2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does it generally get bad on Fri and Sat? Friend is coming down, and we're doing parks Fri evening Sat/Sun. Really hate having to go during a weekend (been twice during weekday and it's been nice).

Is there any list of who's doing what meal when? I know this used to be something folks listed but I didn't see it at a glance
Wondering specifically about PFTS on 10/5
I'm solo for the day (rest of crew gets in on the 6th) and trying to find something to do.
PFTS (never done this) or DAH at AK are in current contention.
If there's anyone else going solo to PFTS that night it could sway me

What time does it generally get bad on Fri and Sat? Friend is coming down, and we're doing parks Fri evening Sat/Sun. Really hate having to go during a weekend (been twice during weekday and it's been nice).

Can't speak to this years crowds, but last year we went on Saturday, and it didn't start getting crowded until around 1:00-1:30. We also were surprised to find many of the booths already open at 10:30 that morning, which was a welcome surprise!

Edit to add: In the morning up until about 12:30 the place was empty. We were shocked to see it that way on a Saturday!

I'd say on Saturday to be ready to bail around 1pm, maybe 2pm if you're lucky. I like to get to EPCOT when the park opens to ride a few things in Future World and then around 10:30 see if anything from Canada to France is open. On the weekend I've seen booths like Ireland open quite early which is really nice. After ~3 hours of Food & Wine I'm usually stuffed anyway!

I’d like to try the maple bourbon cheesecake at the Cheese Studio, but I’m concerned about the alcohol. I typically try to avoid dishes with uncooked alcohol or with a serious alcohol taste.

Folks who have had it - thoughts?

I’d like to try the maple bourbon cheesecake at the Cheese Studio, but I’m concerned about the alcohol. I typically try to avoid dishes with uncooked alcohol or with a serious alcohol taste.

Folks who have had it - thoughts?
It is the best dessert at F&W. I don’t taste bourbon at all. I’d recommend asking for one straight from the fridge, as it tastes much better cold.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear. I know the chef's there, I meant a list of Diser's that may be going.
@AngiTN was referring to a thread like this https://www.disboards.com/threads/post-your-2018-food-wine-festival-special-events-here.3687369/ . I don't think one was created his year
Opps! Sorry! That's correct, DisYoda did not start a meets thread for the F&W events like in previous years. There was such a poor response to the thread which was created in 2018.

Opps! Sorry! That's correct, DisYoda did not start a meets thread for the F&W events like in previous years. There was such a poor response to the thread which was created in 2018.

Sorry! We weren’t doing Food and Wine this year originally since we’re in France for our big vacation. I have since added a 2 night trip towards the end of the festival with 6 or 7 girlfriends so no special events as we have 1 day in EPCOT & a Saturday at that. I didn’t really pay much attention to what’s offered this year. I usually make the thread to help me organize our plans!

OK, I set up a meets thread for the festival. Please post the events you are attending on this thread. Let's keep the "meets" thread separate from the Festival planning thread.

Thanks!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/post-your-2019-food-wine-festival-special-events-here.3769203/
Super nice of you!

Since this is my first ever F&W (yippee!), I’m not planning on attending any special events but think the meets thread is a terrific idea if I were.

BTW - very thankful for all of the tips from you pros on this board!

I took pictures of everything we tried....except what ended up being my favorite dish! Here is a picture of the image of the Wine and Dine sign. Ours had lots of veggies and three scallops. Totally recommend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter