2019 College Football National Championship ticket prices dropping like a rock

Notre Dame and Oklahoma have proven, every time they have had the chance, that they did not truly belong in the CFP. Whereas Ohio State has proven, every time they have been left out, that they were actually the best among those not included in "ESPN's Regional Championship".

And it really doesn't matter how much a team won or lost a single game by: whoever brings up "29 points to Purdue" is simply using that as a convenient excuse for why they prefer a team with no strength-of-schedule (ND), no defense (OK), or more losses than any previous CFP entrant (GA). Ohio State had (multiple) better wins than any of them.

Three teams have actually won this thing, but conference affiliation$ seem to keep working against one of them. Bama and Clemson are great teams, for sure, but the current system is rigged.

At least for a night game, the sun will be tolerable. I thought they got better grass.
I think they keep bringing in new turf, based on the number of times I saw Michigan State players get up from a play with turf stuck in their face masks I don't think it was in great shape.

What moron decided to choose Santa Clara, California as the site for the game? Yes, Stanford and Berkeley are close by, but the area isn't known for its interest in college football.

P.S. Am I supposed to feel sorry for the sellers of tickets on the secondary market?

1. I heard he was a relative of the guy that decided to call Philly the city of brotherly love.
2. Nobody need feel sorry for scalpers. I sure don't.
3. Santa Clara wasn't really chosen for Stanford or Cal Berkeley any more than Indianapolis was chosen for Indiana or Purdue. They were chosen for other reasons. In fact, if you look at all the sites, the pattern indicates they were chosen because they had an NFL stadium capable of holding the media infrastructure for the event plus the hotels and the like.

The last four were held at the Falcons, Buccaneers, the Cardinals, and the Cowboys. Next year is at the Saints stadium, then the Dolphins, then the Colts. Los Angeles will be at the new Rams stadium. Then the Texans. All pro stadiums.

Notre Dame and Oklahoma have proven, every time they have had the chance, that they did not truly belong in the CFP. Whereas Ohio State has proven, every time they have been left out, that they were actually the best among those not included in "ESPN's Regional Championship".

And it really doesn't matter how much a team won or lost a single game by: whoever brings up "29 points to Purdue" is simply using that as a convenient excuse for why they prefer a team with no strength-of-schedule (ND), no defense (OK), or more losses than any previous CFP entrant (GA). Ohio State had (multiple) better wins than any of them.

Three teams have actually won this thing, but conference affiliation$ seem to keep working against one of them. Bama and Clemson are great teams, for sure, but the current system is rigged.

A convenient excuse? They got blown out by a mediocre team and had some close shaves against some bad ones. And sorry but it does matter how much they won or lost by. Sure 30 points is as good as 60. But don't even pretend that a blow out loss to Purdue would be the same as if they got lucky on a last minute Hail Marry play. It isn't. You can claim this doesn't matter or that doesn't matter but When you lose to a mediocre team, it matters. And if you get blown out by them, it really matters. You don't think Notre Dame could beat the likes of Purdue? They certainly had some teams more difficult than Purdue. And they beat them. They sure didn't lose to anyone that bad. And let us not pretend Ohio St. had some monsters of the midway schedule. Oregon St, Rutgers, TCU, and Tulane were all laughers. Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska should have been but weren't. Of the better teams on Ohio St.'s Schedule Notre Dame beat the same Michigan and Northwestern teams AN Ohio St University did. You do have penn St. But they have Syracuse who wasn't too shabby.

I think the problem with the way they set up the National Championship game is having it in early January eliminates the holiday traveler who might build in a bowl game into their plans. By January 7th, most folks are back to work and not necessarily able to fly across the country for a Monday game.

Also, the four teams who are in the playoffs have a dis-incentive to go to the playoff games. I have some friends who have gone to a lot of ND bowl games over the years, and they didn't go to the ND-Clemson game, because they knew they couldn't go to both the playoff and the NC game, so they wanted to take the risk and wait to see if ND made the NC game. Since they didn't, those people didn't end up going to any game at all.

Win all your games and you get to go. Easy. (Unlike UCF, who still doesn't get to go even after winning all their games.)

A convenient excuse? They got blown out by a mediocre team and had some close shaves against some bad ones. And sorry but it does matter how much they won or lost by. Sure 30 points is as good as 60. But don't even pretend that a blow out loss to Purdue would be the same as if they got lucky on a last minute Hail Marry play. It isn't. You can claim this doesn't matter or that doesn't matter but When you lose to a mediocre team, it matters. And if you get blown out by them, it really matters. You don't think Notre Dame could beat the likes of Purdue? They certainly had some teams more difficult than Purdue. And they beat them. They sure didn't lose to anyone that bad. And let us not pretend Ohio St. had some monsters of the midway schedule. Oregon St, Rutgers, TCU, and Tulane were all laughers. Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska should have been but weren't. Of the better teams on Ohio St.'s Schedule Notre Dame beat the same Michigan and Northwestern teams AN Ohio St University did. You do have penn St. But they have Syracuse who wasn't too shabby.

I think I love you.
:cheer2::rotfl2:

A convenient excuse? They got blown out by a mediocre team and had some close shaves against some bad ones. And sorry but it does matter how much they won or lost by. Sure 30 points is as good as 60. But don't even pretend that a blow out loss to Purdue would be the same as if they got lucky on a last minute Hail Marry play. It isn't. You can claim this doesn't matter or that doesn't matter but When you lose to a mediocre team, it matters. And if you get blown out by them, it really matters. You don't think Notre Dame could beat the likes of Purdue? They sure didn't lose to anyone that bad. And let us not pretend Ohio St. had some monsters of the midway schedule. Oregon St, Rutgers, TCU, and Tulane were all laughers. Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska should have been but weren't. Of the better teams on Ohio St.'s Schedule Notre Dame beat the same Michigan and Northwestern teams AN Ohio St University did. You do have penn St. But they have Syracuse who wasn't too shabby.

Ultimately a loss is a loss, and to a lesser degree a win is a win. It matters more who you beat than how you look doing it. But if you're buying into margin of victory/loss, OSU beat UM and NW by significantly more than ND did. Plus ND didn't have to play anyone in a conference championship game - because if they did, it would have been Clemson.

The CFP won't have all the P5 on a level playing field until ND is in a conference and ESECPN gets out of the CFP selection business.

Win all your games and you get to go. Easy. (Unlike UCF, who still doesn't get to go even after winning all their games.)
Also unlike Oklahoma, who has entered both of the past two CFPs with one loss and left with a second one.

Last edited:
I think the problem with the way they set up the National Championship game is having it in early January eliminates the holiday traveler who might build in a bowl game into their plans. By January 7th, most folks are back to work and not necessarily able to fly across the country for a Monday game.
And that’s partly why it was better when big bowls were on New Year’s Day.

The Ga loss all started when they held Uga back from tearing into that cow that Texas has. What's his name, Bobo? Uga woulda tore him a new one.

I would like nothing more than to beat Bama & go the SEC champ again. I don’t care who we play, though, but unless things improve in the East I’m sure it’ll be UGA.
How about a small wager if that game happens? I promise to like any and all smackdown comments you post if you beat us, and you do the same for me if and when we win.
Probably won't happen though, as everybody except The Tide will be also rans.

Ultimately a loss is a loss, and to a lesser degree a win is a win. It matters more who you beat than how you look doing it. But if you're buying into margin of victory/loss, OSU beat UM and NW by significantly more than ND did. Plus ND didn't have to play anyone in a conference championship game - because if they did, it would have been Clemson.

The CFP won't have all the P5 on a level playing field until ND is in a conference and ESECPN gets out of the CFP selection business.

Also unlike Oklahoma, who has entered both of the past two CFPs with one loss and left with a second one.

So what? A rump kicking is a rump kicking. Name one team as bad as Purdue that kicked Notre Dame's butt? And as I've shown, the schedules weren't all that different. One team ran its schedule. The other got it's rear end kicked by a mediocre team. Ohio St. has no legit argument against Notre Dame. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

By the way if the Big10 doesn't like that Notre Dame isn't in a conference.....Make it a conference rule to STOP PLAYING THEM!!!

I think I love you.
:cheer2::rotfl2:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3a4d1042-ee58-49b1-962b-a2d9fe1c706a

The Ga loss all started when they held Uga back from tearing into that cow that Texas has. What's his name, Bobo? Uga woulda tore him a new one.
Lol! I said poor Uga picking on a little dog! I said I’d like to see that stupid cow try that with Mike the tiger!

How about a small wager if that game happens? I promise to like any and all smackdown comments you post if you beat us, and you do the same for me if and when we win.
Probably won't happen though, as everybody except The Tide will be also rans.
Would love that, but we have to get past Bama. :( But next yr feels like the yr! Lol!

Who do you think would have beaten either of these 2 in the playoffs?

Honestly, no one. I just get tired of people complaining about it being the same teams. These are the best programs. We can pretend someone else is better and stick them in the 5 and 6 spot and get a better championship but it's basically a big asterisk then. Not much you can do.

So what? A rump kicking is a rump kicking. Name one team as bad as Purdue that kicked Notre Dame's butt? And as I've shown, the schedules weren't all that different. One team ran its schedule. The other got it's rear end kicked by a mediocre team. Ohio St. has no legit argument against Notre Dame. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

By the way if the Big10 doesn't like that Notre Dame isn't in a conference.....Make it a conference rule to STOP PLAYING THEM!!!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3a4d1042-ee58-49b1-962b-a2d9fe1c706a

Notre Dame played a weak schedule and it came back to bite them in the you know what in the playoffs. Notre Dame hasn’t won a real bowl game in 30 years. Time to buck up and join a conference for football and actually play in and win an important game to prove you really are relevant and not resting on your laurels.

I like how Notre Dame plays Michigan and Northwestern but eschews Ohio State during the regular season. Note Dame hasn’t beaten OSU since the 30’s and Michigan has beat us twice in the last 20 years. You can talk the talk but until you win on the field it is just talk.

Honestly, no one. I just get tired of people complaining about it being the same teams. These are the best programs. We can pretend someone else is better and stick them in the 5 and 6 spot and get a better championship but it's basically a big asterisk then. Not much you can do.
I agree. And, when I say I’m sick of the same old, I mean I’m sick of the things many have speculated are going on “behind the scenes” to make them the machine they are now. I don’t know anything about Clemson, but I know the many suspicions about Bama. And, it wouldn’t be the first time they have done it. They had just become bowl-eligible again right before Saban got there after being sanctioned...again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter