2021 Vacations?

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Are you planning one (or more)? If so where? Are you doing anything different than you previously did in terms of planning, etc.?

I get emails almost daily about all these awesome travel deals with low deposits, no change fees, etc., but there's no way I'm comfortable putting down a deposit on a cruise or an overseas trip with no guarantee of when we could go. It's killing me to see all of these deals and I have a bunch of vacation time saved up. We've talked of doing a trip to Yellowstone this summer, but I have a feeling everyone and their brother will be visiting all the parks this year. Before Covid happened we had planned on going to Ireland or Scotland in June for my daughter's high school graduation gift, but who knows now. I've been eyeballing Alaska cruises but again, not going to pull that trigger until after cruises have started back up and everything looks to be going well.

Yep, Outer Banks. It's already booked. We drive there normally, takes about 12 hours. My parents live at the halfway point so we normally stop there. It's a nice vacation because we stay at a house and aren't really on top of anyone and don't do a lot of touristy or crowded things there. The house has its own pool and hot tub and we go for bike rides and such.

Yep. Finally going back to Disney in October! Only difference in planning is that w/out fast pass and booking table service later, there just isn't much planning to do!

Also looking to do a long weekend at Dollywood. Love it because there is no real planning involved. Staying at DreamMore again.

Flying both trips.

Normally I have my summer vacation booked by early fall. I feel so behind this year. I probably would just skip it or do something last minute but I have over 2000 dollars in airline credit from a cancelled Hawaii trip last summer. It’s only good through 2021 so I just rebooked for Hawaii for June and I’m hoping we can go in this one! I’m booking everything with free cancellation! Also I have a group of friends that I’m planning to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon with!

Yes end of the month going to wdw, universal and sea world. Going to go one more time in 2021 to wdw probably spend the whole week in wdw.

Had thought of Disney April 2021 but may push it to summer 2021. If we don’t go to Disney April for spring break we may get some Vrbo somewhere and just sit someplace that isn’t our house. We have also kicked around staying at the Four Seasons Orlando for a few days at some point, have always wanted to and we saved a bunch of vacation money by not going on any last year. I would love to think we would do a cruise or Europe but don’t think that will happen this year

I think certain types of trips are more feasible this year than others. I doubt Summer 2021 Alaskan (due to the requirement to port in Canada) or European cruises will be open to Americans unless our Covid situation improves drastically in the next few months.

The only trips we will be taking will be for my DD(17)'s softball tournaments.

We're booked for WDW's 50th. Made sure our deposit and all money is refundable and starting this month we'll start paying off our room reservation so by August it's all paid for.

We have a couple RV resorts booked for trips in April & Summer, again made sure I knew the refund polices. Last year we had a hard time getting into many places since they filled up and the States shut down their State Parks. Last year we headed of to Montana and we'll probably go back too.

I want to do a Disney trip in the spring sometime and would love to be able to get a Europe trip in in the fall. Of course this all depends on the covid situation, I'm not booking anything non-refundable at this point.

I do currently have a reservation at AOA for the first week of February, but with the current covid numbers I'm about 98% sure I'm going to cancel it.

Will definitely be doing our usual Up North trip in August but right now, that's all.

May try and figure out a long weekend of some sort, but otherwise I am not planning any real vacations this year.

We booked a trip to Alaska to visit my family. I’m really nervous about it though. Worst case scenario, we go and do only outdoor, socially distant stuff and don’t see my family which would really suck.

Driving to Disney for Thanksgiving. Might throw a day at Universal in there depending on how things go.

I’m trying to come up with a backup destination if WDW doesn’t look more “normal” by then.

Booked a summer trip to Hawaii with the neighbors.

We have reserved a 3 bedroom condo, booked the airfare, and the rental car.

Planning the excursions now.

Also have a spring break trip to WDW for the wife and I and the wife has a girls trip to WDW in a few weeks.

Vegas for sure. I'd like to take the girls somewhere this summer, but I'm worried about things being closed at our destination. I'd hate spending a bunch of money to travel someplace and not get to fully experience it. We had talked about going to Texas when the oldest had a boyfriend it Fort Worth, but that ended so I'm not sure if Texas is still interesting to her. I suppose if nothing else we could always go to the beach, that's only a couple hours away.

I am not specifically sure where or when, but I will be going places once we are on more stable ground. WDW is for sure at some point, and maybe elsewhere too. I have some lost time to make up for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter