2019 Member Cruise Concierge pricing

RRB

I've got Cabin Fever, Copper Creek that is
I am interested in the 2019 Bermuda Member Cruise so I called DVC to check out "cash" pricing. We are sailing the 7 night Eastern cruise in September and wanted to compare the costs for a category "T" Concierge room. To my surprise, the Member Cruise is 70% higher than our upcoming Eastern Cruise for the same category room. I then checked the non-concierge rooms and they are right in line with the September cruise. The CM had no explanation for this. Has anyone else seen this happen? Could it be an error?

There is a definite premium for the member cruise. We never book concierge but I would expect it to be higher. Almost double though seems crazy. Unless the benefits are really fab

You could check the prices at:

https://secure.cdn2.wdpromedia.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2019MCPtCht050818.pdf

The cash price is per person based on double occupancy for the first two people, then for additional people in the stateroom, the price is based on age at the bottom.
Yep, that is where I first got the price before calling DVC to confirm. Cat T is $7,325 PP on the Members Bermuda cruise. On our September 2018 Eastern cruise, it is $4,200 PP.

Disney takes advantage of DVC members to increase their bottom line.

:earsboy: Bill

Disney takes advantage of DVC members to increase their bottom line.

What's interesting is that the other non-concierge categories are similar and in some cases lower in costs to the September cruise. Doesn't make sense

You could check the prices at:

https://secure.cdn2.wdpromedia.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2019MCPtCht050818.pdf

The cash price is per person based on double occupancy for the first two people, then for additional people in the stateroom, the price is based on age at the bottom.

Thanks for posting this. I always knew that booking cruises with points was a poor financial decision, but this chart shows the exact value that they assign for each point. According to Disney, your DVC points are only worth $7.67 each when used to book a cruise. That is lower than some yearly MFs are, so you are literally losing money by booking using points. As Bill pointed out, Disney loves their DVC members as they help make them even more money.

My understanding is that Concierge is very high demand on the member cruises, with limited staterooms. So they charge.

There is a definite premium for the member cruise. We never book concierge but I would expect it to be higher. Almost double though seems crazy. Unless the benefits are really fab

What's interesting is that the other non-concierge categories are similar and in some cases lower in costs to the September cruise. Doesn't make sense

Looking at the price chart for the 2019 7 day Bermuda cruise and comparing it to the 2018 6 day Bermuda cruise it looks to me that the Member Cruise is much higher. For 2 people:

Inside 2018 $3203-3323 Inside member cruise $5032-5646
Ocean view $3443-3623 Ocean view $5430-6458
Veranda $4583-5243 Veranda $6566-7272

I know there is one more day and a stop in Boston for the Member Cruise, but I could not justify the cost to do this myself.

I was surprised to see that the most expensive ocean view cabin is the same price as the cheapest deluxe statement with veranda.

I could only find two 5 night Bermuda cruises from New York in 2019, I am not sure why those price vary so much as they both just do round trip NY to Bermuda. It must be the 3 day weekend and DCL is charging extra.

October 12, 2019
Disney Magic
Departs New York, New York
Inside $2999.06; Oceanview $3299.06; Veranda $3899.06; Concierge $8799.06
Total Price Including Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

or

October 17, 2019
Disney Magic
Departs New York, New York
Inside $2749.06; Oceanview $2949.06; Verandah $3549.06; Concierge $6299.06
Total Price Including Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses

But these prices for the 5 night cruises are much lower than the 7 night DVC member cruise, but not much different than the 6 night 2018 cruise quoted by matheke. I understand that there will be port charges involved for Boston and most fuel used for two more days, and members are paying for all those guests lecturers and giving them a free cabin and cruise. Many of those famous guests might be in the concierge rooms too as you can't expect them to stay in the cabins entertainers aboard ships usually stay in which are on a lower level than the guests sleep.

Disney is in the business of making money, if they can charge DVC owners more for a cruise and they are still buying, they will charge even more next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter