• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to try Raclette for a while now, but I find it really odd that they're serving it with pickles (cornichons). That's a combo I can't quite wrap my head around.

This'll be my first time at F&W and looking forward to several dishes, especially
-Maple Bourbon cheesecake (Cheese Studio)
-Cheddar Cheese Soup and Pretzel Bread (Canada)
-Baked Shrimp and Scallop scampi dip (Coastal Eats)
-Costine di Maiale (Pork Ribs - Italy)
-Chocolate Bread Pudding (Mexico)
-Frangipane Peach Tart (SommerFest)
-Frozen Apple Pie (Appleseed Orchard)

I have a lot more "Wished for" on the app but those are the ones that look the best to me at the moment.

I've been to Switzerland several times and they do have mini sweet pickles as an accompaniment to raclette. They also serve pearl onions, bacon (which we cooked ourselves) and bread. All a VERY tasty pairing to be quite honest with you!! My favorite were the pearl onions - who would've thought??

I am going to the festival today, so excited! Does the festival center open earlier than the booths? What time? Should I get there first? Any opening day tips on how to start the day would be great! Thanks.

In years past, when the FC was in the Life Pavilion, it would open at 9AM with Future World. But with it moving to inside World Showcase, we don’t if the opening time will remain 9AM or if will now open at 11AM with the rest of WS. Hopefully, someone going today can report what time it opened.

Thinking about getting the AP Dooney & Bourke satchel. Does anyone know if the AP discount can be applied to this? Or does it not qualify?

Never been to F&W. Flying into Disney tomorrow night. With the weather being a little all over the place, how are the food stations set up... Are they under tents or inside somewhere? I have no issues walking from place to place even if it's raining, just wasn't sure how it's all set up.

Thinking about getting the AP Dooney & Bourke satchel. Does anyone know if the AP discount can be applied to this? Or does it not qualify?

I have had the AP discount applied to other D&B bags, so I expect you would be able to use it for this as well.

Never been to F&W. Flying into Disney tomorrow night. With the weather being a little all over the place, how are the food stations set up... Are they under tents or inside somewhere? I have no issues walking from place to place even if it's raining, just wasn't sure how it's all set up.
The booths are setup throughout world showcase. Each booth itself is covered/enclosed, but they are outside and you will be in the elements while walking between them.

Attachments

• 0F4831B4-B628-4206-81B8-8F4AC12513EB.jpeg
    0F4831B4-B628-4206-81B8-8F4AC12513EB.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
Was the Festival Center open before 11? I understand it has been before when it was located in Future World-Would be nice not to have to back track too much when the booths open, but we want a passport and Remy scavenger hunt game-

Was the Festival Center open before 11? I understand it has been before when it was located in Future World-Would be nice not to have to back track too much when the booths open, but we want a passport and Remy scavenger hunt game-

In the past, passports were available at all Epcot entrances with the park maps. I expect this to be the same this year. As for the Remy Scavenger Hunt game, I believe those were available at one of the two gift stores at the entrance to World Showcase, and I would expect them to be available there this year.

Fun day at F&W today. More info to come but for now, wanted to share that there is no Festival Center. World ShowPlace is events only. Initial map showed the mimosa bar there but it is not. Merchandise is spread around. Port of Entry has the Passholder stuff and is not set up for the crowds (in my opinion)

Fun day at F&W today. More info to come but for now, wanted to share that there is no Festival Center. World ShowPlace is events only. Initial map showed the mimosa bar there but it is not. Merchandise is spread around. Port of Entry has the Passholder stuff and is not set up for the crowds (in my opinion)

Bummer on no festival center since I have read it is suppose to be between canada and U.K. (believe it was suppose to be where I attended a Vera Bradley event a few years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter