2019 College Football National Championship ticket prices dropping like a rock

Oh, I didn't realize you played or coached. For which team?
Life-long fan, 2 degree alum, donor, extensive family history with the school & football & baseball season ticket holder. I don’t have any qualms about using the words us or we. Most school programs wouldn’t exist without the “us”. And, it’s fairly typical to say as a fan. Sorry you seem upset that UGA got “snubbed” and lost to us & them.

Life-long fan, 2 degree alum, donor, extensive family history with the school & football & baseball season ticket holder. I don’t have any qualms about using the words us or we. Most school programs wouldn’t exist without the “us”. And, it’s fairly typical to say as a fan. Sorry you seem upset that UGA got “snubbed” and lost to us & them.

I disagree with your use of "we" but you're entitled to do as you choose. And honestly, I just think Notre Dame is an undeserving program coached by a jerk so I would have been fine with San Diego State pulling the 4 seed over them.

Man, it's been a while since I recall Cal was even sniffing the national championship, although that was back with the disastrous BCS.

I remember that 2007 night in Berkeley. It's etched into my mind. Cal had just beaten Oregon the previous week to go to #2, although they lost their starting QB. Up home they were back and forth with Oregon State all night trading leads, with Cal's backup QB (native of Beaverton) holding up fairly well. Then it's announced that #1 LSU just lost, so a win this night and Cal is #1 for the first time since 1951. They have the ball back on their own 6 yard line with about a minute and a half to go down 3 points, and they manage to get it all the way to the Oregon State 12 yard line. And without any timeouts, the backup QB scrambles to the 9 yard line rather than throwing it away when they were already in FG range. The clock runs out, game over.

Not sure what it would have been like since the backup QB probably wasn't the guy to lead a team to a national championship, but it would have been nice to have that #1 ranking, even if it was just for one week. Everything sort of fell apart after that.

Just saying they couldn’t beat us, Bama, or TX. I think the sugar was actually a generous bowl game & mostly just b/c of the SEC tie in.
Maybe you beat Bama next year and meet the Dawgs in the conference championship game. PAYBACK!!!

Actually, I think UCF has made its point that it can play with the big boys. They looked pretty darn good against LSU. Remember, they were playing with a backup QB. I think if not for his injury, they win.

I know he did - that's ridiculous so I didn't bother entertaining it. Georgia is the only possible snub and while they didn't make a great case, I stand by the thought that they wouldn't have been humiliated like ND.

Georgia got humiliated by Texas so what makes you think they wouldn't be humiliated by a better team? And before you say they only lost by 7, the score doesn't represent at all how that game went. Texas dominated them. Georgia QB didn't have a damn clue.

Look, I thought UGA was a Top 4 team prior to their bowl game loss against TX. But that's a 3rd loss including a blowout against LSU. At some point, the results speak. And Georgia's results haven't been good enough.

Better luck next season.

The people most able to go to the game, the locals, aren't interested in who is playing and the people most willing to go to the game, fans of the two teams, are the least able with the long flights and the like.

ITA - that's exactly it. If you're a fan of either team, just wait until next year when they'll likely play again in New Orleans.

Actually, I think UCF has made its point that it can play with the big boys. They looked pretty darn good against LSU. Remember, they were playing with a backup QB. I think if not for his injury, they win.
Proved what? That they couldn’t hang with even a mediocre SEC school much less the likes of Bama who they self-proclaimed to be Co-champs with last yr?? They had been playing with the qrtrback for a few games this season.

Last edited:
Maybe you beat Bama next year and meet the Dawgs in the conference championship game. PAYBACK!!!
I would like nothing more than to beat Bama & go the SEC champ again. I don’t care who we play, though, but unless things improve in the East I’m sure it’ll be UGA.

I'm with you 100% on this. Like I said, I'm a Notre Dame alum, and so of course I believe they belonged there, even if it was painful and embarrassing.
But I think at this point it's time to give UCF a shot. They should have been #4 instead of Oklahoma. I suspect they would have been smashed by Alabama, but that's OK. Most teams are. Give them the chance. It also would give them a national stage which would help with continuing to recruit better and better players.

Proved what? That the couldn’t hang with even a mediocre SEC school much less the likes of Bama who they self-proclaimed to be Co-champs with last yr?? They had been playing with the qrtrback for a few games this season.
The UCF administration just declared LSU as this year's national champions!

lol

We had a WR in at CB. That's not hanging with the big boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter