2020 Watch??

Is there a way to get notified if the scheduled Dream dry dock doesn't happen right away and they open itineraries the first week of October

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, I assume we will not find out pricing until we call in to make a reservation? We've done one cruise and put a placeholder down, so we get to book one day earlier, but was hoping to see what prices were for these new openings.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, I assume we will not find out pricing until we call in to make a reservation? We've done one cruise and put a placeholder down, so we get to book one day earlier, but was hoping to see what prices were for these new openings.
People who are Platinum will be posting on here open day prices and then Gold and then Silver. So you can keep an eye on that to get an idea. They will also have a requests thread that you can put which cruise you'd like someone to check on for you.

If you are planning a land trip in that area, I highly recommend the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. We took a small group private tour on our Sydney stop. We could only do part of the trail due to time constraints, but the scenery was incredible - especially in the fall. We've been to a lot of beautiful places over the years, but this was special. We definitely plan on returning by car and driving the entire trail. The other highlights for us were Quebec City (basically a trip to Europe without having to cross the pond) and Acadia National Park in Maine. Everyone should see the view from the top of Cadillac Mountain at some point in their life!

We were on NCL for our second cruise to the area and it went to a lot more places than DCL did. I think if DCL really wanted to give that area another shot, they need to add ports and maybe length (ours was a 12 night cruise).

Thank you!! Im definitely going to put this in my notes for when we get super serious. Next year it is looking more likely..! :sunny:

We'll be trying to compile them here as people share them on opening day:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...fall-2020-magic-wonder-dream-fantasy.3753351/

For the western Magic TA in 2017, the issue actually was a concern that the hurricane might affect New York, not NFLD. We ported into NY a day early and it turns out we would have been fine. I was also on the 2015 Eastern TA and missed NFLD as well. Very disappointing. I am Canadian but it is the one province I have not been to except for a short layover on a flight to the UK.

You still have to call. It's a PITA and I hope sometime soon they figure out how we can book online with a placeholder.
If it’s a cruise I really,really want I’ve booked online and let them refund me my placeholder. It’s only $200/&250 so I’m not going to let a few hundred dollars come between me and getting what I want! (And spending HOURS on the phone!)

If it’s a cruise I really,really want I’ve booked online and let them refund me my placeholder. It’s only $200/&250 so I’m not going to let a few hundred dollars come between me and getting what I want! (And spending HOURS on the phone!)

Plus you loose the onboard benefits so 10% discount and onboard credit. This can be substantial for some people and is why I use a TA for my placeholders as then they get to spend hours online but I still get the onboard booking values.

Plus you loose the onboard benefits so 10% discount and onboard credit. This can be substantial for some people and is why I use a TA for my placeholders as then they get to spend hours online but I still get the onboard booking values.
That’s a good point! Unfortunately I’m too anal to leave my vacation planning to someone else. If I’m doing the res online myself then I can make any snap decisions , if needed. If I have to wait to hear from a TA to ask if I want A or B because Something is no longer available or they make a decision on my behalf and it turns out to be wrong, I would not be happy! And in reading this website over the years, this has happened to people!

On the Magic's May 2015 Transatlantic - St. John's, Newfoundland and Reykjavik, Iceland were changed last minute due to ICEBERGS near NL! The replacement ports were Halifax and Stavanger, Norway.

I'm hoping that with the early October sailing, there won't be icebergs yet (fingers crossed). But who am I kidding -- the pricing will probably have me not book this anyway LOL

I was hoping to see Hawaii for September. Would May 2021 normally be included in the next release? And if so, when historically has that been? Maybe they will do Hawaii again May 2021 since they seem to have sold well for 2020.

I’m planning on doing the NYC to San Juan, is this one special/ exotic? It seemed to have a very reasonable price last year

We did this one a few years ago and are doing it again this year. I think we got a great deal for this year's but it's only a 5 night. I'm looking at next year's again - it's a week earlier than this year's (which is better for us), it's 6 nights, AND it's a Very Merrytime Cruise. Win-win-win! :-)

We're Gold. Last release I got on the phone at 6:30am Pacific (9:30am eastern) and waited about 8 minutes to book my cruise using my placeholder. I think it really is luck of the draw as to how long you are on the phone, sometimes you wait minutes, sometimes it's hours.

Me too. We have to use our placeholder by Oct 11. I was hoping for another Oct 7 day Fantasy Cruise. It works best with our school and sports schedules. We don’t enjoy the short cruises and prefer a 7 day cruise.
me three... fall break 7 night fantasy is our preference.

That’s a good point! Unfortunately I’m too anal to leave my vacation planning to someone else. If I’m doing the res online myself then I can make any snap decisions , if needed. If I have to wait to hear from a TA to ask if I want A or B because Something is no longer available or they make a decision on my behalf and it turns out to be wrong, I would not be happy! And in reading this website over the years, this has happened to people!

ha ha to be fair I get exactly what you mean! I am very ott with my TA to be fair and give her like a million different scenarios just in case my first option isn't available. It helps she's been my TA for around 6 years now so she knows my preferences etc and is used to me. Its definitely something to weigh up with the benefits of the placeholder though.

If you have an OBB that has already been converted to a sailing for summer 2020 can you modify it to a fall 2020 online on Silver Day (if you are silver)

So, I’m Gold and have an OBB for Aug 2020 that I have to change due to DH’s work schedule. Can I change it online on Gold day or will I have to call?

Well, not happy at all. We've been waiting and waiting for Halloween time in early Oct. 7 night. So disappointed.

So we are switching it up completely.....going in summer instead.....not happy, but we want to make it work for our family trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter