2022 cruise release?

I'm platinum and the last time I booked a cruise we weren't able to do it online--you had to call. I typically use a travel agent so it was no big deal. But I think they've switched it now so that you can go online and book yourself before the phone lines open. Is that correct? That makes me wonder if I'm going to lost out on the rooms I want by using a travel agent?

i'm really disappointed they didn't cancel the end-of-summer Alaska cruises (which i'm booked on) before this release.
i'm still 90% sure they won't be sailing, but now i have to move to 2022 (without the 125% i was hoping for) in order to not be locked out of 2022 altogether by the time my sailing is cancelled.
Can you just put the minimum down on a summer 2022 cruise and wait to see if the other gets canceled? I'm thinking of doing that b/c unsure of the fate of my Nov '21 cruise ... (rebooked from canceled Apr '20).

Thank you for the responses :) I guess Ill just wait till next week to see how the prices are looking. We are not locked in on a date but interested in a Carribean cruise for next summer.

If it helps, usually June is cheapest, then late July/early August. I don't know if there's a difference on pricing between Eastern and Western. Here's the opening day pricing link for Summer 2021.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...mmer-2021-magic-wonder-dream-fantasy.3793675/

I'm platinum and the last time I booked a cruise we weren't able to do it online--you had to call. I typically use a travel agent so it was no big deal. But I think they've switched it now so that you can go online and book yourself before the phone lines open. Is that correct? That makes me wonder if I'm going to lost out on the rooms I want by using a travel agent?
Hope you get an answer for this. I would be so happy to just type my request and pay the deposit.

Online typically opens by 6am ET. You can’t apply a placeholder online- that needs to be done over the phone. Not all rooms can be viewed online (only 8 per category, beginning with port side rooms) but can be changed via online chat when that opens up later in the morning. You likely have a better shot at your preferred rooms by booking online, but it’s probably more of an issue if it’s a popular sailing.

"By" 6am is right.. at least so far they have often started allowing booking online well before that. No rhyme or reason and I usually miss out since I'm PST, and unless I want to wake up every hour or so just in case, I just accept that I am a little behind.

I'm not sure the answer to your question... maybe the TA line opens up earlier? Technically you're right, but if it was a deal I would have thought Id have run across someone complaining about that to date, but everyone has seemed happy with what their TA has gotten them so far.

DH and I made an agreement that we weren't going to book our next cruise until DCL is cruising again. I wonder if we'll be able to hold to that when booking starts on Monday? I wonder how inflated the prices are going to be?
I feel the same way. Now with the third surge in Europe, I feel like this is a never-ending apocalyptic drama. I'm not as confident in vaccine efficacy or safety as most people on these boards. It's possible I'll be overcome by the excitement on Monday and book something or at least place a hold.... after all, Disney is good at refunds.

Online typically opens by 6am ET. You can’t apply a placeholder online- that needs to be done over the phone. Not all rooms can be viewed online (only 8 per category, beginning with port side rooms) but can be changed via online chat when that opens up later in the morning. You likely have a better shot at your preferred rooms by booking online, but it’s probably more of an issue if it’s a popular sailing.
Yikes. I have no idea whether it will be popular, but I assume it probably will be. Ugh. Thanks for confirming the earlier online time.

"By" 6am is right.. at least so far they have often started allowing booking online well before that. No rhyme or reason and I usually miss out since I'm PST, and unless I want to wake up every hour or so just in case, I just accept that I am a little behind.

I'm not sure the answer to your question... maybe the TA line opens up earlier? Technically you're right, but if it was a deal I would have thought Id have run across someone complaining about that to date, but everyone has seemed happy with what their TA has gotten them so far.
Great point--thanks! I think what I'll do is ask her what she recommends. I'm going for a couple of popular room choices, and I assume the sailing will be popular (June Med/Greek Isles), but who knows with the pandemic. I'm very curious how the pricing will be!

but everyone has seemed happy with what their TA has gotten them so far.

I do remember a big kerfuffle with Costco a few years ago where they were so slammed they were just taking the information and getting back to people, but at least based on claims here they were not necessarily fulfilled in the order calls were placed.

But people who are using actual “small business” agencies - as opposed to a big box store - do seem pleased with their service. (I know the agent I use has said that on opening days they “team up” agents and if one gets through while the rest of their team is holding they will do their clients’ things and then the clients of other agents in the team. Obviously the rest of the team continues to hold and if they get through they let the first agent know, then do their clients’ things, and will help with other team members if necessary.)

Finally!!! Woohoo!! DH and I have been discussing this all morning, back and forth. We've finally landed on the 11 night Iceland/Norway/Scotland cruise mid August to replace our 10 night Northern Europe this August. Come on Tuesday, I want to booooooook it! :rotfl2:
That’s a great itinerary IMO! You’ll really enjoy it!

It will depart May 8.
We definitely want to be onboard. My “hope” is that we have a safer world, and that it will sail. We had already asked DU TA Tracey to book it for us!

On our last TA flight, we had a layover in Lisbon en route to Paris.. I look forward to seeing more of Lisbon! The other stops are interesting to us too!

This is how I booked both HI cruises (Cancelled 2019 and current 2021). I booked 8032 before phone lines were up.

Can you just put the minimum down on a summer 2022 cruise and wait to see if the other gets canceled? I'm thinking of doing that b/c unsure of the fate of my Nov '21 cruise ... (rebooked from canceled Apr '20).

I don't think there's a way to put less deposit than the required amount unless you have a placeholder that can be converted to a reservation in which case it'd be 10% deposit instead of the 20%. I suppose if you have a Disney Chase card, then depending on the amount, you might be able to get 0% interest for 6 months on the amount and pay those overtime while waiting to see if your November cruise gets cancelled.

I don't think there's a way to put less deposit than the required amount unless you have a placeholder that can be converted to a reservation in which case it'd be 10% deposit instead of the 20%. I suppose if you have a Disney Chase card, then depending on the amount, you might be able to get 0% interest for 6 months on the amount and pay those overtime while waiting to see if your November cruise gets cancelled.
Cruise deposits are the only time I use my Disney Visa. It's a great card to have when your unsure about a cruise.

Is there a thread where opening day prices for the new summer 2022 cruises will be posted? Thanks!

Is there a thread where opening day prices for the new summer 2022 cruises will be posted? Thanks!
Yes. The mods will set up a thread for pricing quotes where Platinum/Gold DISers will report their quotes/bookings. The mods will also set up a thread for pricing requests for people to make of Platinum DISers who can check them the first day.

If I'm reading correctly, that 6/3 Dream sailing is a 3 night round trip PC which has it arriving back at PC on 6/6. Her next sailing is 6/7 out of Miami. I guess a repositioning with no passengers??
Yes, since a one-way cruise (of any length) from PC to Miami would not be permitted under the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) that governs passenger cruises arriving or departing from US ports. Only US-flagged, constructed, and crewed ships can carry passengers between US ports without a stop at a distant foreign port. That’s why the DCL Panama Canal cruises stop in Cartegena, Columbia. Round trip cruises starting and ending in the same US port are permitted so long as they include a stop in a foreign port.

Yes. The mods will set up a thread for pricing quotes where Platinum/Gold DISers will report their quotes/bookings. The mods will also set up a thread for pricing requests for people to make of Platinum DISers who can check them the first day.

With a year+ worth of cruises wiped out, any guesses on what the prices might look like for summer 2022?

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter