2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

My daughter and I have a theory about the bags. For 2018, the princesses on the bags were Ariel, Belle, Tiana, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Merida, and Rapunzel. The last four were all themes for the medals (Cinderella's carriage for the challenge, Snow White for the half, Merida for the 10k, and Rapunzel for the 5k). This year the princesses on the Dooneys are Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan. The addition of Jasmine and Mulan makes us wonder if they will be on medals this time around. Aurora is way overdue, and it's time for Tiana as well. Purely speculation on our part, but it would be interesting if the bags provided a clue about the princesses used in 2019. I thought the pics of the 2018 Dooney bags were released after the medals were revealed last December, so I was surprised the 2019 bags were unveiled this early.
This is a really great theory, and I’m really interested to see what happens with it! Jasmine and Mulan make sense with the new movies coming out, and Aurora and Tiana have pretty big movie anniversaries in 2019 (January 2019 is the 60th anniversary of Sleeping Beauty, and December 2019 is the 10th anniversary of Princess and the Frog).

Sooo, my sister and I may or may not have signed up for the half tonight. ;) She lives down in Orlando so it’s easy for her but a bigger deal for me. While I booked a hotel and flights (both cancellable) a few weeks ago, I wasn’t sure if I should commit. My job situation come that time is still uncertain but hoping I can make the trip!

I really wanted to do the challenge but it just sold out within the last day. At least it saved me some money but I’m going to have major jealousy when the time comes. I wanted to run that 10K course around the Boardwalk and Epcot again. :(

If it all works out, I’ll be at All-Star Music from Thursday-Monday.

Does anyone know where to submit proof of time? I can’t find it on the website. Can’t even find where to sign in anymore.

They reimagined the runDisney website. If you scroll to the very bottom, you can 'manage account' and sign in through there. But, you'd think they would keep the regular sign in icon at the top now that it's essential for race registrations. I often wonder who designs websites and if they ever consult users before changing them.

My daughter and I have a theory about the bags. For 2018, the princesses on the bags were Ariel, Belle, Tiana, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Merida, and Rapunzel. The last four were all themes for the medals (Cinderella's carriage for the challenge, Snow White for the half, Merida for the 10k, and Rapunzel for the 5k). This year the princesses on the Dooneys are Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan. The addition of Jasmine and Mulan makes us wonder if they will be on medals this time around. Aurora is way overdue, and it's time for Tiana as well. Purely speculation on our part, but it would be interesting if the bags provided a clue about the princesses used in 2019. I thought the pics of the 2018 Dooney bags were released after the medals were revealed last December, so I was surprised the 2019 bags were unveiled this early.

I like your theory and hope you are right. I also hope Tiana is for either the 10k or Half but my luck she'd be the 5k lol cause I'm not doing that one. That happened to me for the wine and dine this year...really LOVED the 5k medal but didn't do that race. I like everyone else am ready to find out and REALLY wish Disney would be proactive and let you know the theme when you can register. Would help if you ask me but what do I know. It's the Project Manager in me I guess.

'Manage Account' is also found under 'Help & Support' in the upper right of the main page. Makes sense, right? :rolleyes:
Thanks. I’ve entered my dd’s proof of time for the challenge. I’m doing the 10k but can’t find a spot to put my proof of time. Is it not required for that race?

Thanks. I’ve entered my dd’s proof of time for the challenge. I’m doing the 10k but can’t find a spot to put my proof of time. Is it not required for that race?

Nope. Just an estimated pace for the 5K and 10K.

I had a tough time with the estimated pace since the races in kilometres, and I'm used to running in kilometres, so all my times are in kilometres... and then they go and ask for an average pace per MILE. What the heck? I actually had to set my watch to miles for a day and see what my pace was in miles. So bizarre.

It took me a while to figure out what the 19.3 meant on the challenge medals, too, because 10 km + 21.1 km (half marathon) = does not equal 19.3 km. I think it's hilarious that two races are in kilometres and the third is in miles. It's so mind-boggling. Then again, whoever made a half marathon 21.1 km and a full at 42.2 km boggles my mind too - it's not even a whole number in miles, either.

On another note, my last training run landed me on a trail with a bear. Don't worry, the bear was running off to get lunch -- which wasn't me, it was the nearby salmon. I need to get some road time in over winter -- trail running is great for stability, core, distance, and hills, but no so great for speed.

It took me a while to figure out what the 19.3 meant on the challenge medals, too, because 10 km + 21.1 km (half marathon) = does not equal 19.3 km. I think it's hilarious that two races are in kilometres and the third is in miles. It's so mind-boggling. Then again, whoever made a half marathon 21.1 km and a full at 42.2 km boggles my mind too - it's not even a whole number in miles, either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/21/sports/the-marathons-accidental-route-to-26-miles-385-yards.html

I had so much fun at W&D that I wanted to upgrade my Princess Half to the challenge but it looks sold out now - which is probably the best for my wallet, lol. Hoping I can get a magnet for Princess since they sold out for W&D.

I started in corral H for W&D but finished in 2:45 - hoping this gets me a slightly better corral!

I’ve got my POT 10K on Sunday. I’m hoping to be under 1:08 but it’s going to be close. Any tricks to keep going and pushing are welcome!

I had so much fun at W&D that I wanted to upgrade my Princess Half to the challenge but it looks sold out now - which is probably the best for my wallet, lol. Hoping I can get a magnet for Princess since they sold out for W&D.

I started in corral H for W&D but finished in 2:45 - hoping this gets me a slightly better corral!

Remember to update your estimate while entering POT so they match if needed.

Challege.... if anyone’s on the rundisney run marketplace page on FB, there are TAs who have challenge bibs. Of course, it costs even MORE, because Disney’s way of doing things is that you buy the challenge then contact them, and they refund the initlal registration minus a solid fee. Plus you have to go with the ta rules, which usually means two+ nights of hotel stay plus tickets.

But...the possibility is out there if you want it enough.

are there any Rumours on the theming? I really want to get the costumes sorted!

We never knoe until they release it.

I always assume that the theme for princess will have something to do with princesses and go from there. :)

If doing a costume go with what you want to be, not necessarily what the themes for each race will be.

Today in my 10K, the podcast I was listening to ended so I switched to music for the last two miles. I must have hit the full list not my running playlist. I finished to Beauty and the Beast. Maybe not speed inspiring, but funnily fitting!

I am debating on my hotel decision for the princess half. I have a reservation at the Contemporary with a theme park view but the cost is making me feel guilty. Has anyone stayed there before during a race? Is the cost worth it, ie - the food, convenience, comfort, view, etc? I am debating between the Contemporary (have never stayed out) and POR or PORFQ (have stayed at both). No worries if not, just thought I would throw this out there.

I am debating on my hotel decision for the princess half. I have a reservation at the Contemporary with a theme park view but the cost is making me feel guilty. Has anyone stayed there before during a race? Is the cost worth it, ie - the food, convenience, comfort, view, etc? I am debating between the Contemporary (have never stayed out) and POR or PORFQ (have stayed at both). No worries if not, just thought I would throw this out there.

I've never stayed at the Contemporary, but I was up at California Grill for brunch after W&D half with some DIS folks and then again for the fireworks and view is AMAZING. Makes me want to stay there with a theme park view just to watch the fireworks every night.

I’ve stayed at both POR and CR before races that start at Epcot. POR isn’t bad but I really like the monorail ride to the start. The biggest issue with contemp is the transfer at ttc to the resort monorail. Depending on when you finish that area can be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter