2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was your Pumpkin Spice frozen cocktail nonalcoholic?
If not, was the alcohol a strong presence?
This sounds great but I’m a bit of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol-intense drinks.
I had the alcoholic one. I didn't feel it was strong (like the margueritas). Stir it up well.
I also dont think it really contributed to the taste. I planned for my second one to be nonalcoholic, but ran out of time.

I booked this for myself but DH and DD are not interested. Will it be weird if I go by myself?

Not for nothing but I took my first solo trip last month and didn’t have a single awkward experience because I was by myself. And I did a decent amount of TS. If anything I feel like I hear about more people going solo to F&W than other times of year. Chances are you won’t be the only one at the event by yourself.

I booked this for myself but DH and DD are not interested. Will it be weird if I go by myself?

In 2017 I went to F&W solo with free dining so I did a lot of Table service. It was an amazing trip. I never felt awkward got to do everything I wanted. I also did a lot of food presentations, the Mexican tequila, a food tasting at Morimotos and PFTS. I had the greatest time no regrets.

I did the football tailgate presentation and it was fun. They did try really really hard to match up the food to some aspect of the teams. They served a Chicago dog and a chicken and waffle, but the waffle was red velvet for the Washington colors. plus a "bear paw" pastry. Beverages was two wines and a beer and the second wine was so sweet I didn't finish it. And you get a team apron to take home. You can request which team you prefer and they'll accommodate while supplies last. Don't expect hot food though.

Thanks to all the great reviews from you guys and a bit of food luck, everything single F&W item I had today was so amazing that I couldn’t pick a favorite!

Although it was so blazingly hot that I had only one alcoholic drink and primarily relied upon lots of water for hydration.

*Italian Margarita (Italy)
*Freshly Baked Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing (Hops & Barley)
*Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard (Ireland)
*Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (Canada)
*Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle (Chocolate Studio)
*Twinnings Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen (nonalcoholic) Cocktail (Chocolate Studio)

Last edited:

BTW...
Does anyone have the recipe for the Twinnings Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail from The Chocolate Studio?

I would to love to try to recreate it at home.

I searched several Disney-related recipe websites with no luck although I did find a recipe for the other drink with chai (the milkshake - not the cocktail, which looked different).

BTW...
Does anyone have the recipe for the Twinnings Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail from The Chocolate Studio?

I searched several Disney-related recipe websites with no luck although I did find a recipe for the other drink with chai (the milkshake - not the cocktail, which looked different).
I think the recipe was on the board outside the kiosk. Maybe someone could take a picture an post?? (please)
I meant to but then never did.....

BTW...

I did find this recipe, though:

Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea and Caramel Milkshake

• 16 oz vanilla ice cream
  • 3 oz boiled water
  • 2 Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Bags
  • 2 Tbsp caramel syrup
Yield: 2 servings

Pour freshly boiled water into a heatproof container. Steep 2 teabags for 3 minutes, or until desired strength. Remove teabag and discard. Chill tea.

In a blender, add ice cream, chilled tea, and caramel syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve in a glass with a straw.

For an adult twist: Add 2 oz of caramel vodka into the blended mixture or pour over the top as a floater.

I did find this recipe, though:

Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea and Caramel Milkshake

• 16 oz vanilla ice cream
  • 3 oz boiled water
  • 2 Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Bags
  • 2 Tbsp caramel syrup
Yield: 2 servings

Pour freshly boiled water into a heatproof container. Steep 2 teabags for 3 minutes, or until desired strength. Remove teabag and discard. Chill tea.

In a blender, add ice cream, chilled tea, and caramel syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve in a glass with a straw.

For an adult twist: Add 2 oz of caramel vodka into the blended mixture or pour over the top as a floater.

That one does look good too!

TIA for anyone attending that would take a photo of the Twinnings Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail recipe at The Chocolate Studio and share with us!

Has anyone seen a review of this year's Tequila Lunch? I haven't found one and really curious what the menu is this year. We go next Friday, can't wait!!

Wondering if anyone happens to know the size difference between the Mexico Food & Wine margaritas vs the ones served at La Choza/La Cava/La Cantina. I know they are smaller, but how much smaller? The drinks at La Choza are around $14-$15 and the F&W are $10-$11... thanks for any info, heading down tomorrow!

I'll be there on Tuesday if I remember I will do it.
That would be wonderful!

And I highly recommend it - delicious, especially on a hot day. I liked everything I ate that day but I would have gotten another of these if we had stayed later.

Wishing you delicious food, low crowds and cooling breezes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter