2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Thanks, I was wondering also.
ETA. Not sure what happened to the quote, about canceling a reservation

So I got the button to update my current reservation to Free Dining and now it says this:
  • Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.
This is so unbelievable.

So frustrated - finally get to special offers page, and now getting a message saying online bookings can’t be made at this time when comparing offers.

Reactions: MAF
I got up at 5:03 and was done modifying at 5:06!! I feel very fortunate I was able to keep my Standard room at Pop.

I also had the glitch where I clicked free dining but it didn't actually apply the promo. After trying again, it worked and I confirmed my modification. Got a confirmation email a minute later.

This was my first time trying to get free dining so I expected to have a lot more glitches and wasn't expecting availability for a standard room. Thanks again for the tips shared here! Doing my happy dance! :flower1: I hope everyone else got what they wanted/picks up a reservation later if you weren't able to this morning.

Well, you're not really calling Disney. I have a cousin who is a dining guest services phone CM and she lives in NC and works from home. Not sure how the calls are routed, but that tells me loads of why it doesn't always work well.

BUT in the past, as long as your check-IN date is within the dining promo, you get length of stay even if your stay goes beyond the dates. Some phone CMs are saying that is no longer the case, but the website is still allowing the length of stay.

Im actually talking about the DRC where you make your resort reservations.. I use to work there and I know that's all local in Orlando.

WOW, so I was lied to about booking ahead of time. :worried:

I just tried to book a new one and the button is grayed out once you try to book. Sad.

Well, not necessarily. Perhaps there were never any rooms for your dates. We'll never know.

Keep trying today and for the next week or so. Things might open up especially once the TA's 3-day holds expire.

I’m so excited!!!!! 4 reservation modified in 10 minutes with no price change. Absolutely incredible! Thanks for the info & entertainment these past few days. Looks like I’m now hooked on Disboards.

Caught up in the "fun" with the rest of you, but the same dates, same room category, etc. will cost me $400 more with free dining than my BB RO. Looked at mods, but upgrading the dining plan doesn't look to save enough to make me want to give up my deluxe. However, it's now 4.5 hrs past the drop and it looks like there's still some pretty good availability. So, don't give up!

Congratulations to all who played and won this year!

I have two rooms on separate reservations at Pop since we have five in our family. I had already booked with 6 day hoppers and no dining. After modifying to the FD offer, both reservations increased by like $70. I'm happy, but wonder where that number comes from? Still stoked about FD!
First time posting btw, but I've been reading this site forever. Glad to know there are a lot more Nervous Nellies like me. Thanks, Erik
If you made the reservation before the ticket prices went up then it is probably because of the new ticket price. When you modify a package you have to pay the current ticket price, not what it was when you first booked (if there is a difference).

I finally got on-line. I was holding a studio at old key west for 4,086. I changed the offer to the dining and the price went up to 4,800. Nothing else changed.

Don't know how old your kids are, but the kids eat free discount is out there for your dates along with several others. Keep trying the website and book something with a discount.
Thanks! No my babies are in high school. Only a few more years of Disney Magic before college! . We used to travel in the fall with the FD package but now they have pre school commitments. (Show Choir camp, sports, etc.).

When I went back to my cart to try again I got this:

Important Notice
The item(s) in your cart were removed as they are no longer available.
  • The Resort room you selected is no longer available. Since you must have a Resort room in order to have other items in your offer, these other item(s) (tickets and dining) were also removed from the offer.
    Another room type at the same Resort may be available. Or you can select another Resort. Check Availability

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter