2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually always wonder why he enjoys it so much because he usually eats his steak rare, and even though I enjoy mine medium-rare it is always way too over cooked and not worth it for me to waste stomach space on. It makes him happy so that’s all that matters!

We just went through the menus again and all his picks are food and 90% of mine are alcohol, sounds like a typical year for us!!!
By chance, have you tried the Citrus Sunrise or the Italian Margarita?
They both sound wonderful but not sure how much alcohol I can handle if the weather is (most likely!) super warm and humid the day we visit.

You’re welcome! I would say the portions range from 3 bites to about 10 bites. Some dishes are much larger than others.

You’re welcome!

I’ll be posting another update later today that includes the items we tried today. Would I be going overboard if I posted pictures of everything? I don’t want to annoy everybody with a wall of food pics, lol.
I’d love to see photos 😊. The more information the better I say 😊

They both sound wonderful but not sure how much alcohol I can handle if the weather is (most likely!) super warm and humid the day we visit.
I haven't gotten one yet this year, but the Italian Margarita seems to be the same every year. It's very refreshing, and you can barely taste any alcohol. And unless it changed this year, it's a full size cup. It sounds perfect for you!
I’d love to see photos 😊. The more information the better I say 😊
Ok, will do!

Never had the Citrus Sunrise but I have enjoyed the Italian margarita, it just boarders on too sweet for me but is still enjoyable. Keep in mind I prefer spirit forward drinks where I can really taste the alcohol and don’t enjoy anything too sweet with my alcohol. The Italian Margarita is one that is a bit far from my normal preference but it is well balanced and refreshing, you can’t taste any one component too much it all works well together. My husband really likes it too and he prefers fruitier sweeter drinks. I bet he would actually love the Citrus Sunrise, but he hates coffee so I don’t think he has ever even walked over to a Joffrey’s cart to see what else they may have and certainly skipped over it when we were making our selections earlier.

Never had the Citrus Sunrise but I have enjoyed the Italian margarita, it just boarders on too sweet for me but is still enjoyable. Keep in mind I prefer spirit forward drinks where I can really taste the alcohol and don’t enjoy anything too sweet with my alcohol. The Italian Margarita is one that is a bit far from my normal preference but it is well balanced and refreshing, you can’t taste any one component too much it all works well together. My husband really likes it too and he prefers fruitier sweeter drinks. I bet he would actually love the Citrus Sunrise, but he hates coffee so I don’t think he has ever even walked over to a Joffrey’s cart to see what else they may have and certainly skipped over it when we were making our selections earlier.
Great feedback - thanks!

I wonder if Joffrey's is offering a Citrus Sunrise type thing without alcohol. If not, I might try the Italian Margarita.

We went tonight and got really full lol (much better than being at home waiting for the hurricane). Here’s what we ate and what we thought:

Vanilla Gelato Sundae-3/4
Cheesecake Trio-2/4 (these are really small and we didn’t like the chocolate one at all)
Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef-3/4
Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese-2.5-4
Madras Red Curry-3/4
Beer-braised Beef Belgium-2.5/4
Boeuf Braisé à la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine-4/4 (this was absolutely delicious, Dh and I both loved it, the puff potatoes were interesting but the sauce was the real star)
Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup-3/4

Attachments

• BD0A1325-6F32-454B-B2FA-8F8AA057EBC0.jpeg
    BD0A1325-6F32-454B-B2FA-8F8AA057EBC0.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 87DFA890-E7B4-42BA-89E6-C6026D0C481C.jpeg
    87DFA890-E7B4-42BA-89E6-C6026D0C481C.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 61
  • F4AD5E75-E681-4F96-9FBF-3A41E4ABF79C.jpeg
    F4AD5E75-E681-4F96-9FBF-3A41E4ABF79C.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 38E24BEB-5EE2-4F14-891F-5EEBC680F5C5.jpeg
    38E24BEB-5EE2-4F14-891F-5EEBC680F5C5.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 8480C02B-B15C-4D00-A069-9DC93CBD025B.jpeg
    8480C02B-B15C-4D00-A069-9DC93CBD025B.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
We went tonight and got really full lol (much better than being at home waiting for the hurricane). Here’s what we ate and what we thought:

Vanilla Gelato Sundae-3/4
Cheesecake Trio-2/4 (these are really small and we didn’t like the chocolate one at all)
Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef-3/4
Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese-2.5-4
Madras Red Curry-3/4
Beer-braised Beef-2.5/4
Boeuf Braisé à la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine-4/4 (this was absolutely delicious, Dh and I both loved it, the puff potatoes were interesting but the sauce was the real star)
Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup-3/4
Oh no - why the low rating for the warm raclette Swiss cheese? Was the cheese not “melty” enough or you just didn’t like the combination of food items in the dish?

Oh no - why the low rating for the warm raclette Swiss cheese? Was the cheese not “melty” enough or you just didn’t like the combination of food items in the dish?
It definitely congealed quickly. Honestly for me it was just the taste of the cheese. I’m not normally a big Swiss fan anyway. Dh gave it a 3/4. I just wouldn’t pay that again for it

Alright, here is my ranking as it currently stands after two visits. Now with pictures! Anything 7 or higher is a recommend. Anything above 8 or so I would consider a must try!

If there is a number before the name of the dish, that is how many times we've tried that dish.

Taco de Puerco (Mexico) - 9.0/10 - Loaded with tender pork belly, tasty green sauce.

taco_de_puerco.jpg

Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun (China) - 8.5/10 - The sauce on the chicken and shrimp was very tasty.

mala_chicken_and_shrimp_bao_bun.jpg

Boeuf Braisé à la Borderlaise (France) - 8.5/10 - Very tender beef, very tasty sauce. Potatoes were delicious, but kind of hard to eat. They kept falling apart.

boeuf_braise_a_la_borderlaise_1.jpg

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese (The Alps) - 8.5/10 - Getting a fresh one is critical. Ours was melty and quite tasty. There were 2 very small potatoes and 1 tiny pickle hiding under the cheese.

warm_raclette_swiss_cheese.jpg

Maple Bourbon Cheesecake (Cheese Studio) - 8.5/10 - One of favorites from last year, and it's just as good this year. I always ask for one fresh out of the fridge, as being cold improves it quite a bit.

maple_bourbon_cheesecake.jpg

Banana Almond Soft Serve Sundae (Shimmering Sips) - 8.0/10 - Refreshing and quite tasty. Good size portion.

banana_almond_soft_serve_sundae.jpg

Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart (The Alps) - 8.0/10 - The crust on this is amazing.

blueberry_and_almond_frangipane_tart.jpg

(3) Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 8.0/10 - First time we got it it was room temperature, and scored a 7.0. We asked for one straight from the fridge the second time, and it was quite a bit better, earning it's current 8.0.

deconstructed_pavlova_2.jpg

Impossible Cottage Pie (Earth Eats) - 8.0/10 - Shockingly good. Tastes like real meat. I expected the cauliflower mash to be a deal breaker, but even that was pretty good.

impossible_cottage_pie.jpg

Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin (Africa) - 7.5/10 - This was delicious, but my beef was full of gristle. If it had been tender this would be higher.

kenyan_coffee_barbecue_beef_tenderloin.jpg

NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread (Morocco) - 7.5/10 - Basically a beef soft taco. Good though!

ny_strip_steak_green_shermoula_flatbread.jpg

Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash (Hawaii) - 7.5/10 - One of my favorite items last year, but not quite as good this year. Smaller portion, not as much sauce, and the potatoes are mushier. Still pretty good.

teriyaki_glazed_spam_hash.jpg

Black Pepper Shrimp (China) - 7.5/10 - We always like this. Shrimp still had tails on this year.

black_pepper_shrimp.jpg

Pacifico True Striped Bass Tostada (Coastal Eats) - 7.5/10 - Good, but could have used more of the delicous green sauce. Fish was a tad bit dry.

pacifico_true_striped_bass_tostada.jpg

Jerk-spiced Chicken (Islands of the Caribbean) - 7.0/10 - Chicken was good, and spicy. I didn't care for anything else in the dish, though. It would have cooled down the spicy chicken, but it was just too sweet for a savory dish.

jerk_spiced_chicken.jpg

Frozen Mimosa (Shimmering Sips) - 7.0/10 - Refreshing, but maybe a bit too sweet. Almost no taste of alcohol.

frozen_mimosa.jpg

Braised Beef Stroganoff (Cheese Studio) - 7.0/10 - Pretty good, but the noodles kind of got lost with all of the sauce. Decent sized portion.

braised_beef_stroganoff.jpg

Frothy Ramen (Japan) - 7.0/10 - Expected this to be gross, as I don’t like cold noodles, but it was pretty good. Oddly sweet.

frothy_ramen.jpg

"La Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (Canada) - 7.0/10 - This is usually really good, but this time it was overcooked (borderline well done) and kind of tough. It was a large portion, with tons of mushrooms.

la_cellier_wild_mushroom_beef_filet_mignon.jpg

Charcuterie and Cheese Plate (Appleseed Orchard) - 7.0/10 - The maple syrup added an interesting flavor to the cheeses. The meats were fine, but uninteresting. The lump of apple stuff was kind of gross, though.

charcuterie_and_cheese_plate.jpg

Caramel Apple Popcorn (Appleseed Orchard) - 7.0/10 - Pretty good flavor. And the popcorn still tasted fresh, not stale like a lot of flavored popcorn. Plus, the container is adorable.

caramel_apple_popcorn.jpg

Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 7.0/10 - Typical chocolate bread pudding.

capirotada_de_chocolate.jpg

Tostada de Carne (Mexico) - 6.5/10 - Wasn’t a big fan of the mole on this. The meat was good, though.

tostada_de_carne.jpg

Frozen Apple Pie (Appleseed Orchard) - 6.0/10 - I didn't try this, but my wife gave it a 6, saying it was "too sweet". I forgot to take a picture of just the drink, so here it is with the popcorn!

appleseed_orchard.jpg

Baked Shrimp and Scallop Scampi Dip (Coastal Eats) - 5.0/10 - The dip was runny and kind of gross, and the scallops were nothing special. On their own, I'd give the two scallops a 6.5, and the dip a 4.

baked_shrimp_and_scallop_scampi_dip.jpg

Alright, here is my ranking as it currently stands after two visits. Now with pictures! Anything 7 or higher is a recommend. Anything above 8 or so I would consider a must try!

If there is a number before the name of the dish, that is how many times we've tried that dish.

Taco de Puerco (Mexico) - 9.0/10 - Loaded with tender pork belly, tasty green sauce.

taco_de_puerco.jpg

Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun (China) - 8.5/10 - The sauce on the chicken and shrimp was very tasty.

Boeuf Braisé à la Borderlaise (France) - 8.5/10 - Very tender beef, very tasty sauce. Potatoes were delicious, but kind of hard to eat. They kept falling apart.

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese (The Alps) - 8.5/10 - Getting a fresh one is critical. Ours was melty and quite tasty. There were 2 very small potatoes and 1 tiny pickle hiding under the cheese.

Maple Bourbon Cheesecake (Cheese Studio) - 8.5/10 - One of favorites from last year, and it's just as good this year. I always ask for one fresh out of the fridge, as being cold improves it quite a bit.

Banana Almond Soft Serve Sundae (Shimmering Sips) - 8.0/10 - Refreshing and quite tasty. Good size portion.

Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart (The Alps) - 8.0/10 - The crust on this is amazing.

(3) Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 8.0/10 - First time we got it it was room temperature, and scored a 7.0. We asked for one straight from the fridge the second time, and it was quite a bit better, earning it's current 8.0.

Impossible Cottage Pie (Earth Eats) - 8.0/10 - Shockingly good. Tastes like real meat. I expected the cauliflower mash to be a deal breaker, but even that was pretty good.

Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin (Africa) - 7.5/10 - This was delicious, but my beef was full of gristle. If it had been tender this would be higher.

NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread (Morocco) - 7.5/10 - Basically a beef soft taco. Good though!

Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash (Hawaii) - 7.5/10 - One of my favorite items last year, but not quite as good this year. Smaller portion, not as much sauce, and the potatoes are mushier. Still pretty good.

Black Pepper Shrimp (China) - 7.5/10 - We always like this. Shrimp still had tails on this year.

black_pepper_shrimp.jpg

Pacifico True Striped Bass Tostada (Coastal Eats) - 7.5/10 - Good, but could have used more of the delicous green sauce. Fish was a tad bit dry.

Jerk-spiced Chicken (Islands of the Caribbean) - 7.0/10 - Chicken was good, and spicy. I didn't care for anything else in the dish, though. It would have cooled down the spicy chicken, but it was just too sweet for a savory dish.

jerk_spiced_chicken.jpg

Frozen Mimosa (Shimmering Sips) - 7.0/10 - Refreshing, but maybe a bit too sweet. Almost no taste of alcohol.

frozen_mimosa.jpg

Braised Beef Stroganoff (Cheese Studio) - 7.0/10 - Pretty good, but the noodles kind of got lost with all of the sauce. Decent sized portion.

Frothy Ramen (Japan) - 7.0/10 - Expected this to be gross, as I don’t like cold noodles, but it was pretty good. Oddly sweet.

frothy_ramen.jpg

"La Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (Canada) - 7.0/10 - This is usually really good, but this time it was overcooked (borderline well done) and kind of tough. It was a large portion, with tons of mushrooms.

Charcuterie and Cheese Plate (Appleseed Orchard) - 7.0/10 - The maple syrup added an interesting flavor to the cheeses. The meats were fine, but uninteresting. The lump of apple stuff was kind of gross, though.

Caramel Apple Popcorn (Appleseed Orchard) - 7.0/10 - Pretty good flavor. And the popcorn still tasted fresh, not stale like a lot of flavored popcorn. Plus, the container is adorable.

Tostada de Carne (Mexico) - 6.5/10 - Wasn’t a big fan of the mole on this. The meat was good, though.

tostada_de_carne.jpg

Frozen Apple Pie (Appleseed Orchard) - 6.0/10 - I didn't try this, but my wife gave it a 6, saying it was "too sweet". I forgot to take a picture of just the drink, so here it is with the popcorn!

appleseed_orchard.jpg

Baked Shrimp and Scallop Scampi Dip (Coastal Eats) - 5.0/10 - The dip was runny and kind of gross, and the scallops were nothing special. On their own, I'd give the two scallops a 6.5, and the dip a 4.

Great photos and commentary! Really appreciate the time you took to share this.
Sad about the baked shrimp and scallops - that was another of my possibilities that might now be a no go since just looking at this photo of the dip makes me feel a bit nauseated.

Sad about the baked shrimp and scallops - that was another of my possibilities that might now be a no go since just looking at this photo of the dip makes me feel a bit nauseated.
The sad thing is the dip was actually pretty good last year. Not great or anything, but good enough we ordered it 2-3 times. This year it tastes worse than some frozen appetizer you could buy at the grocery store.

Last edited:
Loving all the pictures! DH and I are coming down for a long weekend and have two full days at WDW. We were gonna do a spa/Disney Springs day on day 1 and then Epcot on day 2 but now I’m second guessing our decision to only go to Epcot 1 day and not 2. I have SO many dishes bookmarked I wanna try but I feel like we’ll get really full! I’m guessing we can probably only try 7-8 things.

taco_de_puerco.jpg

black_pepper_shrimp.jpg

jerk_spiced_chicken.jpg

frozen_mimosa.jpg

frothy_ramen.jpg

tostada_de_carne.jpg

appleseed_orchard.jpg

Thank you for all your reviews and the pictures. Super helpful for our upcoming trip. Not sure if you are still there and going to be doing more reviews but looking forward to reading them if you are 😊

I would still try it - 3 or 4 blogs I read all raves about it, and their photos looked more appetizing as well. This may have been an off day.

Any AP interested in trading one Minnie magnet for one Ratatouille magnet? I'll have two Ratatouille ones and would love one of each for my fridge! Feel free to PM me! Thanks!
Am new AP this year, where do you get the F&W magnets. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter