• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 - crowds & construction

We are planning on May 2021 and then again in October 2021. Everyone has me worried about October. I just got back from a Thanksgiving trip and really want to avoid the crowds during our next trips. I'm hoping late October won't be as bad as the first week of October.
I could be wrong but I feel October 2021 will be crazy with the 50 year celebration.

This is something you simply cannot predict. Not sure if everyone has been following along for the last couple of weeks, but WDW has been PACKED. The crowd shots look like Christmas at times.

I think you should go when it works best for your schedule and budget and try not to worry about crowds. Easier said than done, I know, but there is no crystal ball. Disney probably won't give any good answers on 50th celebrations until the last minute. It's how they roll. Hope I am wrong.

Also, keep in mind that the Princess Half Marathon Weekend will take place February 18-21, 2021, so that will add at minimum and extra 25,000 people or so (not including family & friends if they go, too).

This is something you simply cannot predict. Not sure if everyone has been following along for the last couple of weeks, but WDW has been PACKED. The crowd shots look like Christmas at times.

I think you should go when it works best for your schedule and budget and try not to worry about crowds. Easier said than done, I know, but there is no crystal ball. Disney probably won't give any good answers on 50th celebrations until the last minute. It's how they roll. Hope I am wrong.

I’ve been following the wait times and reading trip reports. Crazy how crowded it’s been!

Also, keep in mind that the Princess Half Marathon Weekend will take place February 18-21, 2021, so that will add at minimum and extra 25,000 people or so (not including family & friends if they go, too).

Thanks! Fortunately, we’ll arrive just after this!

I think you should go when it works best for your schedule and budget and try not to worry about crowds.

I agree with this. We are planning our next trip for Dec 2021. We want to see the Christmas decorations in all the parks and while we know it will be crowded we don't worry too much about them. It's a fact of life for a WDW vacation.

This^

It's really hard to find a 'slow' time and they're mostly either a fluke or rough/risky weather now. We've adjusted by picking a week that's hopefully only average crowds, works with our schedule, during weather we like, around events that interest us. Then I try to take advantage of which days that week will be slowest, which is usually mid-week.

We used to take alot of extended weekend trips but I think we're giving that up in favor of hitting as many mid-week days as possible.

A little, we are not going 2020 to save money for 2021. We are planning for thanksgiving 2021. We are waiting for star wars hotel to be open. We are thinking by then it should be done. If not most things should be done. And disney is just so expensive now, so we have to do every other year.

I just got back from a quick trip earlier this month and can report that it definitely felt a lot busier than my last trip which was just after Thanksgiving 2018. I also liked the weather better in Nov/Dec it was a little bit too warm for me in February. I'm skipping WDW for the next 3-4 years to give them a chance to build all the new attractions and get all the construction done. Everywhere I turned it was construction, EPCOT was definitely not as magical and I knew that going in but I only spent a few hours there this time because I just wasn't feeling it. I'm thinking of going to Disneyland instead in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter