• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2019-04-17 Dream Diverting to Nassau

ctechbob

Earning My Ears
Looking at the ship tracker, it looks like Dream left Nassau en route to CC and turned around back towards Nassau.

2 Weeks in a row now they've deviated from normal. Captain Robert earning his pay this April.

Last edited:
The Port Nassau webcam was pointing right where it needed to be too, and then it reset itself and is pointing at a bunch of nothing now.

*Edit* Not too much of an emergency, they're taking the time to spin the boat around and back into the dock.

No flashing lights or vehicles that I can see sitting on the dock. Granted, the camera still isn't in the best position.

Annnnd back underway out of the port at 0300 hrs.

Last edited:
A little “off topic” :offtopic:but we sailed on the Dream Inaugural Voyage August, 2011, had a great time. We signed up on the State Department website Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, details of our trip as we customarily do for all international trips. I had read years ago if a passport is lost or stolen, it is easier to obtain a new one if you register information before trip. I received an e mail on Monday from State Notification Program saying Bahamas Travel Advisory Level 2, Exercise Increased Caution. I found it interesting that the warning said “watercraft are often not maintained and many companies do not have safety certificates to operate in the Bahamas. Jet ski operators have been known to commit sexual assaults against tourists”. Have not been back to Bahamas since 2011, but we have rented jet skis in Aruba and we do choose our operator carefully. Unfortunately, many tourists fall prey to faulty equipment and shoddy operators while traveling internationally !:eek::scared1:

I just got off the Dream and was on this sailing. We had a beautiful day at CC followed by our pirate deck party and fireworks. Not sure why it said we turned around.

I just got off the Dream and was on this sailing. We had a beautiful day at CC followed by our pirate deck party and fireworks. Not sure why it said we turned around.

It looks like it was the middle of the night. Nassau is close enough to CC that they could have turned around, dropped off the passenger(s) in need of medical assistance and still made it back to CC before anyone not awake noticed.

It looks like it was the middle of the night. Nassau is close enough to CC that they could have turned around, dropped off the passenger(s) in need of medical assistance and still made it back to CC before anyone not awake noticed.

That's exactly what happened, watched it unfold real time via the tracker and webcam. Captain backed the boat into the dock, they were there maybe 10 min and left again. Sped off at 20 kts almost the whole way to CC, whereas it's usually a leisurely 10 or so.

It is rare, but sometimes the ship stays docked in Nassau for the crew to disembark until late night. It's generally when they have done something exceptional. (I'm guessing inspection ratings?) but I know it is very very infrequent. Any even departing at 2 AM, the ship has no problem reaching Castaway.

It is rare, but sometimes the ship stays docked in Nassau for the crew to disembark until late night. It's generally when they have done something exceptional. (I'm guessing inspection ratings?) but I know it is very very infrequent. Any even departing at 2 AM, the ship has no problem reaching Castaway.

When comment cards are above a certain percentage, the Dream crew is usually rewarded with "late night in Nassau".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter