2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?
Mine went up 1100 dollars. I had a room only deal added before and had to add Park Hoppers. I think it is still worth it because there are 6 of us going to Disney with free dining.

So do the RO discounts only apply if you don't have tickets and dining booked? I'm probably going to remove dining anyway, but right now we have CR booked with hoppers and I'll be keeping that, so if a RO discount comes out, it won't work? I don't want to re-book because I don't want to pay for parking, although depending on the amount of the discount I guess that would still be a savings.

I had a reservation for Pop Century that I set up back in November 2017 for a Standard room with 2-day hoppers (we are actually Annual Passholders so tickets were not that important). I had modified the reservation last week to change it to a Preferred room with 4-day park hopper plus (as at that time it was rumored that might be required). I was able to book free dining this morning at 5am when it came out and was even able to move back to a Standard room and change the 4-day tickets to just hoppers. The only increase in the package was due to the bump from 2-day hoppers to 4-day hoppers and we will just use those next year when we renew our Annual Passes so it's still a great deal.

Hope you all get what you want and have a great vacation!

I got through on-line about 5:30 and made a reservation but have not received the confirmation e-mail yet and the $200 reservation charge has not shown up on the card yet so I am a little nervous. I cannot get into my account to confirm as when I go to the Disney World Resort website I only get an advertisement page and any links go either back to that page or to Stitch eating the page. Hopefully I really did get through and it just taking time to process. Is anyone else experiencing that?

I usually wake up at 4:45 to go to work so I got up at 4:00 to see if it came out. Of course it came out while I was in the shower, but it worked out. I was able to book while taking the train in to the city. I got two rooms at PoP but I could not get the preferred. My only choice was standard.
I was there right as it dropped and couldn't get anything but standard. I had preffered pool but it kept timing out at checkout and every preffered room sold out as i fought to get my ressie confirmed. Not happy about standard, but at least I got POP. ASSports was a no-go for my family.

ive been calling since 7am. i cant get through even to be put on hold on line i just get stitch I was up both night waiting for disney visa info. Im exhausted and so frustrated.

If the price stayed the same wouldn't that mean it didn't work?

It should stay the same IF you didn't already have dining on your package, and added FD. I had 6 day park hopper package without dining, so when I added FD, my price remained the same.

OH HAPPY DANCE! I FINALLY got a room only discount! I was able to make the switch at about 4:30 this morning for the RO discount. I got everything switched and it saved us about $600.00 for our stay! However, now I look and the passholder discount is even better and it includes CL rooms. So I tried modifying it online again, and it tells me I have to call to make the change. So I'm on hold for the 2 HOUR WAIT! Ugh! And that was calling in at 6:01am. AND IT'S STILL a 2 HOUR WAIT! Holy Crap Batman!

~D
What passholder discount? I didn’t see one how much off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter