2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Are you doing the challenge and they are doing only the half? That would be a reason if so.

No we’re all just doing the half ‍♀️
I sent in an email, but am not really expecting a response.

A little peaved with my corral placement...I’m running with 3 other gals, we all registered without a proof of time but with an estimate of 2:45 but the other 3 were placed in F and I’m in H. I know they are allowed to move back but that seems unfair to them since we all know there’s probably a 20-30 min difference between those two options. Has anyone had success with getting their bib changed this late?

What does it show for finish time in your registration in your RunDisney account? Double check that you selected 2:45-3:00. If it truly is an error it couldn’t hurt to email track shack with a screen shot. Even though those are not POT corrals they might be generous and change it for you. disneysports@trackshack.com

We landed in C as expected. Not bad for my first real race but one day I want to get in B! And solely because I hear the crowds are worse the further back you are. Hoping c isn’t too bad!

C isn’t bad at all. Lines are usually quick as long as you aren’t flat out walking and stay ahead of the corrals that are released behind you. I stopped for 9 photos and all the mile markers during Wine & Dine and finished in 2:22:53 with an extra .33 miles on my watch.

Is C still the highest corral that men can start in ?
C isn’t bad at all. Lines are usually quick as long as you aren’t flat out walking and stay ahead of the corrals that are released behind you. I stopped for 9 photos and all the mile markers during Wine & Dine and finished in 2:22:53 with an extra .33 miles on my watch.

Wow, what was your moving pace for that?

What does it show for finish time in your registration in your RunDisney account? Double check that you selected 2:45-3:00. If it truly is an error it couldn’t hurt to email track shack with a screen shot. Even though those are not POT corrals they might be generous and change it for you. disneysports@trackshack.com
After proof of time date passes they remove anything that you could edit before, so she wouldn't be able to see it anymore.

Is C still the highest corral that men can start in ?
I thought they changed it so men could start in any corral now.

Looks like I'm in corral F as well. Is anyone concerned that they have ~ 6000 half bibs and ~3000 challenge bibs in F??? Espically when you look at E with only 1000 half and 1000 challenge? Or G with 3000 half and 1000 challenge? I feel like whatever mystery formula they use to place people needs to be reformulated.

Does anyone know which pace groups will be in which corrals? I want to use my last few runs to prepare for the intervals they use.

Is C still the highest corral that men can start in

I’m pretty sure they stopped that discriminatory nonsense a couple years ago.

Looks like I'm in corral F as well. Is anyone concerned that they have ~ 6000 half bibs and ~3000 challenge bibs in F??? Espically when you look at E with only 1000 half and 1000 challenge? Or G with 3000 half and 1000 challenge? I feel like whatever mystery formula they use to place people needs to be reformulated.

They’ve been doing it like that for a couple years now. I assume it’s working for them or they would go back to multiple corrals.

They’ve been doing it like that for a couple years now. I assume it’s working for them or they would go back to multiple corrals.

So F is always super crowded compared to the others? I've always done the 10Ks and the corrals always seem to be more even.

Still deals from travel agencies for this weekend. I just saw one that is a buy one get one deal available until 2/8/19.

^ What Jenna said.

I was talking to a friend today who is going down for race weekend (she and her mom are doing the 5K and her sister is doing the half). That conversation made me reaaalllly want to sign up. Sigh. Stupid work. I'm super jealous of all of you who will be down there - make sure to have lots of fun for me!

Long time lurker who is looking forward to my first Disney run in a few weeks. Doing the Princess Half with my wife and daughter. I appreciate all the useful tips and information on here. Reading trip reports and seeing pictures from past runs is getting us very excited.

As a man starting in A, I can confirm that past restrictions on corral placement have been removed. I had read about these and was expecting to be in B.

So F is always super crowded compared to the others? I've always done the 10Ks and the corrals always seem to be more even.

Since they lowered the number of corrals, yes. When they had more, there were something like 3 corrals with the same estimated time. Then they compressed it and put all those 2:46-3:00 people into one gigantic corral.

But now they do the mini waves, which spreads it back out.

Hi! Thanks for all the amazing information. First timer with 3 friends. How do the mini waves work? I’m in corral D and we’re either all in D together or they will drop back from C to run with me. Thanks!

For bib pick up...My 10 year old is doing the 5k with me. I already printed out her waiver and I’m all set there. Does she need to be with me to pick up her bib, even though she won’t have ID? Or can I get hers without her being present? I wasn’t sure if the rules were different for minors and the guidance online doesn’t really say anything explicit about minors, other than a parent needing to sign their waiver.

I’d like to be able to send her and DH to a park while I do the Expo and bib pickup.

For bib pick up...My 10 year old is doing the 5k with me. I already printed out her waiver and I’m all set there. Does she need to be with me to pick up her bib, even though she won’t have ID? Or can I get hers without her being present? I wasn’t sure if the rules were different for minors

You will be able to pick up your daughter's bib. According to the event guide, "Guests cannot pick up a race bib for another runner unless they are a minor."

Hi! Thanks for all the amazing information. First timer with 3 friends. How do the mini waves work? I’m in corral D and we’re either all in D together or they will drop back from C to run with me. Thanks!
The mini waves are just within the corral. They'll divide the corral then and there for the mini waves, so you won't really know which one you are in if you are the middle areas within the corral. Nobody really knows ahead of time how many mini waves there will be in each corral. It could be the same as they did for January half if you can find someone that kept track and posted it. I feel like I read mini waves went off every 2 minutes in the half in Jan., but I could be remembering wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter