• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

Ok, looks like its drinks and snacks for the win! I would say lets try for this on friday, incase the kiddos want to go to the outsode pool movie on thursday. Tennitive time of 630 / 7 good? We can pick a campsite when it gets closer. You are all welcome at mine. Or we can go to somwone else's. No problem! Ill bring extra tables and stuff in case.

Ok, looks like its drinks and snacks for the win! I would say lets try for this on friday, incase the kiddos want to go to the outsode pool movie on thursday. Tennitive time of 630 / 7 good? We can pick a campsite when it gets closer. You are all welcome at mine. Or we can go to somwone else's. No problem! Ill bring extra tables and stuff in case.

I think the day/time sounds good and that this is a good starting point 👍

I will be bringing my toy box (enclosed trailer) so I have requested a stupid large site. If that is what I get, we can use mine as snack/drink central

Questions for those who have been here before. I have a dilemma.
When originally booking they asked how many on the site, we said 4.
DW was looking at website for site map and noticed something so she called.
My chidren are 19 and 23, apparently as adults there is an extra fee, OK I understand that.
$18 per day, per person?
Also was going to add MIL but only allowed 4 people per site.
So are wristbands only needed for pool?
Do they actually check to see how many people on site, we are traveling with friends so could easily switch MIL to their reservation if need be.
Any help appreciated

Never been , but i dont see how they can check your campsite for people short of waking you in the middle of the night to see whos there. I wouldn't sweat it.

When originally booking they asked how many on the site, we said 4.
My chidren are 19 and 23, apparently as adults there is an extra fee, OK I understand that.

Also was going to add MIL but only allowed 4 people per site.
So are wristbands only needed for pool?
Do they actually check to see how many people on site, we are traveling with friends so could easily switch MIL to their reservation if need be.
Any help appreciated

From my observations, the wrist bands are for the pool and have your site number and check out date on them, and have to be worn for your entire stay. They are also color coded. Adults have one color and children have another. I was never asked by someone to see my band, you wear it on your left wrist so the pool attendant can glance at it when you enter the pool.

Other than checking in was never asked how many people where in our party.

1E3BC1A2-C964-4BB4-BE06-03FED0C84E28.jpeg

Thinking about our get together... I was realizing that now might not be the time when everyone feels comfy with however many different people putting their hand into the potato chip bowl (and so on and so forth), so was wondering about people’s ideas in snacks? Individual wrapped options as an idea? Drinks are easy, obviously. Just trying to get an idea as to what everyone is thinking/feeling in the current climate. I believe how ever many of us there are will be well within NY state’s (current) gathering group size so that we won’t upset the campground folks. Didn’t notice any campground rule/restriction at this point. Anyway, just thinking as I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable meeting others.

Chime in thoughts or ideas.

For us kind of a non issue. We will brink masks if people want us to ware them but were past this stuff a bit. Even after seeing it all. We can bring some hand wipes if people want them. Or sanitizer. Let me know. I can make something or just hets bags of chips and crap also. I dont think the campground cares. Did you see there posted sign in there other property? Lol. I'll see if i can find it!

Someone posted this for there newhampsire review. View attachment 514981
Didn’t see that sign from NH. I figure people will bring/wear masks if they want to, distance, etc which is all fine.... I was more just thinking along lines of food/snacking type stuff in case anyone was wary of common hands in common food... but that was why I was kind of curious of what anyone else in the group was thinking.

We here in the midwest are kinda of the mindset we will go with the flow. We will wear masks if necessary and if others would like us to. As far as snacks, thats a good point. We can use tongs and disposable silverware so that might help. We are open and will be prepared for all situations, cuz we're on vacation, yah!

I didn’t know they told you ahead of time there....?

I suppose they could tell you since they are apparently all ready assigned, but of course they would also say that is subject to change until you check in, too, I imagine...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter