• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Walt Disney World- When do bookings open??

Divaofdisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone happen to know when the bookings for 2018 open up?? I am wanting to begin planning and looking for some helpful information. Thanks

Soon...that's all anyone knows..the site is down today ..but normally you can call up to 499 days out and get room only quotes

You can book 499 days in advance, however, you cannot book online until the Rates for that season are published. If you wish to book before then, you have to call and do it. They will charge you the deposit based on the current rates and when the rates are published you will (in the end) have to pay based on that published rate for the season you are going.

This is so ironic considering Disney wants people to book ADRs 180 days in advance. I can't even book a resort room for January 9 check in, but I can book ADRs...makes no sense. Disney needs to catch up to the rest of the hotel world and allow bookings online for at least a full year in advance (rotating).

This is so ironic considering Disney wants people to book ADRs 180 days in advance. I can't even book a resort room for January 9 check in, but I can book ADRs...makes no sense. Disney needs to catch up to the rest of the hotel world and allow bookings online for at least a full year in advance (rotating).
You cannot book (or should not be able to) book ADRs for January 9 2018 as it is more than 180 days out. You CAN book your resort, just not online. Typically Disney posts the new pricing in June so it would be before the 180 mark.

Would it be better to post the pricing out the 500 days and anything beyond 180 days add the disclaimer that Prices are subject to change until the 180 day mark? Do you think that would cause a bit of an up-roar?:confused3

You cannot book (or should not be able to) book ADRs for January 9 2018 as it is more than 180 days out. You CAN book your resort, just not online. Typically Disney posts the new pricing in June so it would be before the 180 mark.

Would it be better to post the pricing out the 500 days and anything beyond 180 days add the disclaimer that Prices are subject to change until the 180 day mark? Do you think that would cause a bit of an up-roar?:confused3

Okay, January 8 I can make ADRs. But I can't book a resort to check in on Jan 1.

No, I don't think Disney needs to go out 500 days. Most hotel chains go out one full year. That is reasonable. I should be able to book my Disney resort one year out. DVC can book at 11 months out...why can't resort guests?

They can simply release room rates as each new month opens up. So, just project forward 12 months at a time, rather than using Jan 1-Dec 31 as a basis for room rates.

And when you book on the phone at 499 days out, you don't get a realistic rate anyway, so it is useless for planning purposes. You are quoted the highest "holiday"rate and told it will be adjusted down when room rates are released. That is stupid. No one in the hotel industry does that. How do you know what you can afford if your phone booking is a super inflated price?

Okay, January 8 I can make ADRs. But I can't book a resort to check in on Jan 1.

As of today, you can only book ADR's through December 6th. If 2018 booking opens in June as usual, you'll be able to book your room before your ADR.

How? That's over 200 days away...

Also, Disney doesn't "want" people to make ADRs 180 days out. They make ADRs available 180 days out for those who wish to book them then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter