• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2020 Watch??

Quite surprised at how many Fantasy cruises were cut down to five days or less!

We were holding out for quotes for any Norway/Iceland itineraries -- just disappointed that the one itinerary is only 10-nights instead of 12 or 14 with more ports.

Put in for quotes for the 8/13, 8/20 and 8/30. Maybe putting together a back-2-back, but prices will make that decision feasible. We shall see. We're platinum, so I'll know by Monday.

We have a 14-night booked on Princess for a similar itinerary, but love the fact that Disney sails into Dover! Would love to see the cliffs, but pretty sure Princess will end up cheaper for a longer cruise.

Last edited:
If I’m following this correctly- prices will be available to see whenever your booking window open up? Is that right?

Until general booking opens, you have to get prices over the phone. Unless something has changed very recently, you have to call for reservations.

We are first time DCL cruisers and were looking to book 7 night Fantasy in July 2020.

With many of the cruises in August being cut to 3-4 days, I'm assuming there will be more demand for the July 7-nighters. Hopefully there's still decent selection for us come March 7th.

Quite surprised at how many Fantasy cruises were cut down to five days or less!

We were holding out for quotes for any Norway/Iceland itineraries -- just disappointed that the one itinerary is only 10-nights instead of 12 or 14 with more ports.

Put in for quotes for the 8/13, 8/20 and 8/30. Maybe putting together a back-2-back, but prices will make that decision feasible. We shall see. We're platinum, so I'll know by Monday.

We have a 14-night booked on Princess for a similar itinerary, but love the fact that Disney sails into Dover! Would love to see the cliffs, but pretty sure Princess will end up cheaper for a longer cruise.

As others pointed out, looks like the Dream probably has a dry dock and the shorter cruises are bigger money makers so the Fantasy looks to be taking over those for that time.

I can appreciate that - my son is 8 and between his school schedule and my work schedule, our vacation time is limited. 4 and 5 night sailings tend to require as much time off as a Sat - Sat sailing, so I would prefer a longer cruise if given the choice. (All that being said, the Fantasy is our least favorite ship and the East/West itineraries aren't exciting for us, so we really have no skin in this game, but interesting changes nonetheless.)

Hey can you tell me why that is was shooting for that to be the next ship we try. PM if you have to..

Hey can you tell me why that is was shooting for that to be the next ship we try. PM if you have to..

We were really looking forward to completing our Grand Slam on the Fantasy, but we walked away underwhelmed. Overall, we found the service to be lacking. The MDRs were insane every night - dishes crashing, servers sprinting around and running into each other. Our room host was absent, so much so that I had to track down another host down the hall to ask for replenished toiletries (he begrudgingly gave me some after telling me to find my own room host). My guess is that there are too few CMs and they're spread too thin. Certainly, they were all working very hard, but it was nowhere near as seamless as we've seen it on the other ships. We also felt that the shows were meh, at best. That being said, we enjoyed many rides on the AquaDuck at night - that was fun!

We were really looking forward to completing our Grand Slam on the Fantasy, but we walked away underwhelmed. Overall, we found the service to be lacking. The MDRs were insane every night - dishes crashing, servers sprinting around and running into each other. Our room host was absent, so much so that I had to track down another host down the hall to ask for replenished toiletries (he begrudgingly gave me some after telling me to find my own room host). My guess is that there are too few CMs and they're spread too thin. Certainly, they were all working very hard, but it was nowhere near as seamless as we've seen it on the other ships. We also felt that the shows were meh, at best. That being said, we enjoyed many rides on the AquaDuck at night - that was fun!

OK Definitely understandably I've only been on one ship prior to this Dream and the service was amazing. It's the reason why I'm willing to go ahead and fork the extra money although I've only been on Carnival before that and the service was great just hit or miss and not seamless depending on the ship.

I have a Magic cruise booked for November looking forward to it but then wanted to try Fantasy after...

I'm interested in Greece and Norway but it will come down to price. I know I can do Greece on RCL for probably 1/2 of what the Disney rates will be.... I need to sit down tonight and really look over things I guess.

I'm sailing on a 9-night Greek Isles cruise on Jewel of the Seas this October. Yes, Royal Caribbean will probably cost a lot less than Disney.

I'll be on an RCI Transatlantic cruise in May 2020, so I can't take the Magic's on May 11. I'll also be on another RCI TA in Nov. 2020, but the Wonder's Eastbound Panama Canal cruise in fall 2020 might be a possibility.

No 5 night Alaska for next season, either? We just took that one this past summer and it was great. Just enough for us and not overly expensive.

For Europe, it is going to be interesting to see which of the 12-night Greek Isles or the 11-night Northern Europe will be the most expensive for Summer 2020. Most likely Northern Europe due to quasi perfect timing and but Greek Islands may be popular due to the fact that DCL has not been there in a while (shore excursions though will definitely be more expensive for Northern Europe). Somewhat out of contention this year is the Scotland/Iceland/Norway crowd - the end date will mean that school will have resumed in many places and the one night in Iceland is a tad short. Also, when we where there last summer a few days earlier, some of the "summer" activities had already wrapped up. For me, the June 23rd Greek Isles is likely what I'll go for but might consider the August Northern Europe cruise as well...

Looks like we'll probably do the 7 night, August 13 Northern European cruise out of Copenhagen as our kids don't start school until August 24 (yeah!).

I would have liked to do the 8 night, August 5 cruise that stops for 2 days in St. Petersburg but I have a feeling that cruise is going to be at least 25% more expensive than the August 13 cruise that only stops for 1 day in St. Petersburg (and with Disney's recent YOY increases over already high prices, the August 13 cruise will probably provide more than enough sticker shock).

I would have liked to see Disney add Oslo to it's Northern European iteneraries that sail out of Copenhagen and already include St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm, and Helsinki. My parents did a cruise that included all of those ports on Princess and they said that Oslo was their second favorite port after St. Petersburg. That being said, a Disney cruise with that itinerary would've tempted me to go way over my budget so it's probably a good thing they didn't offer it.

If we book anything for next summer, this is the one we are looking at as well. I was also hoping for an overnight stop in St. Petersburg but like you said, I think the 8 night will be a lot more (just for one more night). These dates work well for us as our kids go back to school the day after our Labour day, plus my husband likes to take some time off in August each year (along with other weeks) so this could work nicely, bookending the trip with time in Copenhagen before and after. This will be my first time booking as gold (woohoo) but I have a placeholder so still need to call in :rolleyes2

I find the 5-night cruises with the Fantasy in September an interesting change. The September cruises are usually lower in price to start with, and historically available with an FL resident rate. We haven't been on the Fantasy yet, but want to cruise her for the ship, not the ports (Western, been there, done that, and other cruise lines have more interesting itineraries for the Eastern), plus they are relatively expensive. So a 5 night might just be in our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter