• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

So IF there was going to be a Disney Visa offer, would that be listed on the Disney Visa site, or on the Disneyworld site to be able to book it?

~D
Chase usually sends e-mails but later in the day. Past years you had to call to book the Disney Visa offer, last year the e-mail had an on line link to use and a code to mention if you called. last year I got the e-mail from Chase at 11:37AM on drop day. Subject was

Disney Rewards: A delicious offer from Walt Disney World® Resort

Most likely you would hear first, someone will call and ask about the Visa offer.

I know I seen this question answered but I can’t find it so forgive me . If I need to drop one day from my reservation will I be able to do that?

This year we're booked at a preferred at CSR total is 4983. OKW same dates 4913. AKL 4933 the difference isn't just in the view, its in paying the difference for the dining for us it's 4 adults 7 nights.

Wow! I've never seen that in all of my figuring. CSR has always come out way cheaperc even with the dining upgrade cost. I must be doing something wrong.:confused3

there might be a RO discount for November, last year later Fall RO discounts came out in July so might be awhile
I'm not sure if that deal would be as good as FD though. And I definitely want dining. I guess I could run the numbers but in May I would need to book a flight and do my ADR's so, July might be too late. Ill look at the past discounts and see what percentage RO offer discounts were. Its worth a try. Thanks!

Wow! I've never seen that in all of my figuring. CSR has always come out way cheaperc even with the dining upgrade cost. I must be doing something wrong.:confused3

what are your dates, how many tickets, ages of kids? That will change things too

we're currently booked on a bounce back offer with free dining for Coronado Springs last week of August. For the same price we can book Key West since we wouldn't have to pay the difference in dining (or a preferred room)

I was just looking at that, too. We are booked on a bounce back from last November ... doesn't include free dining, but the deal was good for Port Orleans Riverside. After all the upgrades I would have to do (PHoppers and DDP) I will be looking for a Standard at Animal Kingdom Lodge for roughly the same price as simply adding DDP to my existing reservation. But, I also just priced out Old Key West and I would save quite a bit on money, PLUS get free dining.

Don't forget to calculate ticket price increases and parking fees if you're driving.

I know I seen this question answered but I can’t find it so forgive me . If I need to drop one day from my reservation will I be able to do that?

Do you mean before or after you grab FD promo? If you're talking about dropping a day AFTER you've secured FD, there could be a problem, but not always.

Chase usually sends e-mails but later in the day. Past years you had to call to book the Disney Visa offer, last year the e-mail had an on line link to use and a code to mention if you called. last year I got the e-mail from Chase at 11:37AM on drop day. Subject was

Disney Rewards: A delicious offer from Walt Disney World® Resort

Most likely you would hear first, someone will call and ask about the Visa offer.
This site has been so helpful and I thank everyone!!! Just wanted to clarify for last year they sent the email later in the morning? Would most of the FD for the earlier dates have been booked do you think?

This year we're booked at a preferred at CSR total is 4983. OKW same dates 4913. AKL 4933 the difference isn't just in the view, its in paying the difference for the dining for us it's 4 adults 7 nights.

I think it really is just because you booked preferred at CSR. We've run numbers for both CSR and AKL to compare. Four adults, 6 nights. CSR standard is $4129. AKL standard is $4574. I think once you bump up to preferred at CSR that makes a big difference.

Quick question. Didn’t there used to be a separate number for Disney Visa card holders to call for reservations?
I don't remember a different # but in the past there has been a separate offer for Disney Visa holders. I don't remember if there is a different page on the special offers page to click on (maybe someone can remember better than I can), but when you get to the package page and if you look across the top at the different offers, there is a separate one for Disney Visa holders. I had heard that the availability given to Disney Visa holders vs the general public are different. Not knowing if this was accurate info so I asked my TA and she said that this is correct and there is different availability for DV holder vs GP.

I think it really is just because you booked preferred at CSR. We've run numbers for both CSR and AKL to compare. Four adults, 6 nights. CSR standard is $4129. AKL standard is $4574. I think once you bump up to preferred at CSR that makes a big difference.
Are you adding in the price to upgrade the dining plan from QSDP to DDP for the whole family to that CSR amount? That’s usually what brings it up to the same amount as AKL

The only other thing I can say at the moment is that values and moderates will get free quick service and deluxe will get the free regular DDP. I'm waiting for resort confirmation.

I will say that I'm 100% sure tomorrow is the drop day so get to bed early this evening. The dates I gave earlier this morning are for the general public release.

Hopefully I'll have more info later today.

Are you adding in the price to upgrade the dining plan from QSDP to DDP for the whole family to that CSR amount? That’s usually what brings it up to the same amount as AKL

Yep, adding $91.96 per day (for four adults) X 6 days = $551.76. That's what I'm adding to the total on the website.

Nope, don't think you're doing anything wrong if you're using a standard room at CSR to calculate.

ETA: Upgrading from standard room to preferred is about $70 per night. That would bring it up to about the same as AKL.

The only other thing I can say at the moment is that values and moderates will get free quick service and deluxe will get the free regular DDP. I'm waiting for resort confirmation.

I will say that I'm 100% sure tomorrow is the drop day so get to bed early this evening. The dates I gave earlier this morning are for the general public release.

Hopefully I'll have more info later today.

Any idea when we may know what resorts are excluded? We are booked in a suite at AofA and considering switching to CBR for our Nov/Dec trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter