2021 Resort Reservations

I’m shocked at the 2021 pricing. I canceled our August-September 2020 Pop free dining trip and am looking to book similar dates for 2021. But the same trip is thousands of dollars more, and without free dining of course. It has gone from pricy to simply unaffordable. What do others think of the 2021 rates?
I think the prices are outrageous. Not only that, the “discounts” have been far and few in between in recent years.

I’m shocked at the 2021 pricing. I canceled our August-September 2020 Pop free dining trip and am looking to book similar dates for 2021. But the same trip is thousands of dollars more, and without free dining of course. It has gone from pricy to simply unaffordable. What do others think of the 2021 rates?
prices completely inflated but makes sense for WDW to do this...a) Makes DVC seem like that much more of a “value”,and b) if they get it, great but if not they can offer a 35% discount (a deal!) and get about what the room is worth

I think the prices are outrageous. Not only that, the “discounts” have been far and few in between in recent years.
prices completely inflated but makes sense for WDW to do this...a) Makes DVC seem like that much more of a “value”,and b) if they get it, great but if not they can offer a 35% discount (a deal!) and get about what the room is worth

I have never seen them so inflated before! I’m surprised I don’t read more complaints about this on here, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong threads.

I have never seen them so inflated before! I’m surprised I don’t read more complaints about this on here, but perhaps I am looking in the wrong threads.
In my limited comparison, the deluxe rack rates are minimally if at all different from 2020. For me the shock was booking a deluxe room without a discount for the first time in...forever.

The prices are high, which makes me very concerned about how much higher they may be when the rest of 2021 is released. 😬

The prices are high, which makes me very concerned about how much higher they may be when the rest of 2021 is released. 😬
No reason they would be any different than the usual holiday bumps. As a point of comparison Presidents’ Day 2021 will be on the high range for the year.

Yeah, I'm fairly surprised yet not surprised by the increase. I haven't been back to WDW for years, but I've been pricing trips for the past 3 years in order to make sure my finances were in order so I don't go into vacation debt. In 2021, a moderate resort is going to cost me almost as much as a deluxe would have this year I think based on the rate charts. I'm used to seeing those prices at Disneyland, but at WDW it seems a little much to spend $300-$500 per room for a value or moderate. I would seriously consider renting DVC points if it wasn't for the uncertainty in the world right now. If things change by the time I would need to put in a request for points though, I might just try it. Offsite is an option, too, I guess since I could rent a house with several bedrooms for less, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to risk that with closures and everything.

The rate calendar on the website actually shows the prices for Oct, Nov, Dec 2021.

The 2021 prices are outrageous because they are rack rate. With reduced park capacity Disney has no incentive to offer discounts to fill up the resorts. They know that there are the select few who will pay these crazy prices and, for now, that is all they need. I do not believe we will see any type of discount for 2021 unless covid 19 is controlled with a vaccine and Disney opens up all resorts and parks without restrictions and needs to fill up their rooms. We are Canadian, so we must add another 35% - 40% exchange rate on our total package price but so far Disney doesn't care because they don't need our business yet. Usually we are offered the Canadian ticket deal where tickets are 20% reduced added to a small discount on the room. We are looking to book a package for late August 2021 for four adults at Pop (one room) for 7 nights/6 base park days coming in at $5000 CDN before food or flights. And, this is one of the least expensive times to visit Disney. I probably will book but will most certainly cancel down the road if no discounts appear. These are crazy prices.

The 2021 prices are outrageous because they are rack rate. With reduced park capacity Disney has no incentive to offer discounts to fill up the resorts. They know that there are the select few who will pay these crazy prices and, for now, that is all they need. I do not believe we will see any type of discount for 2021 unless covid 19 is controlled with a vaccine and Disney opens up all resorts and parks without restrictions and needs to fill up their rooms. We are Canadian, so we must add another 35% - 40% exchange rate on our total package price but so far Disney doesn't care because they don't need our business yet. Usually we are offered the Canadian ticket deal where tickets are 20% reduced added to a small discount on the room. We are looking to book a package for late August 2021 for four adults at Pop (one room) for 7 nights/6 base park days coming in at $5000 CDN before food or flights. And, this is one of the least expensive times to visit Disney. I probably will book but will most certainly cancel down the road if no discounts appear. These are crazy prices.
On the bright side, I’m will to pay a lot more for reduced capacity. And if capacity increases, there will be discounts again.

The rack rates are astonishing, especially since I usually book according to discounts and haven’t paid rack rate for a room since 2008. I hate paying that much, but I’m also viewing it as an opportunity to stay places I usually wouldn’t.

For instance, the Polynesian is my all-time favorite resort, but I haven’t stayed there since 2017 because they stopped discounting as much. It’s hard to justify the price differential vs. 30-35% off the Boardwalk, which I also love. But at rack rates, it’s worth it to me to pay a little bit extra for the Poly. I also have a BWV studio booked for a short solo trip, when I otherwise would have booked AKL with it’s usual AP discount.

How’s that for Disney Math?

The rack rates are astonishing, especially since I usually book according to discounts and haven’t paid rack rate for a room since 2008. I hate paying that much, but I’m also viewing it as an opportunity to stay places I usually wouldn’t.

For instance, the Polynesian is my all-time favorite resort, but I haven’t stayed there since 2017 because they stopped discounting as much. It’s hard to justify the price differential vs. 30-35% off the Boardwalk, which I also love. But at rack rates, it’s worth it to me to pay a little bit extra for the Poly. I also have a BWV studio booked for a short solo trip, when I otherwise would have booked AKL with it’s usual AP discount.

How’s that for Disney Math?
I do exactly the same thing except with Yacht and Beach.

So I will say that for the Holidays, the prices at the deluxe's for rack rate seem comparable to last year. We only ever get to go for the holiday times, so we are used to not getting any real discounts.

So I will say that for the Holidays, the prices at the deluxe's for rack rate seem comparable to last year. We only ever get to go for the holiday times, so we are used to not getting any real discounts.
I didn’t think it was that bad - but we are staying at a deluxe over Easter.

what’s a good source to get a real-time alert for when the rest of 2021 dates are available for booking? i seem to always miss the official announcements and need a blaring notice.

what’s a good source to get a real-time alert for when the rest of 2021 dates are available for booking? i seem to always miss the official announcements and need a blaring notice.
I’ve just been checking here, the Disney Parks Blog, and the the Disney World website every day (or a couple times a day, because I’m slightly obsessive). I guess if you want notifications, you could follow them on your social media of choice and set it to notify you every time they post something and eventually it’ll be the post you’re looking for.

I’ve just been checking here, the Disney Parks Blog, and the the Disney World website every day (or a couple times a day, because I’m slightly obsessive). I guess if you want notifications, you could follow them on your social media of choice and set it to notify you every time they post something and eventually it’ll be the post you’re looking for.

I've been doing the same. I'm not aware of any place that you can set actual notifications for. Wouldn't that be great if the Disney site could do that, though? That would save me so much time! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter