2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

My nephew lives in Connecticut ( a state doing well with COVID 19) and this past weekend went to Vermont to camp. The owners would not allow him into the campground. They told him he would have to self-quarantine for two weeks before they would let him in.

My point-maybe someone should call Mouse Hillock and check out their policy? Just a thought.

I here everything is open up there. Another person from the pop up board has booked for that reason. Things can change ,but i think your good!

I'm sorry-let me clarify. The campground my nephew went to was open. The owners would not let him in because he was from out-of-state. It's the out-of-state part that would worry me.

There are 5 counties in northern NY that we, Vermont can go to and they can come to VT. without quarantine. Not sure on what other out of staters are suppose to do.

I just got off the phone with Moose, and was told by a very pleasant lady that they are not restricting people from other states to come and camp. No quarantine or anything.

Yeah... they took all my info (which included address, etc) and said nothing about restrictions... which you have now verified 👍

I think we may try a river tubing trip during our visit... they look to be 2-3 hours in length... also, my wife’s cousin and her husband went to Lake George every year and on her recommendation we are going to check out restaurant called “Log Jam”.

Ok so, for tubing, they have float down the river tube trip, or 6 per boat "whitewater rafting " both are in lake luzerne or on the way there.. Tubby tubes is the oldest float down the river place. There is another big one also, but i forget the name
Both are good.
Log jam is good, but they get packed quickly. So reservations if you can. There are a ton of good resturaunts in the area, Adirondack pub and grill( if you like microbrews) they sell there beer all over lake george. Up river cafe, in lake luzerne is worth a drive also. Keep in mind that the food quality changes almost every year due to most places only open sesonaly. And if you can, ms b best ( like a Roy Rodger's of old), sells a good hot roast beef sandwich with tator tots ( good for lunch) . Those places i go to every time i vist. And dont forget the mini golf in lake george, the main one around the world golf. They have some free parking for that also. There are fireworks( forgot the day) everyweek over lake george also.

Ok, and to add , prospect mountian drive is a good vantage point for pictures, woth a few hours if looking for something to do. And don't forget they have a drive in "the glen " doubble feature pay by the person. Just dont stay for both movies, you'll regret it. If going bring your own cooler and adult beverages.

Wow I have not been keeping up on things since I have been doing Trailer stuff. Had a great weekend with the family and hung out on the river. It was nice. Anyway, Keep it coming along. Looks like a nice group coming together. My wife and I are still figuring things out for our vacation as this is only one part. I have 2 weeks booked at work but I might have to cut it short but I might not all due to work no less.. Long story. It will take at least a 6 pack to explain and another 6 pack dealing with it. LoL. When our Northeast Dis meet gets closer, we should figure some more planned out. Otherwise I think it will be wise for our recon man Snowmedic check it all out and see what can be had and what can be done. This will make the planning a bit easier.

Wow I have not been keeping up on things since I have been doing Trailer stuff. Had a great weekend with the family and hung out on the river. It was nice. Anyway, Keep it coming along. Looks like a nice group coming together. My wife and I are still figuring things out for our vacation as this is only one part. I have 2 weeks booked at work but I might have to cut it short but I might not all due to work no less.. Long story. It will take at least a 6 pack to explain and another 6 pack dealing with it. LoL. When our Northeast Dis meet gets closer, we should figure some more planned out. Otherwise I think it will be wise for our recon man Snowmedic check it all out and see what can be had and what can be done. This will make the planning a bit easier.

I agree...it might be nice if one evening (as seems to be the camping DISmeet tradition) we were able to all gather in one spot for a little while at least...whether it's for dinner, or a more informal snacks and stuff, or if it's just bring some drinks and have some hang out time. I know we will likely do the river tubing, so if others wanted to join or figure out a time together, would be welcome. I think a pool cabana may have been mentioned as well. In any case, one planned get together time surrounded by other "chance meetings", informal walk by the site chit chats, or meet ups for activities that interest a few people together seems the way to go. I am open to all ideas. (Wish I had Ed's cool puzzle box that keeps it all together when you put it away...)

We're in. Just booked 9th thru 16th. Been a while since we stayed at Lake George.
Nice!
Also, Welcome to the Camping Board!! :welcome:

Lot’s of great topics and friendly folks here, so hope we will see you around on here as well! Looking forward to the meet:cool1:

I agree...it might be nice if one evening (as seems to be the camping DISmeet tradition) we were able to all gather in one spot for a little while at least...whether it's for dinner, or a more informal snacks and stuff, or if it's just bring some drinks and have some hang out time. I know we will likely do the river tubing, so if others wanted to join or figure out a time together, would be welcome. I think a pool cabana may have been mentioned as well. In any case, one planned get together time surrounded by other "chance meetings", informal walk by the site chit chats, or meet ups for activities that interest a few people together seems the way to go. I am open to all ideas. (Wish I had Ed's cool puzzle box that keeps it all together when you put it away...)

Figured I should say that obviously this would/could occur in a socially responsible way that is comfortable for all involved...

We're in. Just booked 9th thru 16th. Been a while since we stayed at Lake George.

It occurred to me afterward that your online name seemed possibly familiar... after looking at your past postings I did see that you have been around the camping board before. However, rather than retract my welcome, I will just say welcome back :teeth:

I still might go, i may have to cancle delaware as we now have a 2 week isolation thing in nj if i go. This would be enforced at my job and i would loose sick time. Ill wait to see when i get back from Hershey next week.

Here now and just a piece of advice, remember what you paid for it, bring leveling blocks! The sites aren’t that level. I have seen some travel trailers with there hitches almost touching the ground and others about about 3 feet off the ground. I have some 3 inch hard wood that I put under my leveling pads and I’m still not level. I don’t want to lift my wheels of the ground for fear of a weld not holding and having another jack fall off ( that is what happened to my friend when I bought it,) haven’t had it fixed yet so I have a bottle jack in it’s place.

I was talking with DW while at the pool today, as you can see there are no umbrellas or anything to give you shade from the sun while at the pool.
ECC85E38-450E-4F41-BAC2-A2F9AB7D3C52.jpeg

0F3BD5CC-66B2-4DBE-8CFF-193C273A5F3A.jpeg

C8D44275-6D97-4C7E-BDEE-E3AC03C409F3.jpeg

I mentioned that if we each picked a separate day and rented a cabana that would give use some place to get out of the sun while there. Here’s a example in case your not following: I would rent one on Wednesday, some one else for Thursday and so on , then we could all share the cabana ( sure we all wouldn’t be at the pool at the same time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter