2018 HHN

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
Hi

I have been to Universal many times but never during HHN. This year a conference I am attending is in Orlando so I thought about checking it out one evening. It would be early October and on a week night.

Do they have HHN on a weeknight and if so will it be terribly crowded? I don't want to waste my money if I can't see much. Also - are any rides open?

The calendar hasn't been releasde yet but last year, in early October, HHN was open Wed-Sun nights. Typically, the weekday nights are less crowded than the weekends.

Several rides will be open. In the past, they have opened: Rip Ride Rocket, Transformers, Mummy, Gringott's, Men in Black, and Simpsons.

Macraven makes sure the HHN sticky’s get up and running on the boards. She knows everything and anything about HHN. She makes sure everyone’s questions about HHN get answered correctly.

The official HHN sticky will be started on the boards here by Keishashadow as information begins to come out.

Might want to look at last years official HHN sticky. It will help you with any questions you might have until the Offical 2018 HHN sticky is started.

As previous poster noted it runs Wednesday-Sunday nights. October is a very busy time for HHN. Even weeknights.

It is a separate ticketed event and if you have only one night you might want to think about getting a Express Pass so you will be able to do all the houses.

One other possibility would be to take a RIP Tour.

Last edited:
The past two years I have done the first Wednesday night in October for hhn

It will be one of the lightest dates of the season crowd wise

I buy the season pass that includes all dates except Saturday plus ep per night ( combo ticket)

Last year I did all the houses with ep, scares zones and was done at 10:30
pm

I did start the houses at 6:30 and was in a holding area inside the park

House opening times are staggered until the official opening time

Those in the parks in a holding area can get a head start if one of the houses does an early open

Only draw back of doing a house at 6:15-25 is it’s not completely dark outside yet

If you do a house walk thru while still a bit light outside, you have a different experience than if you did the house when it is completely dark outside

You can do more in less time going to hhn on a Wednesday
It’s a work day followed by another work day in the week

This helps going on Wednesday to have less crowds at hhn

With Columbus Day being on October 5th, I would expect that first Wednesday still be a decent night to so hhn

Thank you. I will keep watching the boards as info gets released. I have been wanting to do this for awhile so maybe this will be the year!

Rumor has it dates for this year are September 14th through November 3rd. I've already booked opening weekend.

Yeah, the park hours shift on 9/14 (USF closes at 9PM on the 13th, then 5PM on the 14th), so it looks like that will be the first night.

And why no HHN on Saturday, September 22nd?! :sad1: That really messes up my plans because we were going to fly in on the Friday and do MNSSHP on Sunday, so now I need to rethink.

Probably a private event, they usually are held on a Saturday

Wait, I
don't see it blocked out...

The complete set up is not up yet.
They will get the rest set up in time.

All we officially have now are the dates and some packages.

Ap info and tours will come out later

Nevermind, I got my info from the wdwinfo page which is wrong. It only lists the dates that are available for the 2-for-1 ticket offer. There is HHN on the 22nd, just the ticket offer is not valid on Saturdays.

If I were going alone with only one night for HHN and wanted to get the most from the evening, I would do a RIP tour. I really felt it was worth the money when I only had one night.

How much are the RIP Tours?

There are public and private tours.
I already called VIP Tours and was told info on the tours bookings would be released in June.
Last year I booked a private tour and they opened it up for bookings just after mid June.

Check out last years thread about the prices.
This year expect a bit more than last years prices.
They usually increase a bit each year or hold close to same amount

What are Sunday nights like?

We went on a Sunday last October and thought it was not that crowded. It was our 1st time ever going, and we did do the RIP tour. We were already at Disney for the week, so I called two days prior and booked the RIP tour. BEST money spent. We had two kids with us and they loved it too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter