2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

After hours spent in vain yesterday and pending charges across two cards, I was able to login this morning and obtain OBB tickets easily in about 5 minutes. My confirmation email followed within seconds. I can only assume they fixed the glitch. Lesson learned... wait until day 2 of the rollout in the future. (there is still plenty of availability) Now, I just have to watch those pending charges and hope only one goes through. I wasted so much time yesterday and today, it went through like a breeze. If you couldn't get tickets yesterday (the release date) then try again now!

After a long day of waiting, I was able to get tickets last night at 10:30 pm. 🙌🙌🙌

Very excited for October! And to have a Disneyland trip to plan. ❤

Even though it was ridiculous, my party (Oct 19) is sold-out. So I guess it was worth it (?). I didn’t wait nearly as long as everyone else though.

With OBB tickets purchased, I’m now thinking about park strategy for the day (I can’t seem to help it … I’m a planner!). We have park reservations for DL that day, which works out since we’ll spend the entire evening in DCA. We’ll probably pencil in a long nap after lunch, then change into our costumes.

Was trying to find some information in old posts but haven’t had much luck. Was Carthay Circle open during OBB in the past? I was thinking we'd try to make a reservation there at 4:30/5 p.m. for an early dinner (during the mix-in period). Then we could hit the party fed and well-rested.

3 dates sold out in first 24 hours! THAT is why we all waited in the stupid virtual queue for hours. For many, like me, if we had waited till today it could have been too late to go to the only day that would have worked out for us. So it was worth it.

I wasn't expecting 3 dates to sell out the first 24 hours... but with all the pent up demand, I'm also not surprised. I think the rest of the dates will start selling out fairly quick. I won't be shocked if half the dates are gone within a week. Get your tickets NOW if you wanna go!

Was trying to find some information in old posts but haven’t had much luck. Was Carthay Circle open during OBB in the past? I was thinking we'd try to make a reservation there at 4:30/5 p.m. for an early dinner (during the mix-in period). Then we could hit the party fed and well-rested.

I don't remember to be honest, I know they had like projections on the building but that's all I can remember.

With OBB tickets purchased, I’m now thinking about park strategy for the day (I can’t seem to help it … I’m a planner!). We have park reservations for DL that day, which works out since we’ll spend the entire evening in DCA. We’ll probably pencil in a long nap after lunch, then change into our costumes.

I think the lounge was open.

Do you think Lamplight Lounge might be open for an early dinner during the mix-in period? I am also a planner, so I was thinking about making a dinner reservation at a similar time to ensure we eat. Otherwise, we'd end up with random churros for dinner!

We got drinks in the lounge there during the party in 2019 (no rezzies, just walk-up). But you’re talking about when the park is still open, pre-party, so presumably at least the “alfresco lounge” that’s open now would still be open.

Do you think Lamplight Lounge might be open for an early dinner during the mix-in period? I am also a planner, so I was thinking about making a dinner reservation at a similar time to ensure we eat. Otherwise, we'd end up with random churros for dinner!

Right ... our party will not do well if we just eat sugar all evening! I'm guessing Lamplight Lounge will be open. We're going there for brunch the next morning, so I don't think we'd want to double up.

I'm questioning Carthay Circle because something in the very back of my mind is telling me that only the lounge portion was open on party nights. I could absolutely be wrong. EDIT TO ADD: Carthay Circle is only offering al fresco dining now … and who can say if/when full service will return.

We got drinks in the lounge there during the party in 2019 (no rezzies, just walk-up). But you’re talking about when the park is still open, pre-party, so presumably at least the “alfresco lounge” that’s open now would still be open.

This somewhat validates my suspicion that the actual restaurant wasn't open. Thank you!

Right ... our party will not do well if we just eat sugar all evening! I'm guessing Lamplight Lounge will be open but, really, who knows? We're going there for brunch the next morning, so I don't think we'd want to double up.

I'm questioning Carthay Circle because something in the very back of my mind is telling me that only the lounge portion was open on party nights. I could absolutely be wrong.

This somewhat validates my suspicion that the actual restaurant wasn't open. Thank you!
The restaurant wasn’t open during the PARTY. But you guys are talking about eating before the party starts at 6:00. The “mix in” time (what you’re mentioning with a 4:30 or 5:00 reservation) is still normal park operating hours. Not sure what time they’ll cut off reservations, but they could definitely be available at 4:30 or 5 still.

The restaurant wasn’t open during the PARTY. But you guys are talking about eating before the party starts at 6:00. The “mix in” time (what you’re mentioning with a 4:30 or 5:00 reservation) is still normal park operating hours. Not sure what time they’ll cut off reservations, but they could definitely be available at 4:30 or 5 still.

Excellent point!

Hope it works out for you! We mobile ordered food during the party last time, for what it’s worth. I cannot live on alcohol and sugar alone, either. 😆

Glad we aren't the only ones.

Wine Country Trattoria is another sit-down option but I haven't heard great things about their gluten-free menu. Another thing to investigate!

I must be an idiot, I can't find the page to buy party tickets! What am I missing? When I click on the link, it brings me to buy a parking pass. :confused3 Are they only available for California residents?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter