2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

We're doing Onward. My sons will be Ian (red flannel, jeans, and wizard staff) and Barley (Jean jackets with patches, hat, wrist studs, fake brace and green pants to keep him warm), I'm going as the disguised Wilden with khakis, socks, brown shoes, hoodie, blue vest, hat and sunglasses - obviously not covering my entire face for costume rules and my comfort (I'm a dude not that it matters) . We're forgoing blue paint, ears, and prob hair to make it more practical and less messy. And just recently my SIL decided to commit and join and is dressing up as a bounding Manticore. Should be fun and practical (despite lugging a wizard/maleficent staff via airplane and there.

My favorite costumes I saw were 3 girls dressed as Huey, Dewey, and Louie from the Trick or Treat short. I didn't snap a pic but had to stop them and tell them what a great idea it was.
cfee1035300975.Y3JvcCw0MDQsMzE2LDQ2LDE1OQ.png

I ran into them and they were my favorite too! So cute, and didn’t look too hard to do.

Has anyone heard if they're still unofficially providing some same-day tickets for guests staying on property? Have some friends who are going and staying at GCH, and trying to find out
I have the same question. We may be throwing together a last minute trip and I wondered if we can get tickets from DLH desk as they did in the past, or any same day tickets available at GS?

Has anyone been to the recent parties? I've read many reviews and most say the crowds have been crazy, lines long, hard to get into Villains Grove, etc. We go next Tuesday and the original reviews have made me nervous.

Has anyone been to the recent parties? I've read many reviews and most say the crowds have been crazy, lines long, hard to get into Villains Grove, etc. We go next Tuesday and the original reviews have made me nervous.

I went on the 19th. I didn't think it was that bad. WS was down most of the night and RSR had a long line all night, so we skipped those. Other than that we did pretty much everything except for the Mickey's Trick or Treat show. We were worried about Villains Grove, but we saved it for right after the second parade and walked in within 5 minutes.

I went on the 19th. I didn't think it was that bad. WS was down most of the night and RSR had a long line all night, so we skipped those. Other than that we did pretty much everything except for the Mickey's Trick or Treat show. We were worried about Villains Grove, but we saved it for right after the second parade and walked in within 5 minutes.

Thanks for this! I figure I have to just go with it but dang the reviews were driving me crazy. We are going to watch the second parade so we'll probably do the same thing.

I posted my Oogie Boogie Bash thoughts w pics over in the trip reports. Went last Sunday. It was awesome! It was busy, but lines moved quickly…did everything and then some. Hope you have a great time. 🎃

Thanks for this! I figure I have to just go with it but dang the reviews were driving me crazy. We are going to watch the second parade so we'll probably do the same thing.

I felt the same way, but I was overthinking it. We had time for everything including being in Carsland for the lights to come on (which I recommend if you haven't experienced it at Halloween). We watched the 2nd parade right across from The Little Mermaid so it was a short walk to Villains Grove. We grabbed a spot 5-10 minutes before the parade. The busiest time was during mix-in. It's a good time to do Philarmagic, Turtle Talk, and eat.

Last edited:
We went the 21st. It wasn't bad. Treat lines were long but they move quickly, you're constantly moving. Ride lines were nice, we didn't wait long at all for anything. RSR was down for awhile while we were near there so we didn't get to ride it and WS went down for awhile too but we did ride. We got in line for WS right as the party started. It went down while we were in line, they cleared the line after awhile(I think it was 45 mins) and had us take a picture of a baseball bat a CM was holding, as a sort of return pass to come back and ride late...lol It reopened later on and we were able to go through the FP line, went right in and on with hardly any wait later when we were in the area.

We didn't go pictures but lines didn't look bad from what we saw, didn't do Villians Grove but the line was long. We met up with some family who were there that night, they texted when they were going to Villians Grove and it was probably about 30 minutes later when we met up with them near Guardians for the 2nd parade so the line for VG probably moved quickly.

We got there at 5:30p, rode most rides and did all the treat trails, ate and watched the parade all before the end of the night.

The only thing that I didn't care for was I really wanted popcorn, a churro and some water to take back to our room and every cart, toward the front of the park anyway, was closed up before the party even closed. We got in line for Cruella, walked through and I went to the churro cart, right near Award Weiners and they told me they were closed. Started walking toward the entrance and every cart in the plaza area was also closed... they hadn't even made the closing announcement yet. Tried to go into the candy shop to get some other treat and a water(OMG....I needed water...lol) right around 11p and the doors were blocked only letting people out so that was sad. It was a long thirsty walk across the street to my hotel. :lmao:

We went the 21st. It wasn't bad. Treat lines were long but they move quickly, you're constantly moving. Ride lines were nice, we didn't wait long at all for anything. RSR was down for awhile while we were near there so we didn't get to ride it and WS went down for awhile too but we did ride. We got in line for WS right as the party started. It went down while we were in line, they cleared the line after awhile(I think it was 45 mins) and had us take a picture of a baseball bat a CM was holding, as a sort of return pass to come back and ride late...lol It reopened later on and we were able to go through the FP line, went right in and on with hardly any wait later when we were in the area.

We didn't go pictures but lines didn't look bad from what we saw, didn't do Villians Grove but the line was long. We met up with some family who were there that night, they texted when they were going to Villians Grove and it was probably about 30 minutes later when we met up with them near Guardians for the 2nd parade so the line for VG probably moved quickly.

We got there at 5:30p, rode most rides and did all the treat trails, ate and watched the parade all before the end of the night.

The only thing that I didn't care for was I really wanted popcorn, a churro and some water to take back to our room and every cart, toward the front of the park anyway, was closed up before the party even closed. We got in line for Cruella, walked through and I went to the churro cart, right near Award Weiners and they told me they were closed. Started walking toward the entrance and every cart in the plaza area was also closed... they hadn't even made the closing announcement yet. Tried to go into the candy shop to get some other treat and a water(OMG....I needed water...lol) right around 11p and the doors were blocked only letting people out so that was sad. It was a long thirsty walk across the street to my hotel. :lmao:

I know that feeling! We used to stay at HoJos across the street and the walk from the back of the park to our beds was sometimes too much!

I felt the same way, but I was overthinking it. We had time for everything including being in Carsland for the lights to come on (which I recommend if you haven't experienced it at Halloween). We watched the 2nd parade right across from The Little Mermaid so it was a short walk to Villains Grove. We grabbed a spot 5-10 minutes before the parade. The busiest time was during mix-in. It's a good time to do Phlarmagic, Turtle Talk, and eat.
What time do the lights come on in Carsland? Ty!

What time do the lights come on in Carsland? Ty!

At sunset. I checked the weather app to track sunset and made sure we were in the middle of the street a few minutes before. A CM might know the exact time for the specific day, but I’m not sure. It’s definitely a cool experience.

We went on the 28th and the lines/crowds were very reasonable. My kids are older (teens,) so we prioritized rides over characters. We got there at 3pm and we had time to do all the rides (including RSR and WS.) RSR line was no less than 35 mins all night, and more like 60 mins from 3-6pm. We caught WS just as the queue opened (after dinner at Smokejumpers) and waited about 30 mins. It was posted at 30-40 mins all night. We waited in line for it again for like 10-20 mins before it went down. We did the dessert party and saw the first parade. We did most of the treat trails, but did not get to do Villains Grove. Other rides were 20 mins (TSMM,) or less (Did Guardians Monsters After Dark x 2, 10 mins posted wait each time.) It would've been nice if we had an additional hour; we would've been able to do everything, but that's more because we were in the mood for a more laid-back night and didn't want to rush around to do everything. We had a great time -- didn't think the crowds were bad. We'll be back for the rest!

How have waits for Villains Grove been during the first parade? We're planning on watching the second parade, and thought there might be a dip in the lines around that time.

We went on the 28th and the lines/crowds were very reasonable. My kids are older (teens,) so we prioritized rides over characters. We got there at 3pm and we had time to do all the rides (including RSR and WS.) RSR line was no less than 35 mins all night, and more like 60 mins from 3-6pm. We caught WS just as the queue opened (after dinner at Smokejumpers) and waited about 30 mins. It was posted at 30-40 mins all night. We waited in line for it again for like 10-20 mins before it went down. We did the dessert party and saw the first parade. We did most of the treat trails, but did not get to do Villains Grove. Other rides were 20 mins (TSMM,) or less (Did Guardians Monsters After Dark x 2, 10 mins posted wait each time.) It would've been nice if we had an additional hour; we would've been able to do everything, but that's more because we were in the mood for a more laid-back night and didn't want to rush around to do everything. We had a great time -- didn't think the crowds were bad. We'll be back for the rest!
How was the dessert party? Did you have good views of the parade? I haven’t seen many reviews yet. We have reservations on Halloween night, but I’m still deciding if I’m going to keep them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter