2018 Princess Half Marathon

Thanks! It's fun to see familiar "faces" here again :) I needed a break from all things Princess, but I'm looking forward to a Princess-Light return lol!

Yay! Welcome back!

I really don't know anymore... was a time when an anniversary year would mean an almost instant sellout, but overall demand has gone back to more normal levels lately. The fact that the half didn't sell out in early reg (yet) makes me think it could hang around a while.

I don't know either. It's an anniversary year and there were so many pre-sales, yet you're right. It hasn't been selling out as quickly. I have no clue about this year's registration. I just wouldn't assume it won't if you've got your heart set on it.

Don't let this scare you! I was just throwing a number out there! Some of the races in the past have sold out in minutes, I don't know what the turnout will be for this one. I took this to just be a game of guess the time.;)

Yes, of course! I think my post sounded a little more desperate than I meant it to :) My sister said this all reminds her of the Big Bang Theory episode where they're trying to get tickets for Comic con :goodvibes

Yes, of course! I think my post sounded a little more desperate than I meant it to :) My sister said this all reminds her of the Big Bang Theory episode where they're trying to get tickets for Comic con :goodvibes

I haven't seen that one! I'll have to find it.

Has anyone signed up through charity sponsors?
What are the special ticket/room discounts they talk about?
How hard is it to raise the money?

I'm asking in this thread because this is the race I'm interested in and the charity seems to have a higher requirement compared to other charities listed on other races.

Thank you! :flower3:

Just like pixie dust challenge is still being sold by some TAs. Saw an offer today for the challenge for $230. Sure do wish I could go that weekend (to get the pink ribbon and be done with that urge) but I've got rehearsal for something else.

I wish I could go too! Next year!

In 2019 I'll turn 60. I'm going for the Kessel Run that year!

Last edited:

Haha! It's always a challenge!

The Dark Side half never sold out as far as I know. I heard they were selling bibs at a discount at the expo for the current race. I'm thinking the half will be open for a long while, just my opinion though.

The Dark side half did not sell out but it was not discounted. You could register online last chance but it still Cost: $185 plus a $12 late registration fee. They had the last chance table you had to go to to get your stuff and they were taking weekend of registrations at that spot and that also included regular price plus the $12 late fee. I asked someone who registered there.

Hi all! My friend and I are planning to register for the half marathon, and we are so excited since this is our first RunDisney race! We are both in school, so we are looking to keep the costs reasonable while also having a fun weekend. It seems that staying on-site at a value resort would allow for transportation convenience at a fairly reasonable price, but we were also looking at off-site options to see how much cheaper that might be. Any thoughts from people who have attended a race weekend in the past on what the best lodging options are (either on or off site) when considering both convenience and cost? We want to keep costs as low as possible but also don't want to have to worry too much about transportation, particularly on the morning of the race. Any other money-saving tips anybody has for the weekend from past experiences?

I'm going for pink c2c 2018, too!

I'm going the opposite this time. I got my pink coast to coast the first year they offered it (I think). This year I'm hoping to get the original blue version with Light Side. (Although I absolutely adored my Tink experience the timing doesn't work for me now).

Good luck to you both!

Hi all! My friend and I are planning to register for the half marathon, and we are so excited since this is our first RunDisney race! We are both in school, so we are looking to keep the costs reasonable while also having a fun weekend. It seems that staying on-site at a value resort would allow for transportation convenience at a fairly reasonable price, but we were also looking at off-site options to see how much cheaper that might be. Any thoughts from people who have attended a race weekend in the past on what the best lodging options are (either on or off site) when considering both convenience and cost? We want to keep costs as low as possible but also don't want to have to worry too much about transportation, particularly on the morning of the race. Any other money-saving tips anybody has for the weekend from past experiences?

Will you have your own vehicle? There is no Disney provided transportation from offsite resorts. You will need to have your own car, rent a car or use a taxi/uber/Lyft. This year's half marathon start time was delayed due to the amount of traffic still on the road trying to get to the race. I'm moving to a town 45 minutes from WDW and I'll be staying onsite for race weekend. I don't want to deal with driving.

Will you have your own vehicle? There is no Disney provided transportation from offsite resorts. You will need to have your own car, rent a car or use a taxi/uber/Lyft. This year's half marathon start time was delayed due to the amount of traffic still on the road trying to get to the race. I'm moving to a town 45 minutes from WDW and I'll be staying onsite for race weekend. I don't want to deal with driving.
I'm a local who also lives about 45 mins - an hour away and DSis and I opted to stay at ASMo for Wine a and dine and plan to Again this year

The Dark side half did not sell out but it was not discounted. You could register online last chance but it still Cost: $185 plus a $12 late registration fee. They had the last chance table you had to go to to get your stuff and they were taking weekend of registrations at that spot and that also included regular price plus the $12 late fee. I asked someone who registered there.

FWIW, April 3rd, in an email from Acclaim Travel...

"We Still have 9 half's left for

Star Wars Dark Side
@ only $ 99 each"

And that included the active fee.

On a rundisney marketplace TA post from the week before Dark Side they were selling Challenge bibs for $230. Don't know about the active fees at that point.

Disney might not have been discounting them, and of course only Disney could do same weekend registration, but not long before it was indeed discounted.

This year's half marathon start time was delayed due to the amount of traffic still on the road trying to get to the race.

FWIW I was reading the 2017 FB page while in the corral, and hearing chatter from people with friends on buses, and actually people who drove in were doing better than the buses. One person woke, got ready, got in her car and got to the corral before one bus had even moved after filling up. It's really a gamble either way. :)

Disney might not have been discounting them, and of course only Disney could do same weekend registration, but not long before it was indeed discounted.
Right, yeah sorry, I was just commenting on RunDisney specifically with their last chance registrations & no discount but a late fee since that's what the other poster was talking about.

Last edited:
I am a turtle and know it. I've done several local 5k's and 4 milers around here and at Disney. A few years back I got jealous of my friend's bling so I decided I was going to do a local quarter marathon. I finished it!! so I signed up for princess 10k, I saw balloon ladies but was able to complete course, the next year I took on 10k alone and finished before balloon ladies!!! this year I got brave and signed up for challenge, I finished 10k but not half but I had lots of folks cheering me on, I made it to castle ( my personal goal) and I made it to mile 8+ before being put on sweeper bus, yes I was upset, yes I cried but I'm dam proud of myself for getting out there and doing it and going further than I ever had. 2018 I'm going to crush that 13.1 and celebrate until Mice come home!!
Just wondering - were you walking the half marathon (where you got swept) or were you jogging and walking? I'm asking because I'm a walker. I've done one half-marathon and finished 3:27. I believe it was a pace of 15:50, but that was in 2015 and now I'm older. I want to do the challenge in 2018, but not sure if I want to take the chance of being swept.

The color and fonts look just like the merchandise from this year, so I don't know how one could theorize from it. :)

I really hope that they cycle through all the princesses...esp Pocahontas and Mulan!

I did see that they renamed the Glass Slipper Challenge to the Fairy Tale Challenge...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter