or what! lol.

You can add dining to a room only reservation but you need to call to have it done.

I called on Thursday to see because i thought they same, they said i could just call and have them add dining to my room only reservation. Not sure if it's because we have tickets or what! lol.

You can add dining to a room only reservation but if you want free dining you will need to add the minimum ticket required and everyone in the room has to have the same plan (tickets and dining plan)

oh my,....i have Monday off for appointments so i was hoping that fd would be released Monday....i think i will still not sleep well and check throughout the night...but if not it could lead to a very tired me on tuesday as i would be doing the same-only having to work on tuesday.

I'm just upset that my modify reservation button isn't working :( It takes me right back to the "my reservations" page. Looks like I will have to go the make new reservation and cancel the old one if it's a better price than the promo we have currently.

On an aside, if I do book a second package and cancel the first, will they apply any payments from the original to the new one? Obviously I would need to make the initial $200 deposit when booking, but I have paid $1000 total on the current package. Will they just refund or can they apply it to the new one if I call?

Are DVC members excluded from free dining? I’m not one....asking for a friend who is. She didn’t think she was allowed to get free dining but thought I’d double check. She has an August trip already booked.

They aren't excluded, but they can't do a DVC reservation and request free dining. The free dining offer must pay rack rate for rooms and purchase the required ticket. DVC wouldn't be paying rack rate for their room.

I am finding the same thing. Many of the rooms that were available right along at Pop (especially standard rooms) are no longer available. And what are still available have gone up by 30 - 50 dollars per quote.
I had a one night stay at Pop in my cart last night. This morning it was gone. :-(

I'm just upset that my modify reservation button isn't working :( It takes me right back to the "my reservations" page. Looks like I will have to go the make new reservation and cancel the old one if it's a better price than the promo we have currently.

On an aside, if I do book a second package and cancel the first, will they apply any payments from the original to the new one? Obviously I would need to make the initial $200 deposit when booking, but I have paid $1000 total on the current package. Will they just refund or can they apply it to the new one if I call?

last time we booked and i had multiple reservations(3 to be honest) 2 of the rooms/resi we kept and the 3rd one we had to cancel(Son was unable to get time off ) i then called in and the could either refund the amount or transfer it to one of the other 2 reservations that we had.

You can add dining to a room only reservation but you need to call to have it done.

You can add dining to a room only reservation but if you want free dining you will need to add the minimum ticket required and everyone in the room has to have the same plan (tickets and dining plan)
Yup! I was considering saving my tickets we already have and doing a package to get FD, or doing a RO discount and paying OOP for dining. Still have to play with numbers. :)

last time we booked and i had multiple reservations(3 to be honest) 2 of the rooms/resi we kept and the 3rd one we had to cancel(Son was unable to get time off ) i then called in and the could either refund the amount or transfer it to one of the other 2 reservations that we had.

Thanks for the info. I just figured it'd be easier than dealing with the refund going to the CC then paying again.

Ugh I am so hoping that the standard rooms all disappearing this afternoon as not a sign of them not appearing in the offer. I know they were available earlier for my dates as I checked on pricing for my parents since they told us they would want to join us if we can snag the deal.

I can't remember this happening before in previous years. I hope my gut is wrong, but I have been having a bad feeling about us not getting what we want for free dining this year. I have even told my husband that it may not be in the cards this year. Every year availability goes down, but I think this time it may be scarce.

Wait... I thought you could "modify" an exstant reservation/booking
You can modify an existing reservation but to qualify for free dining the tickets need to be part of the reservation. In this case, if they already have the tickets and they aren’t part of the reservation they would need to pay out of pocket for dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter