2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use the $10 bonus gift cards that come with the $100 pass hold food & wine gift card? I have two questions:

1) I was told they could be “stacked” so if I have five I can use them all at once. Has anyone done this?

2) can you use TIW if using these cards?

@kylenne The Parisian Breakfast is VERY carb heavy with a handful of meat and cheeses. If you are spending the entire day at Epcot then you will be fine for eating again by lunch time. I can't speak for the Parisian Afternoon

I’m having a real quandary. I’m trying to plan a “last minute” solo trip over Veterans Day weekend and considering the Parisian Breakfast vs. Parisian Afternoon. My concerns on the breakfast is that it’s carb heavy and there won’t be enough savory options. I’m also worried I will be too stuffed to enjoy booths. My concerns on the afternoon are mainly that I’m allergic to tree nuts and I’ve heard macarons are served, plus how long it takes. This is my one trip to the fest this year and trying to make the most of it with all the crowds is making me anxious.

I will be staying at Beach Club though and as an alternative am wondering if I shouldn’t just skip these events altogether and try the Ale & Compass breakfast buffet instead. Anyone been to these events and have an opinion?

We are also going over Veterans Day weekend, and went through the very same thoughts that you did. We decided not to do either of the the events and instead just stick with the booths. There are so many things we want to try and we think if we do the big breakfast or lunch, we will just be too full... plus they take quite a bit of time and we’d rather not sit in a restaurant that long.

We are staying at Yacht Club and also thought about Ale & Compass for breakfast, but decided to instead take advantage of our easy entrance through the International Gateway and go to Les Halles in France for pastries and mimosas, which actually is like a much lighter, cheaper, and faster version of the Parisian breakfast anyway. It opens at nine so that’s a bonus.

If you do decide to go with the lunch, just inform them of your allergy and I’m sure they will make adjustments to what you are served.

Have a great time!

@kylenne The Parisian Breakfast is VERY carb heavy with a handful of meat and cheeses. If you are spending the entire day at Epcot then you will be fine for eating again by lunch time. I can't speak for the Parisian Afternoon

I will be there the whole day; I do have some FPs at the other parks but this is very much going to be an Epcot focused trip. I hardly touched WS when I was down there last month so I’m gonna make up for it this time. I like more of a balance of savory and sweet than it sounds like is offered. Which makes sense for France admittedly.

We are also going over Veterans Day weekend, and went through the very same thoughts that you did. We decided not to do either of the the events and instead just stick with the booths. There are so many things we want to try and we think if we do the big breakfast or lunch, we will just be too full... plus they take quite a bit of time and we’d rather not sit in a restaurant that long.

We are staying at Yacht Club and also thought about Ale & Compass for breakfast, but decided to instead take advantage of our easy entrance through the International Gateway and go to Les Halles in France for pastries and mimosas, which actually is like a much lighter, cheaper, and faster version of the Parisian breakfast anyway. It opens at nine so that’s a bonus.

If you do decide to go with the lunch, just inform them of your allergy and I’m sure they will make adjustments to what you are served.

Have a great time!

Oh, neat! I wanted to stay at YC but my TA found no availability so BC it was. Les Halles was definitely on my radar as well and now that I read your plans I think I’ll do that instead; that was our breakfast of choice when I was a kid staying at the Dolphin. Maybe we’ll run into each other lol. I’ll be the lady with the purple braids stuffing her face with that bacon roll!

We got our cheesecake today. It was... disappointing. It is literally 2 bites of cheesecake with a little white chocolate disc on top.
fromage_montage_cheesecake.jpg
Glad to hear it actually as I knew we wouldn't eat the required dishes to get one......

I'll start off by saying we are not adventurous eaters, and we love beef. So we pick dishes we anticipate liking. Unfortunately my DH was not with me most of the time which significantly reduced my tasting volume. My DH is the seafood eater and the lamb person - so I'm sorry to say these went untried.

The overall word we would use for this year was BALANCE. So many dishes would easily go wrong if the flavors weren't balanced. But they were, and they worked.

Everything we tasted we liked a lot, except for the Nigerian Meat Pie, Spam Hash, and Kahlua Pork Slider. Last year Hawaii was our favorite overall kiosk and loved everything.....so quite disappointed this year. These 3 dishes we didn't finish.

Our savory favorites (top to bottom):
filet mignon, Canada - absolute favorite, cooked perfectly medium rare
boeuf bordelaise, France - excellent
braised beef, Cheese Studio - excellent
Impossible cottage pie, Earth Eats - great
irish sausage, Ireland - great
Loaded mac & cheese, Active Eats - good but salty
Tostada , Mexico - nice; we liked it last year too
pollo, Italy - basically chicken fingers, nice taste but still chicken fingers
cheese platter, Appleseed - nothing special, ok

Our Sweet favorites (top to bottom):
maple bourbon cheesecake, Cheese Studio - wonderful
Nitro truffle, Chocolate Studio - liked it better than last year's
passion fruit cheesecake, Hawaii - yummy
Belgian waffle with berry compote, Belgium - excellent
peach tart, Germany - good but nothing extraordinaire; i love peach so this was a must; enjoyed but not special

Drinks:
Pumpkin Spice frozen cocktail, Chocolate Studio - EXCELLENT
Guinness shake, Ireland - I dont drink beer AT ALL and I really enjoyed this; came in a cute 'glass' that we kept
martini slushy, France - very good, better than last year
woodshuck cider, Appleseed - good
grenade, France -good
Apple Blossoom Sky, Appleseed - better than it sounds, dont get the marshmallows, comes in a copper looking plastic cup
Kungu fu punch, China - nothing special
tropical mimosa, Shimmering Sips - too syrupy, bubbly was lost

pictures to come - sorry. (have to run out) LOL - Without my DH, I usually dug in before remembering to take pics......
Boy do I wish we were still there!! SO SO many more dishes I wanted to try.

beef stroganoff, maple bourbon cheese cake - CHEESE STUDIO
IMG_6512_editB.jpg

Boef Braise a la Bordelaise - FRANCE
IMG_6467_editB.jpg

Kir a la Grenade (right) & La Passion Martini Slushy (left) - FRANCE
IMG_6466_editB.jpg

Irish Sausage & Guinness Baileys Shake - IRELAND
IMG_6463_editB.jpg

Charcuterie & Cheese Plate, Whoochuck Hard Cider, & Apple Blossom Sky - APPLESEED ORCHARD
IMG_6460_editB.jpg

Filet Mignon - CANADA (2 servings)
IMG_6459_editB.jpg

Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote - BELGUIM
IMG_6772_editB.jpg

Peach Tart - GERMANY
IMG_6769_editB.jpg

Tropical Mimosa - SHIMMERING SIPS
IMG_6744_editB.jpg

Toastada de Carne - MEXICO
IMG_6745_editB.jpg

Pumpkin Spice Chai Frozen Cocktail & Nitro Truffle - CHOCOLATE STUDIO
IMG_6716_editB.jpg

Loaded Mac & Cheese - ACTIVE EATS
IMG_6712_editB.jpg

That's all of the Food & Wine pics I can find. Sorry. Seems I missed a few.

Not F&W, but I attended the TEA event at ROSE & CROWN on Friday morning. It was fantastic. I highly recommend. I know a lot about teas but still learned some things and everyone and everything was delicious!
IMG_7638_editB.jpgIMG_7647_editB.jpgIMG_7649_editB.jpgIMG_7654_editB.jpg

Loved reading these and seeing the pics. I have been out of the loop and now we are about a week away from our F&W trip. Getting excited especially for PFTS which is always our favorite event.

Anyone use the $10 bonus gift cards that come with the $100 pass hold food & wine gift card? I have two questions:

1) I was told they could be “stacked” so if I have five I can use them all at once. Has anyone done this?

Interested in the answer to this as well.

Also interested to hear if anyone has gotten the various passholder gifts yet? Pics?

We were told they could be stacked as well. We went to try it last Friday at garden grill but there were power issues so our whole meal was free!

Not F&W, but I attended the TEA event at ROSE & CROWN on Friday morning. It was fantastic. I highly recommend. I know a lot about teas but still learned some things and everyone and everything was delicious!

I booked this for myself but DH and DD are not interested. Will it be weird if I go by myself?

I'll start off by saying we are not adventurous eaters, and we love beef. So we pick dishes we anticipate liking. Unfortunately my DH was not with me most of the time which significantly reduced my tasting volume. My DH is the seafood eater and the lamb person - so I'm sorry to say these went untried.

The overall word we would use for this year was BALANCE. So many dishes would easily go wrong if the flavors weren't balanced. But they were, and they worked.

Everything we tasted we liked a lot, except for the Nigerian Meat Pie, Spam Hash, and Kahlua Pork Slider. Last year Hawaii was our favorite overall kiosk and loved everything.....so quite disappointed this year. These 3 dishes we didn't finish.

Our savory favorites (top to bottom):
filet mignon, Canada - absolute favorite, cooked perfectly medium rare
boeuf bordelaise, France - excellent
braised beef, Cheese Studio - excellent
Impossible cottage pie, Earth Eats - great
irish sausage, Ireland - great
Loaded mac & cheese, Active Eats - good but salty
Tostada , Mexico - nice; we liked it last year too
pollo, Italy - basically chicken fingers, nice taste but still chicken fingers
cheese platter, Appleseed - nothing special, ok

Our Sweet favorites (top to bottom):
maple bourbon cheesecake, Cheese Studio - wonderful
Nitro truffle, Chocolate Studio - liked it better than last year's
passion fruit cheesecake, Hawaii - yummy
Belgian waffle with berry compote, Belgium - excellent
peach tart, Germany - good but nothing extraordinaire; i love peach so this was a must; enjoyed but not special

Drinks:
Pumpkin Spice frozen cocktail, Chocolate Studio - EXCELLENT
Guinness shake, Ireland - I dont drink beer AT ALL and I really enjoyed this; came in a cute 'glass' that we kept
martini slushy, France - very good, better than last year
woodshuck cider, Appleseed - good
grenade, France -good
Apple Blossoom Sky, Appleseed - better than it sounds, dont get the marshmallows, comes in a copper looking plastic cup
Kungu fu punch, China - nothing special
tropical mimosa, Shimmering Sips - too syrupy, bubbly was lost

pictures to come - sorry. (have to run out) LOL - Without my DH, I usually dug in before remembering to take pics......
Boy do I wish we were still there!! SO SO many more dishes I wanted to try.

Was your Pumpkin Spice frozen cocktail nonalcoholic?
If not, was the alcohol a strong presence?
This sounds great but I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol-intense drinks.

I booked this for myself but DH and DD are not interested. Will it be weird if I go by myself?
No. I was by myself, and I know there were at least 2 other 'singles'. I was seated at a table for 2 with another single and there was another single that was seated with a group to round out a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter