2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

This is really not 'Food and Wine' as most of us know it. Understandably, but I kinda wish they hadn't marketed it as such with no demonstrations or events ( I assume) and a limited set of booths. This leans more towards being a continuation of Flower and Garden and they could have just kept it at that. We'll likely go anyway, just because it's tradition at this point and we got a good deal on a room at Pop.

I wish I was going - the menus are making me hungry! Even without the demonstrations and events - I usually do those only sparsely anyway and focus more on the food booths. Saw several of my returning favorite dishes, but I'm not planning on being back to WDW until January

I've been trying to look closely at the drone shots by bioreconstruct (Twitter) to see what booths are up.. it looks like there are all of the ones from flower and Garden, plus one in the India location on the bridge between China and the Outpost.

Flavors from Fire NEEDS TO BE THERE!! I want my steakhouse blended burger....🤩
:sad1:

This is really not 'Food and Wine' as most of us know it. Understandably, but I kinda wish they hadn't marketed it as such with no demonstrations or events ( I assume) and a limited set of booths. This leans more towards being a continuation of Flower and Garden and they could have just kept it at that. We'll likely go anyway, just because it's tradition at this point and we got a good deal on a room at Pop.

I mean they’re literally calling it “A Taste of Food & Wine” and said it would be a little mashup of the two, not sure how else they could have changed the marketing. They couldn’t have kept it as just a continuation of F&G because they won’t have all the topiaries.

Appreciate them trying to salvage parts of the festival and good to see some favorites, but so much missing. Understandable under the circumstances, but a much different experience this year.

Seems most of the specialty booths are gone other than Earth Eats. No Flavors from Fire (Steakhouse Blended Burger, Chimichurri Steak), Chocolate Studio (Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle - just not sure those liquid nitro cake pops they're offering are going to do it), Cheese Studio (Maple Boursin Cheesecake), Wine & Dine Studio (Scallops, Butternut Squash Ravioli), Coastal Eats, Donut Box or Active Eats.

No Australia, Alps, India, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Greece, or Thailand (just looking at last year's lineup).

Glad to see the duck confit make the cut in France - but no Croissant aux Escargot?? No duck confit poutine either at Refreshment Port (just the normal poutine). Very little seafood other than shrimp (and a couple of offerings in Japan) - both Hawaii and Citrus Blossom had fantastic tuna offerings in the past, but neither offering anything in this festival. Also noticed not too many beef offerings. Assume sourcing and cost might be the problem for a lot of these choices (and explain the absence of the very popular Flavors from Fire).

I'll give it a go and some things I'm looking forward to, but very scaled down even with lowered expectations.

Will be interesting to find out what the end date for the festival will be. It could be extended to the end of the year if they decide to cancel the candlelight processional.
Has the end date been announced? The Search function isn’t working for me on the DIS today.

We'll miss Belgium for sure and no scallops from Canada. I'm happy for the mimosa bar though!

What is that app for the Ecpot festivals? I need to download it again.
The one I use is WDW Food&Wine. It's not official (i.e. not endorsed by / run by Disney) but I really like it. And they've already updated with 2020 items!

Is there any word yet on the end date for this year?
Has the end date been announced? The Search function isn’t working for me on the DIS today.

I don't believe it has been. It runs "through fall."

We'll miss Belgium for sure and no scallops from Canada. I'm happy for the mimosa bar though!

What is that app for the Ecpot festivals? I need to download it again.
The one I use is WDW Food&Wine. It's not official (i.e. not endorsed by / run by Disney) but I really like it. And they've already updated with 2020 items!

This!! It's easy to navigate and I've used it for the past 3 years as well. I had it all ready to go when I was originally going to F&G (May, rescheduled to Sept for F&W)...I love that it has always updated per festival, and you can switch between them. :)

No end date has been announced. I'm guessing it would end in time for the holidays in November and December. Usually some of the booths are changed and offer more holiday themed food and beverages.

Appreciate them trying to salvage parts of the festival and good to see some favorites, but so much missing. Understandable under the circumstances, but a much different experience this year.

Seems most of the specialty booths are gone other than Earth Eats. No Flavors from Fire (Steakhouse Blended Burger, Chimichurri Steak), Chocolate Studio (Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle - just not sure those liquid nitro cake pops they're offering are going to do it), Cheese Studio (Maple Boursin Cheesecake), Wine & Dine Studio (Scallops, Butternut Squash Ravioli), Coastal Eats, Donut Box or Active Eats.

No Australia, Alps, India, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Greece, or Thailand (just looking at last year's lineup).

Glad to see the duck confit make the cut in France - but no Croissant aux Escargot?? No duck confit poutine either at Refreshment Port (just the normal poutine). Very little seafood other than shrimp (and a couple of offerings in Japan) - both Hawaii and Citrus Blossom had fantastic tuna offerings in the past, but neither offering anything in this festival. Also noticed not too many beef offerings. Assume sourcing and cost might be the problem for a lot of these choices (and explain the absence of the very popular Flavors from Fire).

I'll give it a go and some things I'm looking forward to, but very scaled down even with lowered expectations.

I don't know what menus you are looking at but on the WDW site they have seafood at Citrus Blossom, Africa, Hops&Barley, Japan, Lobster Mac & Cheese, Fisherman's Pie,-I may have missed one or two. and they have the nitro pops.

I am of the opinion that a "taste of Epcot International Food & Wine" is better than none. I am not going to complain about what they don't have and I look forward to enjoying everything there. I personally look forward to hummus fries, filet, and so much more. Hey and it is starting in JULY !!! So, it is lasting longer-well, hopefully it will still be going on in September when we go.

If you check out the new section they put on the MDE app, you’ll see all of the menus and maps for each booth... four of them will be located in the events center between the U.K. and Canada pavilions!

I'm not sure what to think of having four of the booths in World Showplace. First, that pretty much confirms there will be no special events (demos, wine tastings, etc.). I think we suspected it and makes sense but … :sad1: I adore the idea of air conditioning in the summer and early fall. But an enclosed space during the pandemic is something I'll probably be trying to avoid, at least in the next few months - although I suppose it's not different than a restaurant (not sure of my plans in terms of table service dining yet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter