• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Good Morning, Everyone!!

I haven't followed this thread much because I'm not planning a trip for this year and unfortunately, I'm not seeing my classmates from 2016 here either. (Some real Disney "in the know" folks). So, I'm just going to put a couple of things out there.

I'm hearing a release of 4/24 but have no complete concrete evidence of that. Those aforementioned folks, knew. They knew and it was exciting!!

Anyway, in 2016, I logged onto my computer at 12:01 am the date that I was hearing it would be released. I waited, and I refreshed, and I waited. At approximately 3:00 am EST, it dropped. Clear as anything on their website! FREE DINING. Yay!! So, I got what I wanted and I stuck around on the boards throughout that day. Post after post of people waiting to call in and not getting through, not getting what they wanted. It was tough to watch so I went to sleep for a few hours and was thankful for what I had gotten.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or I can help in any way. Everyone should have a chance at FD and you need to know how to get it, these days, to get it!!

Good luck everyone~~

I am so afraid I won't get it because I stayed missed sleep last night for it, I can't do it another day in a row. I have a day job! :-(
I really need it if I don't want to have to count Every penny the whole time we are there.
<sigh>

I'm going to keep checking until 7... wouldn't we be surprised if it all opened, online and phones, at the same time? Can't imagine it would- you know the infamous Disney IT- but if it does, I'll be on it.

I think tomorrow morning is our best bet. Gotta find a couple of hours this afternoon for a nap!!

ETA I wrote this about 6:25am EDT today. Not sure why it didn't post earlier...

Can anyone on here confirm that they have been able to use their tickets early? This happened to us last year and we were told we MIGHT be able to get someone to activate our park tickets the day before our package started but that they wouldn't guarantee it - said we'd have to go to the concierge. We were at Yacht club so just ended up doing a pool day and not dealing with it but would possibly have to do this again THIS year and really need the extra park day during our room only this time......
We did this last year with no issue. Also, if you buy insurance, it starts 7 days before your package to cover travel. So it covers the non-package stay as well.

I’m booked at WL, and they had standard rooms and club level available. Now there are no rooms available and the price went up for what they are quoting per night. Also, I was looking at other resorts as backups, and Saratoga springs went from $800 to $952 a night!!
Can someone confirm this? Multiple people have said their rates went up, but I thought once Disney released its rack rates for the year they were fixed??? Until of course, the next year when they go up again.

I'm going to keep checking until 7... wouldn't we be surprised if it all opened, online and phones, at the same time? Can't imagine it would- you know the infamous Disney IT- but if it does, I'll be on it.

I think tomorrow morning is our best bet. Gotta find a couple of hours this afternoon for a nap!!

ETA I wrote this about 6:25am EDT today. Not sure why it didn't post earlier...

I need a nap too! Holy Moly, the stress!

So my back up of OKW is still in place, but I sure do hope BC is on the FD list. My girls really want to stay there, almost as much as I do!

We did this last year with no issue. Also, if you buy insurance, it starts 7 days before your package to cover travel. So it covers the non-package stay as well.
Disney changed their insurance company in 2018 so they may want to double check what the new rules are. I would think they are the same but not something I would gamble with, I don't have a trip booked yet but following this thread to see when we can fit one in so I haven't asked about the insurance this year.

Disney changed their insurance company in 2018 so they may want to double check what the new rules are. I would think they are the same but not something I would gamble with, I don't have a trip booked yet but following this thread to see when we can fit one in so I haven't asked about the insurance this year.
Oh yea, you’re right. I haven’t added insurance yet and had forgotten about that. Good point!

we're currently booked on a bounce back offer with free dining for Coronado Springs last week of August. For the same price we can book Key West since we wouldn't have to pay the difference in dining (or a preferred room)

I was just looking at that, too. We are booked on a bounce back from last November ... doesn't include free dining, but the deal was good for Port Orleans Riverside. After all the upgrades I would have to do (PHoppers and DDP) I will be looking for a Standard at Animal Kingdom Lodge for roughly the same price as simply adding DDP to my existing reservation. But, I also just priced out Old Key West and I would save quite a bit on money, PLUS get free dining.

Any idea if POR might be included in the first set of dates (Aug - Sept)? That is our favorite but we will do CSR if it's not. Just trying to get my plan together.

I was just looking at that, too. We are booked on a bounce back from last November ... doesn't include free dining, but the deal was good for Port Orleans Riverside. After all the upgrades I would have to do (PHoppers and DDP) I will be looking for a Standard at Animal Kingdom Lodge for roughly the same price as simply adding DDP to my existing reservation. But, I also just priced out Old Key West and I would save quite a bit on money, PLUS get free dining.

OKW was our best proce as well, a 2 bdrm even more so than two rooms at the BC, and all that space! It looks lovely, so I will book it if possible if the BC is not offering FD.

last year we went to a deluxe because it was cheaper than staying at a moderate and paying the difference. We LOVED Animal Kingdom Lodge.

There are 4 in my party but I'm paying for a preferred room at CSR, plus the $650 difference in dining. We're breaking even pretty much with going to a deluxe but getting a better hotel for the same price (and no construction)

last year we went to a deluxe because it was cheaper than staying at a moderate and paying the difference. We LOVED Animal Kingdom Lodge.

How many people were in your party? Just wondering bc when I run numbers for our family of 4 (3 adult, 1 Child), CSR is still about $600 less than AKL, even after we upgrade to DDP. Just wondering if I was looking at something wrong. Any advice appreciated!

Can someone confirm this? Multiple people have said their rates went up, but I thought once Disney released its rack rates for the year they were fixed??? Until of course, the next year when they go up again.
rates went up can mean anything.. are people comparing apples to apples? I did just check my package I priced out 2 weeks ago and my rate is the same as today. And I started my pricing with a standard room, no discount and added the park tixs.. Maybe people priced out standard and now only othe views are available? Or they didnt add the extra adult ( believe it's 25 per extra adult over 2 if over 18 )

How many people were in your party? Just wondering bc when I run numbers for our family of 4 (3 adult, 1 Child), CSR is still about $600 less than AKL, even after we upgrade to DDP. Just wondering if I was looking at something wrong. Any advice appreciated!

2 adults and 2 kids but both the kids are considered adult 17 and 13. What are your dates?

Quick question. Didn’t there used to be a separate number for Disney Visa card holders to call for reservations?
the number on my e-mail from last April is (407) 939-7648. I think you could also click on the link to book on line which was new, they used to make everyone call to prove they had the Disney Visa card.

Depends on the view.. would be interensting to see what she booked.. Generally a mod is still a lot cheaper when paying the upgrade even for 4 adults. , where you MAY get close is maybe at POR a royal preferred room is 292 plus upgrade a night for 400 rack you WL has a room just under. But generally the standard moderate rack rate is about 222-240ish... add the 100 lets say 340... No delux rack is that low.

When I checked again this morning, it went back to normal. So weird!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter