2022 Cruise Dates

MrsRoyale

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I could have called Disney to ask this question, but I am sure the Cast Members are swamped with calls and didn't want to be a bother, so I figured I would ask here to the experienced cruisers...

We are planning on taking our first ever DCL trip in 2022 (dates are not an issue and neither is destination, we are flexible). We are also DVC members and hope to be able to pay all or partially with points.

Roughly, when are itineraries, dates, destinations released? How far ahead? That way we can start planning as soon as they are released. Also, are all the itineraries released at once or are they staggered?

Thanks in advance!

DCL releases cruise itineraries in batches. The next will likely be for fall 2021 itineraries coming up (hopefully) fairly soon. Releases over the past few years have been:
  • early year itineraries (approx. Jan - Apr) released in the fall, maybe September or October
  • summer itineraries (approx. May - Sept) released in the late winter, maybe Feb or March
  • fall itineraries (approx. Sept - Dec) released around May or June
But DCL doesn't necessarily stick to any given schedule for releases so 2022 could be whenever they choose. Check back here frequently as it will be discussed.

Also, the DVC exchange point charts are generally not available on opening day for booking, and can trickle in well after the fact. DVC points bookings have tot be done via DVC, and if you are paying part cash, you have to PIF at the time of booking.

You may have seen something about this already, but I have a lot of friends are DVC and say that booking a Disney Cruise with DVC points is often not worthwhile and they always pay cash for their cruises.

Just something for you to look into/keep in mind when booking.

I think right now the risk is that if you book on points and the cruise is cancelled, you don't get the points back. They remain reservation points that can only be used non-DVC and with an additional $95 booking fee (you lose the first one you paid). The expiration is not extended.

It depends on how the next 6-9 months go what kind of risk that represents in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter