2022 DVC Member Cruise - Alaska (August 29 - Sept 5)

I also find it ironic…the only communication I’ve had from DVC in the last couple of months…my guide has called twice to let me know about the promotional offers for adding points, including the extra bonus for members on the cruise.

They might get farther with that if it seemed like they cared about the members on the cruise and building excitement…or at least managing expectations!

Booked our first member cruise for next year. Curious what the 'swag' was on this cruise. Thanks!

Booked our first member cruise for next year. Curious what the 'swag' was on this cruise. Thanks!
Hope you get some better swag! This DVC cruise swag was very bland imo. Lip balm, luggage tag, resin bear, postcards, a big pin. The only decent items were the cap, mug, hooded blanket, travel tech wallet with a slim power bank, and a duffel bag. The only “Disney” swag was a signed cookbook, nuiMOs (Mickey & Minnie), and the sketchbook prints. Apparently they’re trying to incorporate some future matching custom designed pieces on future cruises - the duffel bag and the travel tech wallet were the same colors and had the same member cruise label / tag. We didn’t catch the first DVC Alaskan cruise in 2015 but they had way better swag and wished they had some similar items on this cruise.

I know kidguile replied… but here’s a bit better explanation…

Everyday there was a new gift in the stateroom, one each (of the same gift of the day) for every member of your stateroom.
Those were:
A printed cotton drawstring bag with a member cruise Alaska hat, a member cruise corkcycle mug, a National Geographic magazine with an offer for a month or two subscription (need to look up details, I don’t remember off the top of my head), a lanyard with a **printed** pocket sized booklet of the DVC Member Cruise special activities and a button that was co-branded for Disney+ Day.
A bear resin statue on a base
A hooded blanket
A cookbook with a member cruise customized dust jacket
A tech wallet with a charging brick
A Nuimos draw string bag with a Mickey and a Minnie Nuimo and a custom Alaska outfit for each of the
A member cruise commemorative pin (it’s a substantial double post pin)
A set of beautiful 10x17 art screen prints and a letter hand signed by the artist (and voice of Mickey Mouse) Bret Iwin
and A large duffel bag

Every night on a port night, at turn down, there was a postcard version of the art poster that Bret Iwin did for that port. It also had some background info on his design.

Then there were little giveaways at the membership table that you could pick up everyday…those were of varying degrees of value…but those were on the honor system of one person from your party stopping by and honestly saying how many were in your room. They weren’t checking and if there had been more value, based on what I saw, they would have run out…even if it was just because two different members of the same party unintentionally stopped by and picked up the items for everyone.

Those were:
A spiral sketchbook
Luggage tag
A lip balm
A zipper pull
A patch
Extra postcards of the Katchikan poster…not sure why they did those at the table
I think I might be forgetting one

Yes, this was our first member cruise, but I read up on previous years (including gifts) before we went, and I thought the gifts were lovely. Do I love every single one? No, but as a whole I think they did a nice job. Single biggest retail value comparable item was probably the screen printed posters. If you watch similar Disney Fine Art produced items and their prices, these collectively are pricey! But they might not be everyone’s taste, and if you want to put them up you’ll have to frame them…if they had framed them, we all would have spent a small fortune on excessive baggage!

I know kidguile replied… but here’s a bit better explanation…

Everyday there was a new gift in the stateroom, one each (of the same gift of the day) for every member of your stateroom.
Those were:
A printed cotton drawstring bag with a member cruise Alaska hat, a member cruise corkcycle mug, a National Geographic magazine with an offer for a month or two subscription (need to look up details, I don’t remember off the top of my head), a lanyard with a **printed** pocket sized booklet of the DVC Member Cruise special activities and a button that was co-branded for Disney+ Day.
A bear resin statue on a base
A hooded blanket
A cookbook with a member cruise customized dust jacket
A tech wallet with a charging brick
A Nuimos draw string bag with a Mickey and a Minnie Nuimo and a custom Alaska outfit for each of the
A member cruise commemorative pin (it’s a substantial double post pin)
A set of beautiful 10x17 art screen prints and a letter hand signed by the artist (and voice of Mickey Mouse) Bret Iwin
and A large duffel bag

Every night on a port night, at turn down, there was a postcard version of the art poster that Bret Iwin did for that port. It also had some background info on his design.

Then there were little giveaways at the membership table that you could pick up everyday…those were of varying degrees of value…but those were on the honor system of one person from your party stopping by and honestly saying how many were in your room. They weren’t checking and if there had been more value, based on what I saw, they would have run out…even if it was just because two different members of the same party unintentionally stopped by and picked up the items for everyone.

Those were:
A spiral sketchbook
Luggage tag
A lip balm
A zipper pull
A patch
Extra postcards of the Katchikan poster…not sure why they did those at the table
I think I might be forgetting one

Yes, this was our first member cruise, but I read up on previous years (including gifts) before we went, and I thought the gifts were lovely. Do I love every single one? No, but as a whole I think they did a nice job. Single biggest retail value comparable item was probably the screen printed posters. If you watch similar Disney Fine Art produced items and their prices, these collectively are pricey! But they might not be everyone’s taste, and if you want to put them up you’ll have to frame them…if they had framed them, we all would have spent a small fortune on excessive baggage!

Nicely put! I guess I missed the zipper pull day 😝

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter