2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

Which would you prefer? I would prefer scrapped, but if not, I will cancel. That‘s our decision, the three friends in my room. We do hope that Patricia who used points can get some value from those points.

Which would you prefer? I would prefer scrapped, but if not, I will cancel. That‘s our decision, the three friends in my room. We do hope that Patricia who used points can get some value from those points.
Well my oldest has a conflict with the date this year so she'd prefer it get rescheduled. :rotfl2: I'm really ok with either although this would have been our first DVC cruise and we were very excited about it. We are hanging on and waiting to see what happens and whether the dates would work if rescheduled. We paid cash for three of us so we aren't dealing with getting value from points thankfully. I just wish that Disney would make some sort of decision.

If patterns follow, we should hear about June cruises at the end of this month. I won’t be rescheduling- they’ve got the 2020 Alaska now in August 2022 so don’t know if they’d add this one to next summer also.

Well my oldest has a conflict with the date this year so she'd prefer it get rescheduled. :rotfl2: I'm really ok with either although this would have been our first DVC cruise and we were very excited about it. We are hanging on and waiting to see what happens and whether the dates would work if rescheduled. We paid cash for three of us so we aren't dealing with getting value from points thankfully. I just wish that Disney would make some sort of decision.
I really think you picked a great experience for your first DCL cruise. They know how to make activities so interesting that you don’t want to miss a single one!
I say I will cancel, because I doubt the new date would work for the three of us. Individually we are all planning 2022. If the date does work for me, DH will join me.

NCL, Oceania, and Seven Seas cancel cruises through June 2021. Maybe DCL will announce soon.

"The suspension now includes all voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises embarking through June 30, 2021. The company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited," the company said, in a statement.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/...uise-line-holdings-cancels-june-sailings.html

I really think you picked a great experience for your first DCL cruise. They know how to make activities so interesting that you don’t want to miss a single one!
Not our first DCL cruise. Our first DVC member cruise. We are DCL veterans which is why we were so excited about the member cruise.

I was wondering what DVC knows about the MC. So, I asked them, and here’s the reply:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in 2021 Member Cruise and will be happy to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, we have not been given any information as whether or not the 2021 Member Cruise has been cancelled or not. As soon as we find out about this sailing, Members with reservations will be notified. In the meantime, you can call Member Services and cancel your reservation at any time prior to any announcement and the Reservation Points will be returned to your Membership for you to use toward another reservation. We appreciate your understanding.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Please click on the following link to complete our survey. https://www.disneysurveys.com/wix/p22093388.aspx?AGT=Larry

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Larry
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

Thanks for the update - my guess is we will see June cancellations sometime next week.

Thanks for the info @bobbiwoz. I'm planning to get a refund but then thought about the Wish sailing summer 2022. If the DVC Member cruise moves to summer 2022 on the Wish then I'd keep my reservation.

Thanks for the info @bobbiwoz. I'm planning to get a refund but then thought about the Wish sailing summer 2022. If the DVC Member cruise moves to summer 2022 on the Wish then I'd keep my reservation.
I too was going to take a refund...didn’t think of the Wish possibility. I may have to rethink this....

I’m also checking the DCL Blog site - usual pattern has been other cruise lines cancel a month’s sailings first, ie RCL,& then Disney follows. However with RCL announcing they will have a couple of ships cruising out of Caribbean ports, not sure whether the pattern will continue.

I’m also checking the DCL Blog site - usual pattern has been other cruise lines cancel a month’s sailings first, ie RCL,& then Disney follows. However with RCL announcing they will have a couple of ships cruising out of Caribbean ports, not sure whether the pattern will continue.
I checked the DVC site earlier today. Still shows the member cruise is available to book....although limited availability in concierge!

I think DCL needs to cancel the sailings before DVC will do so. I checked DCL website & June sailings are still up there & available for bookings. I think I now recall that the process has been those will be pulled about a week before cancellations are done....removing from DCL site has been the precursor that cancellations could be coming.

I think DCL needs to cancel the sailings before DVC will do so. I checked DCL website & June sailings are still up there & available for bookings. I think I now recall that the process has been those will be pulled about a week before cancellations are done....removing from DCL site has been the precursor that cancellations could be coming.
Agree. I wonder how many staterooms are actually booked on the DVC member cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter