• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2020 Military Salute: Child When Purchased But Now He's 10

TexanInTheMidwest

DIS Veteran
Back in January 2020, we did a big family trip. We purchased for our nephews a Military Salute 6-day Hopper Ticket. The boys used 3 days of their tickets in Jan. 2020. With the closures, the new expiration date on any remaining days for the 2020 Military Salute Tickets is Sept 19th.

Originally, my SIL and the nephews (along with her DH who didn't do the big family trip) were going to do a Spring Break of late Summer 2020 trip and use the remaining das. I want to remind my SIL that they still have 3 days left on their tickets but want to be 100% informed - just in case they want to take advantage of having 3 days of tickets sometime before September and make a trip.

So, the youngest was 8 when we purchased the ticket. He has now had 2 birthdays and is 10 as of March 2021. Is his ticket still good?

THANKS for any input/ information!

I'd call Disney about it and check. It may not be fine since he's now considered an adult for ticket media. I'm not sure how the Military Salute tickets are set up and if they can be upgraded or not.

I'd call Disney about it and check. It may not be fine since he's now considered an adult for ticket media. I'm not sure how the Military Salute tickets are set up and if they can be upgraded or not.

There was like a $20 difference in adult VS child for the military ticket - but beyond securing it I didn't pay a lot of attention since I was planning the trip for 21 of us.

And, honestly, I trying to avoid a long hold at Disney (especially since SO many of the phone calls now bounce out to a call center that's not AT Disney) and man of the people here seem to know more than the phone employees.

I wonder if Shades of Green would know?

They have already stated they will honor expiration date extended child tickets where the child has aged out during the closure. No need to do anything. What matters is the age of the child when the ticket was purchased and first used.

They have already stated they will honor expiration date extended child tickets where the child has aged out during the closure. No need to do anything. What matters is the age of the child when the ticket was purchased and first used.

Thank you! Then I can email my SIL with a guilt-free conscious!

A red flag: The number of dollars needed to rejuvenate a now nontransferable child (3-9) pass should not be greater than the number of dollars needed to rejuvenate a similarly circumstanced adult (10+) pass.

In case of discrepancy, see Guest Relations.

A red flag: The number of dollars needed to rejuvenate a now nontransferable child (3-9) pass should not be greater than the number of dollars needed to rejuvenate a similarly circumstanced adult (10+) pass.

In case of discrepancy, see Guest Relations.

I am not understanding "A Red Flag" here. Can you please explain?

WDW does not punish a child for having a birthday. The ticket was originally used by that child when under age 10; the remaining entitlements can be used by that child even after the 10th birthday. I hope they get to squeeze in another trip this summer!

WDW does not punish a child for having a birthday. The ticket was originally used by that child when under age 10; the remaining entitlements can be used by that child even after the 10th birthday. I hope they get to squeeze in another trip this summer!

Thank you, @lanejudy - and I agree - I am hoping they can squeeze in a trip before they expire!

Back in January 2020, we did a big family trip. We purchased for our nephews a Military Salute 6-day Hopper Ticket. The boys used 3 days of their tickets in Jan. 2020. With the closures, the new expiration date on any remaining days for the 2020 Military Salute Tickets is Sept 19th.

Originally, my SIL and the nephews (along with her DH who didn't do the big family trip) were going to do a Spring Break of late Summer 2020 trip and use the remaining das. I want to remind my SIL that they still have 3 days left on their tickets but want to be 100% informed - just in case they want to take advantage of having 3 days of tickets sometime before September and make a trip.

So, the youngest was 8 when we purchased the ticket. He has now had 2 birthdays and is 10 as of March 2021. Is his ticket still good?

THANKS for any input/ information!
The Military Salute 6 day Hoppers did not have adult vs. child tickets. They were all the same. So there really is nothing to worry about as there were not age differentiations on the ticket. (Not that there would be anything to worry about because as mentioned Disney doesn't penalize children for having a birthday)

The Military Salute 6 day Hoppers did not have adult vs. child tickets. They were all the same. So there really is nothing to worry about as there were not age differentiations on the ticket. (Not that there would be anything to worry about because as mentioned Disney doesn't penalize children for having a birthday)

It's been so long since I bought them (Sept 2019!) that I forgot that - I just remember having to put everyone's age and denote child/adult (and since I have an Annual Pass..)

THANKS!!!

We had non expiring tickets purchased when my granddaughter was under 10. We went to the customer service center and they converted it to an adult ticket with no additional cost.

This is what I was going to say...there's no difference with salute tix...all the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter