2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call tomorrow. Is this something I can book thru MDE or do I have to call Disney Dining? I so prefer not to speak to people, lol.

I will - hopefully- see you there. The lineup for that PFTS is pretty great.
Exactly! We haven't gone to PFTS in at least the last 2 years, maybe 3? We were disappointed with it being mostly Disney chefs the last time we attended. It looks like it has changed so there is reserved seating for everyone? That's what I booked anyway. They never announced the chefs in advance before when I booked this event so it was always a gamble. My husband and I looked at the chefs that are there on Nov 9 and both immediately decided to break our streak of skipping it. Had they NOT listed the chefs in advance, we wouldn't have considered going.

Called again at 8:58, and got a willing CM at 8:59. Was done at 9:10am. Booked 3 events for the wife and I:

9/27 - Food and Beverage Pairing w/ Robert Irvine
10/19 - Party for the Senses Reserved Seating
10/20 - Sunday Brunch With the Chef w/ Andrew Zimmern

I would have loved to have booked a couple of meals (Culinary Tour of Japan and/or Italian Wine vs. Beer), but we are also doing a Halloween Party, as well as Season Passes with Express for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, and some upcoming DAH events... I don’t think I can afford anything else lol!

I called DVC Membership Services and the regular dining line at the same time on 2 different phones. I got through to DVC first. Booked French Family Traditions and Parisian Afternoon.

Too bad they've done away with so many of the special events, but I'm starting to get used to it after last year!

No telling how it will work this year, especially without a formal festival center. But last year, all the chefs who did the Sunday brunch also did a separate book signing/photo opp later in the day. I’m not sure if they did wristbands or if you just lined up.
Thank you. We decided to skip because the Nov 10 Brunch chef is also at the Nov 9 PFTS. We figure we can eat his food at PFTS and get a picture with him there if we want one. We weren't sure we needed a huge brunch the day after PFTS, either! LOL

Awesome CM. Called about 10 minutes early and made 4 non F&W reservations. We spread this process out so right at 9 am we were able to book all 4 events we wanted. Little concerned since we wanted Hibachi Ex and French Family, but got them as well as Italian Wine vs Beer and Tequila Lunch.

Yay I am done too! We also have Hibachi Experience, Italian Food Wine vs Beer and French Family as well as a wine seminar!

Just a note for others the first reservation I started with was the Hibachi Experience and she was having trouble finding it in the system, needed to know what category it would be found in. Let her know it is under "Specialty Dining and Pairings". I was surprised she needed that, maybe it was just the CM I was working with?

I hope everyone gets what they are hoping for pixiedust:

I had a new CM who had no idea what she was doing and couldn't find the Italian Regional lunch. I was on terminal hold after I asked her to get her supervisor. She didn't even book it before asking me for my next date. I had to ask her to book and get my confirmation. They she told me that I had to book the Candy Sushi event online which I knew was wrong but I just hung up since have to get to work. They really need to give more training on how to book these events.

called 8:59, estimated a 14 minute wait, go through at 25 mins, very helpful Flo got me everything I wanted- 10/9 Hibachi, 10/8 Italian Beer v. Wine, & 10/13 French Family Traditions :) i'm now a very happy camper.

Just a note for others the first reservation I started with was the Hibachi Experience and she was having trouble finding it in the system, needed to know what category it would be found in. Let her know it is under "Specialty Dining and Pairings".
mine had a little trouble with Hibachi too, but she thought it might be bc I was a reservation of 1- but she ended up making it work. a previous year, it was suggested to also have the restaurant & start time on hand in case it's easier to find that way. i didn't need to use that info this year, but might be a good fyi.

Waited 20 minutes to get through to DVC, requested the 3 seminars I wanted, they were all available and then she couldn't book because my DVC reservation is 2 days short of the 180 day window. She said passholders can book but she couldn't do it so transferred me to Disney Dining who she said could make the reservations - after 45 minutes got disconnected with "call failed" :(

got back in quickly using the tour line (thank you gracielou). The CM said they can't make reservations more than 180 days out unless it is tied to a reservation starting 11/10. She said food and wine reservations are just dining reservations. Guess I should have realized but nothing noted that. Guess I'll just call back in 2 days.

Last edited:
Called 407-939-3378 at 9:00 a.m. Was placed into queue with an estimated time of less than eight minutes. Turned out to be about 25 minutes.

Got Culinary Tour of Japan on 10/10; French Family Meal Traditions on 10/11; and PFTS - Wine View Lounge on 10/12.

Very smooth process with knowledgeable CM. Very happy.

Got everything I wanted... PFTS, cheese seminar, wine vs.beer, a beverage seminar, and a Sunday brunch with a chef I’m a big fan of. I’m local-ish, so this is over a few trips. I wanted to do French Family Meal but I’d either have to do on arrival day or cancel brunch at California Grill. Any thoughts on this vs. Cali brunch?

I had a new CM who had no idea what she was doing and couldn't find the Italian Regional lunch. I was on terminal hold after I asked her to get her supervisor. She didn't even book it before asking me for my next date. I had to ask her to book and get my confirmation. They she told me that I had to book the Candy Sushi event online which I knew was wrong but I just hung up since have to get to work. They really need to give more training on how to book these events.

If you said "Italian Regional Lunch" that may have been the problem. Seems like the CMs need the exact title of the event for their computers. It is now called "French Family Meal Traditions."

UGH!! Did you see that candy sushi isn't available for booking until May 30 anyway? so frustrating!

Got everything I wanted... PFTS, cheese seminar, wine vs.beer, a beverage seminar, and a Sunday brunch with a chef I’m a big fan of. I’m local-ish, so this is over a few trips. I wanted to do French Family Meal but I’d either have to do on arrival day or cancel brunch at California Grill. Any thoughts on this vs. Cali brunch?

Both are excellent, but brunch is offered all year. The French Family Meal Traditions only comes around once a Fall. The wines and food are spectacular at the French event and we deem it a "can't be missed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter